Magnet Fishing

loriusgarrulus

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are what I use for my duck decoy mother lines.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-Frame-Cable-Tidy-Extension-Wire-Reel-Power-Lead-Holder-Rope-Carrier-Winder-/351800634245?hash=item51e8f3ab85:g:2C8AAOSwaB5XpNxd

Mine came with 10 metres of cord, but I am going to fit a longer lengh as it wouldn't reach the other side of the canal we tried. I could easily have chucked it further. Something to wind the cord on is needed as well, as I spent a good 10 minutes untangling it before I could start.

I can't believe once again PW has got me into something I had no idea even existed.

From all the previous experiences it will go something like this: I buy the bits needed and ask my wife to come for a nice walk along the river then I proceed to chuck something on the end of rope repeatedly in and drag out scrap. At this point my wife moans at me and we go home, her in a strop and I put the magnet in the shed never to see the light of day again. So I will just buy the magnet and put it straight in my shed and save the hassle in the middle.

Thanks once again PW.

That deserves a bump….. Had a good laugh at the end of a **** day :good:

Not many streams and rivers stay in the same course for centuries, best of luck with your fishing.

There's a fella on you tube does this,found a nice old sword too along with the usual tat.

You can compare whats here now with what was, on here. Just type the place in at the top and the right handside gives you a choice of maps. Some of the very ancient ones are a bit vague though.

You can waste hours looking at places you know and seeing how they've changed and what roads weren't there even a 100 years ago.

http://www.oldmapsonline.org

Edited by loriusgarrulus

Well we found a bolt for a door, a screw, co2 capsule, screwdriver, and a lead balance weight .

It was a good way of killing an hour :)

Nice one. Did the children enjoy it.

I have been looking on google maps online and spotted an old mill about 3 miles away with pond and millrace going under a road bridge into a stream. There is a public footpath by the millrace going downstream, so with the old bridge there as well looks a good place to try as less likely to have been dredged than canals.