Brexit - Merged Threads

panoma1

I was just reading the Times and thought this was interesting;

"The divisions were laid bare as a US bank warned that a Corbyn government would threaten the UK asset market more than Brexit would. Graham Secker, chief European equity strategist at Morgan Stanley, was said to have told clients: “We could see the biggest shake-up in the political backdrop since the 70s. This is much more scary from an equity perspective than Brexit.”

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Granett said:

Anger at redacted Brexit papers unites MPs

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/anger-at-redacted-papers-unites-mps-xx69spm9c

Presumably the Express is telling everyone that this is because the forecast for Brexit is just too good. 

It would hardly be a good idea to reveal any areas that brexit could damage, it would give the EU leverage, I don't know why so many remainiacs are so intent on damaging the UK, who's side are they on?

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

It would hardly be a good idea to reveal any areas that brexit could damage, it would give the EU leverage, I don't know why so many remainiacs are so intent on damaging the UK, who's side are they on?

Lol. You're saying that parliamentary sovereignty (the right for our MPs to scrutinise Govt) should be impinged due for the sake of economic reasons? 

Remind me how that argument went down when it was EU membership itself being discussed? 

Also, pejoratives aside, it's odd to state, having voted for something so clearly damaging to the UK, that demands for proper implementation of Brexit are what are actually causing the damage. 

10 minutes ago, Granett said:

Lol. You're saying that parliamentary sovereignty (the right for our MPs to scrutinise Govt) should be impinged due for the sake of economic reasons? 

Remind me how that argument went down when it was EU membership itself being discussed? 

Also, pejoratives aside, it's odd to state, having voted for something so clearly damaging to the UK, that demands for proper implementation of Brexit are what are actually causing the damage. 

When was brexit so obviously damaging? it hasn't happened yet and other than short term market reaction to the scaremongering spread by those who want to overturn democracy, I along with many others believe it's going to be great for the country in the long run.

As for the scrutiny issue yes I do, there's no need for it, a democratic referendum took place where the population was asked whether we wanted to stay or remain in the EU, project fear made it very clear during the referendum what we'd be leaving, the governent has the result so there's no need to consult a load of remoaning remaniacs.

'Remoaning remainiacs' a double pejorative! :good:

I think the above mentioned would be more than happy to just call the whole Brexit thing off.
You know, just tell Brussels were going to chuck the result out the window, ignore the majority vote, you know, a bit like they did with the French and Dutch EU constitutional referendums.
Ignore the fact that it would make the country look extremely foolish, probably cause the government to collapse, with the end result being economic distress, and maybe a recession .
But hey , anythings better than Brexit?

21 minutes ago, Granett said:

Wow... so on average it'll cost an extra 64p per person to feed a family of 8 compared to last year. 

I think this calls for another referendum... I doubt even Nick Clegg saw this one coming!! 

1 hour ago, poontang said:

Wow... so on average it'll cost an extra 64p per person to feed a family of 8 compared to last year. 

I think this calls for another referendum... I doubt even Nick Clegg saw this one coming!! 

Not if they're like Granett and only eat Brussels Sprouts, they've gone up by 51%. I blame the EU.:lol:

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Maybe a slight increase due to a weak pound, but mainly due to inflation caused by a massively increasing population (mainly immigrants)

Where have you read that inflation has been the result of immigrants? 

2 hours ago, poontang said:

Do you not understand the extrapolated indications this has for overall living costs, or are you so wealthy they are of no concern? 

21 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Lol. Only on PW could the IFS be dismissed as biased then, without any irony,  cite an "article" that opens... 

"The report, by the Labour Party’s pro-Brexit group Labour Leave" 

Meanwhile the brexit team have decided EU trade is worth offering £50bn.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/28/exclusive-britain-eu-agree-brexit-divorce-bill/

20% increase on food costs, paying over £50bn. What the Express told its readership to dismiss without thinking as "Project fear" is looking more and more like the expert forecast. 

Edited by Granett

7 minutes ago, Granett said:

Where have you read that inflation has been the result of immigrants? 

Do you not understand the extrapolated indications this has for overall living costs, or are you so wealthy they are of no concern? 

Lol. Only on PW could the IFS be dismissed as biased then, without any irony,  cite an "article" that opens... 

"The report, by the Labour Party’s pro-Brexit group Labour Leave" 

Meanwhile the brexit team have decided EU trade is worth offering £50bn.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/28/exclusive-britain-eu-agree-brexit-divorce-bill/

20% increase on food costs, paying over £50bn. What the Express told its readership to dismiss without thinking as "Project fear" is looking more and more like the expert forecast. 

Do you rubbish all pro brexit sources? Are only pro remain sources credible?

The reason these ridiculous amounts are being offered to the EU is because of the remainiacs in Westminster, I genuinely believe if an extortionate ransom is payed to the EU in the end there will be hell to pay, but time will tell, hopefully the EU will continue to be as unreasonable as they have been so far and we can get a hard Brexit.

Meanwhile EU immigration crisis continues.

https://www.economist.com/news/europe/21731162-eu-struggling-build-coherent-asylum-system-opposition-eastern-europe-threatens

May is an EU Traitor who needs to go now, they owe us *** due to our huge nett contribution over the years and share of assets.  The whole negotoations have been a poorly orchestrated patronising farce from day 1 her being a Remainer Plant, what's next carry of with Free Movement and under the rule of the ECJ.  So we are paying them £52 Billion for them to run a huge trade deficit with us only an EU Plant would pay anything, they should be paying us for access to our lucrative market.  A modern day Guy Fawkes needed more than ever.  She has obviously bought off the Brexiteers with something personally lucrative their silence is deafening.  Parliament has proven itself in this total debacle wholly unable to represent the wishes of the people unfortunate enough to elect them with no real choice between the main parties, all are full of lying treachorous back stabbing scum.

Edited by JRDS

2 minutes ago, Granett said:

Lol. Even when it's being handled by Brexiteers, the reason for the gap between the Express promise of unicorns, and the reality of Brexit, is still "Conspiracy!" 

It's not being handled by Brexiters, it's under Theesa May who was a remaniac.

And as for the Express they actually predicted it rather well via Nigel Farage as reported in this article.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/880390/Brexit-news-Nigel-Farage-eu-divorce-bill-settlement/amp

I also don't understand what your so happy about, are you pleased we're to pay a huge bill for nothing, money that could have been used for our schools, hospitals, armed forces (you know the ones that saved the free world twice helping to save europe).

Amazed with the number of people trolling on here, it's not been handled by Brexiteer's it is being handled (fixed) by May and Hammond who answer only to their Globalist Leaders.    

3 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

It's not being handled by Brexiters, it's under Theesa May who was a remaniac.

And as for the Express they actually predicted it rather well via Nigel Farage as reported in this article.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/880390/Brexit-news-Nigel-Farage-eu-divorce-bill-settlement/amp

I also don't understand what your so happy about, are you pleased we're to pay a huge bill for nothing, money that could have been used for our schools, hospitals, armed forces (you know the ones that saved the free world twice helping to save europe).

He is probably posting sat on Frau Merkels knee.

I think some people have a religious quality to their belief in Brexit, and whatever the evidence, they will convince themselves of a Conspiracy! 

First it was the fault of immigrants, now it's remainiacs, it'll always be someone's fault. For some whatever happens, it will always be someone else's fault. 

On the settlement bill, I'm bitterly disappointed at the financial self-harm we were manipulated into before bringing on ourselves for the sake of a few disaster capitalists and a few Conservative party careers. 

Edited by Granett
Typo

Just reading the small print it reads to me like the bitch has agreed to the full 100 Billion Euro's spun down to £52 Billion with probably hidden payments to pay the rest presumably to avoid civil unrest.  'The UK has conceded liabilities of 100 Billion Euros'.

Edited by JRDS