Battery drill batteries

Dellbert

Its not hard just get a load of the right cells (ebay) and solder them together and fit them in the battery case, I've done it a couple of time for things that you couldn't get batteries for.

Not really sure the saving would be worth it

Edited by bluesj

I bought one of those replacement batteries you talk about but it never fitted my drill very well and eventually dropped out on the floor!!!!

a few at work bought them and they died within months not worth the money, you can buy genuine brand new Makita 3.0 ah batts for £35 nowadays due to them doing 4 5 and 6 ah batteries , and also buy a skin drill driver for about the same price

I had three of the old 7.2v Makitas. Used them six days a week for years, fantastic drills. All the batteries died around the same time.

I went on to waste my money on copy batteries, B&Q Dewalt £99 jobs. By that time I wasnt using them for Work and only DIY, and they were all rubbish.

Bought a quality twin 18v drill/driver and impact Makita set and havent looked back. Will probably last me a lifetime now with DIY use only. Smaller, lighter and more powerful.

Ive since added body only planer and SDS drill without the need for more batteries. Now buying body only Im getting quality tools for little money

Edited by Cosd

I had three of the old 7.2v Makitas. Used them six days a week for years, fantastic drills. All the batteries died around the same time.

I went on to waste my money on copy batteries, B&Q Dewalt £99 jobs. By that time I wasnt using them for Work and only DIY, and they were all rubbish.

Bought a quality twin 18v drill/driver and impact Makita set and havent looked back. Will probably last me a lifetime now with DIY use only. Smaller, lighter and more powerful.

Ive since added body only planer and SDS drill without the need for more batteries. Now buying body only Im getting quality tools for little money

it all depends what you want your tools for, if you only want them for D.I.Y use at home go for ryobi or black and decker or something in that ball park, but trade use , Makita, dewalt , milwaukee hitachi etc personally I,m a Makita guy but the rest are all top quality also

it all depends what you want your tools for, if you only want them for D.I.Y use at home go for ryobi or black and decker or something in that ball park, but trade use , Makita, dewalt , milwaukee hitachi etc personally I,m a Makita guy but the rest are all top quality also

I consider myself as a serious DIYr hence opting for the professional range of you like.

Plus I like my tools :)

I consider myself as a serious DIYr hence opting for the professional range of you like.

Plus I like my tools :)

yep ive had these about 8 years with 2 house extensions and various other diy bits and bobs they have done well its just a shame as the drills themselves are still going strong .

What has anyone else bought ? im looking at Makita again .