Mice!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, sam triple said:

Well that was a turn up went up the woods for less than 2 hours in windy conditions not expecting to get anything ended up with 8 last 3 one after the other in less than 10 min total for the woods 63 in 6 months 5 picked 3 couldn’t get too 

Brilliant.   It happens, blank balank balnk then an armful.

46 minutes ago, sam triple said:

A304DF93-E667-4AAE-ABA5-E027E5F263AA.jpeg

Great session 👏 👌 

On 04/12/2021 at 15:45, ratchers said:

Did go out with the air rifle and sat in the drizzle for a while until I came up with a cunning plan, I sat in the car covering one of the flip tops and just before dark a customer called, so not a wasted afternoon.

Wise decision,  and a warmer one 😄

23 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Just out of interest I had a look back to when I first started keeping a record of tree rats killed. That was May 2017.

To date I have eliminated 1152

Very impressive Sir.

2 hours ago, sam triple said:

Well that was a turn up went up the woods for less than 2 hours in windy conditions not expecting to get anything ended up with 8 last 3 one after the other in less than 10 min total for the woods 63 in 6 months 5 picked 3 couldn’t get too 

Amazing too.

Feeders replaced today to fit into estate routine, planning outings Thursday and Friday. Fingers crossed.

Edited by old man

Had a tree rat come to a feed table this afternoon but there was a big cock pheasant dominating the table and the tree rat was not going to try it's luck. It stood still for enough time for the AA S200 to speak and jumped forward and then turned sharp left in a tight circle tail in the air and disappeared into the bushes. It was a racking shot through the left shoulder and the way it rurned into the impact and tail erect I am certain of a solid hit.  A shot at a nearby target at the same distance 12 yards put the pellet spot on the dot, so I am going to log it in. These are tough little critters as I have said before. At that range I have known a pellet go straight through on a sideways shot.  This is the sixty sixth in our wood since 1st Sept and they keep coming.  My friend at the opposite end of the village reports intruders on his flip top as well so more to come there as well (18 to date in just five weeks).  They just keep coming.

Well, the word is getting around. I was out in a wood that I’ve been controlling for six months and I heard someone crunching on the leaves and heading my way. 8.00am and just getting light. I put my gun down and there were a couple of squirrels lying on the ground beneath the feeder. A lady came into view and stopped and looked at said squirrels then turned towards me and said in a loud voice hello are you there. I’m sitting under a bush behind a piece of camouflage netting. I said yes! 
She promptly stomps over to me through a bramble thicket and says I’ve come looking for you! I’ve got a wood with a squirrel problem but I’ve also seen Red Squirrels there too. 
Someone had told her I could help.

Well,  I went to see the land today and another 20 acres has been added to my permissions, new feeder making session this week. Looking forward to removing those greys and giving the Reds more space.

The access is a bit rough, but the knobbly tyres on the pick up and 4wd got me onto the site.. Fabulous bit of mixed woodland 

Edited by Fisheruk

3 hours ago, Rimfireboy said:

Had loads this autumn, they just keep coming....😁

29C7E7AD-1BFD-4D46-8C94-5E251FE0B164.jpeg

👍👍

16 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

Well, the word is getting around. I was out in a wood that I’ve been controlling for six months and I heard someone crunching on the leaves and heading my way. 8.00am and just getting light. I put my gun down and there were a couple of squirrels lying on the ground beneath the feeder. A lady came into view and stopped and looked at said squirrels then turned towards me and said in a loud voice hello are you there. I’m sitting under a bush behind a piece of camouflage netting. I said yes! 
She promptly stomps over to me through a bramble thicket and says I’ve come looking for you! I’ve got a wood with a squirrel problem but I’ve also seen Red Squirrels there too. 

Well,  I went to see the land today and another 20 acres has been added to my permissions, new feeder making session this week. Looking forward to removing those greys and giving the Reds more space.

The access is a bit rough, but the knobbly tyres on the pick up and 4wd got me onto the site.. Fabulous bit of mixed woodland 

Result well done 

2 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Jammy devil , well done . Keep knocking them over.

3 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Great news, especially as there's more reds 

16 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Well done, very pleased some have common sense oop north, too many here love the greys.

22 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Hey thats great, well done, bet you didn't know what she was gonna say.🤬