Few less crows

Cm76

I use full bodied flocked decoys- 8 to 12 seems to work for me ? I have a primrose crow caller..... but still lacking the skill to proeduce a convincing crow sound, although some crows pop by after hearing by duck with laryngitis call :lol: 

I have yet to use a magnet on crows as I like to pack light. 

Nice little bag for a couple of hours btw. 

Edited by Me matt
Reason for edit

Well done mate, a few less to worry about. 

I use about 18 full bodied decoys and make sure I put a few on top of hedges or on top of a gate post to simulate a sentry keeping watch. Keep a bit of space in between the decoys and leave a clear patch for them to have somewhere to want to land. I often lay a dead carrion or rook out with its wings fully spread and its beak in the ground as I found that ften draws a few more in to find out whats going on.   I think flappers and whirlies are a waste of time with corvids. A good pattern in the right place, good hide and keeping still until they are in range and you cant go far wrong. I have to admit that shooting corvids is IMO the best sport you can have.

Keep up the good work  

As a general rule use as many decoys as you can, myself and Browning123 have about 40 full bodied between us and then everything that's shot gets added to the pattern.

i also try and put a roof over the hide as I find this helps a lot, however the biggest thing by far especially with carrions is to keep as still as you can until there in range, if you move before there in range they'll spot you and won't come near for the rest of the session...

i also have a primos caller which I find can be every effective...

hope this helps

Tedly

ps, I shoot most of my crows with a .410 so I've learnt the art of being still!!!

1 hour ago, Tedly47 said:

As a general rule use as many decoys as you can, myself and Browning123 have about 40 full bodied between us and then everything that's shot gets added to the pattern.

i also try and put a roof over the hide as I find this helps a lot, however the biggest thing by far especially with carrions is to keep as still as you can until there in range, if you move before there in range they'll spot you and won't come near for the rest of the session...

i also have a primos caller which I find can be every effective...

hope this helps

Tedly

ps, I shoot most of my crows with a .410 so I've learnt the art of being still!!!

You did'nt mention the 95 yard carrion crow you shot!

• 1 month later...