• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Excellent guns well come to the club .

Be prepared for it to become your main gun .And the selling of your12 bores 

32 minutes ago, getthegat said:

Better pattern than my Investerarm. Good luck with the new purchase.

Thank you gents. The pattern is better than I thought, even though there is a few gaps in it, it is almost as good as the 12 at the same range. I think some Italian shells will be better still when I can find some.

Putting the pattern on target is going to be the tricky bit. The gun shoots roughly 6 inches low at 35 yd, which Yickdaz did tell me about. Bit of practice needed!

Could well be on the pigeons one afternoon this week so will keep you all posted.:good:

Edited by aga man

On 03/12/2017 at 22:39, aga man said:

Thank you gents. The pattern is better than I thought, even though there is a few gaps in it, it is almost as good as the 12 at the same range. I think some Italian shells will be better still when I can find some.

Putting the pattern on target is going to be the tricky bit. The gun shoots roughly 6 inches low at 35 yd, which Yickdaz did tell me about. Bit of practice needed!

Could well be on the pigeons one afternoon this week so will keep you all posted.:good:

I found the Eley hushpower 7.5 patterned better than hull and roughly the same price. 

The hush pump I tried had a a glow bead on the barrel behind the mod which put you on the bird at 35yrds

9 minutes ago, maxwell said:

I found the Eley hushpower 7.5 patterned better than hull and roughly the same price. 

The hush pump I tried had a a glow bead on the barrel behind the mod which put you on the bird at 35yrds

Thanks for that Fella, I will look out for those shells and consider the red bead thing. Just need to get work off back at the minute so that I can get out and try to shoot a few pigeons with it.

38 minutes ago, aga man said:

Thanks for that Fella, I will look out for those shells and consider the red bead thing. Just need to get work off back at the minute so that I can get out and try to shoot a few pigeons with it.

38 minutes ago, aga man said:

Talking of which, the offer for tomorrow is still on if you have had enough of Agas for a while.

2 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Having shot mine now for 3 years and my mates longer than that. 

I would reccomend against a no7.5  shot cart .they struggle much  past 30 yds 

I prefer a European  no6 (English no5.5 ) 

Or an English no5 (gamebore) for crows .

They do run out of energy fast further than 35yrds but Arga man did say mostly for over the decoys which the 7.5's are perfect and @£63/250 not bad for 20 bore hush shells.

i do agree that if shooting crows or high birds then a heavier shell is more suited 

been an interesting read this fellas, as somebody who keeps getting told his hearing is getting worse by the occupational health at work, if I ever get around to getting a sgc think this is the way I will go.

as for the look of the gun looks kind of like a pcp ish.

?? 

13 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Having shot mine now for 3 years and my mates longer than that. 

I would reccomend against a no7.5  shot cart .they struggle much  past 30 yds 

I prefer a European  no6 (English no5.5 ) 

Or an English no5 (gamebore) for crows .

Since when do 7.5s struggle much past 30 yards? If that was the case, I would never use them.

37 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

In a ported hush power. 

Not a normal barrel 

The muzzle velocities of carts  are reduced from around  1300 to .1100 ish 

Not too much of an issue with no6 and no5 .but not so  great for. 7.5 s

Any official data to back that up?

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 20:00, Ultrastu said:

Excellent guns well come to the club .

Be prepared for it to become your main gun .And the selling of your12 bores 

a more logical thing to do is put it in the cabinet along side your other guns and it can used as and when needed

I've chronoed some carts when I first got it. .And they were around the 1100 -1200 fps area. It's pretty tricky getting a  quality reading from a shot gun .as the blast of air  infront of the shot can often trick the chrono into giving higher readings than the shot is going. 

Or the chrono fails completely to give a reading .

But suffice to say I dont have a non ported barrel to compare with my ported one .so can only take the manufacturers claimed cart speeds as being correct. 

My tests were far from exhaustive .so if anyone can add more data to add to the mix it would be appreciated. The barrel on the mossys are ported from just inside the moderator. So effectivley making the barrel shorter (ie the pressure suddenly drops behind the shot as it goes down the barrel ) 

To about 18 inches. 

This must have an effect on the shot velocity from the muzzle. ? 

3 hours ago, motty said:

Any official data to back that up?

I doubt hushpower .Would get as many sales if they advertised the down sides to their designes as well as the positives?