Only one rimfire??????

Buck100

Hi all, i applied for three .22 rimfires  on my fac but my feo said that i should put down for one initially, then go for a variation.

I thought that was a bit unusual but ok i'll go along with that.  Now i've got a bolt action rimfire i applied for a variation for a semi auto. My feo came to see me and wanted to know why i need another .22  rifle and said i'd have to justify the use for it. 

I've told my fellow club members and the secretary this and they are as confused as me, has this happened to any of you good people and is the feo being a "jobsworth"? :unhappy:

The way the law stands, I'm afraid that your FEO is right.  It's for the applicant to state good reason for each firearm applied for.  I don't think that he's being unreasonable. 

I remember wanting an under lever and applied for one as a small lightweight one for off-hand woodland shooting, my bolt actions for bipod shooting of rabbits and (back before I had any sense), an HMR for longer shots, and then a WMR single shot for fox and target. I got them all.  If you can't state a good reason, they will not oblige you.

What disciplines do you shoot at the club?

explain to him why the 3 rifles need to be different to allow you to be competitive in 3 different types of shooting.  

He is correct the onus is on you to justify them all just maybe not been helpful in explaining why and how. 

Edited by welshwarrior

4 hours ago, Savhmr said:

The way the law stands, I'm afraid that your FEO is right.  It's for the applicant to state good reason for each firearm applied for.  I don't think that he's being unreasonable. 

I remember wanting an under lever and applied for one as a small lightweight one for off-hand woodland shooting, my bolt actions for bipod shooting of rabbits and (back before I had any sense), an HMR for longer shots, and then a WMR single shot for fox and target. I got them all.  If you can't state a good reason, they will not oblige you.

4 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

What disciplines do you shoot at the club?

explain to him why the 3 rifles need to be different to allow you to be competitive in 3 different types of shooting.  

He is correct the onus is on you to justify them all just maybe not been helpful in explaining why and how. 

That's about the size of it, I struggle to understand why your Club members/secretary are confused!

YOU need to justify every gun/calibre!  If you only use the rifles at a gun club you will need GOOD reason why you want additional in the same calibre, night vision may be tricky!  At one stage I did run 3 x .22LR, but had a good reason which will not apply to you, I'm down to 2 at the moment, but that's all I want!

:good:

Edited by Dekers

Egsamples of diciplines

1x underlever for antique unscoped

1x benchrest for ukbr22

1x sako for standing scoped

1x target rifle for prone open sight

1x FAC air ...you cannot have this as there are not any reason..no fac air target diciplines.

The disaplines above require a difrant type of rifle for each 

I dropped in the Police HQ today and spoke to a member of the firearms department re my variation progress and he told me that it had been processed waiting for authorisation with the two .22lr rifles that i had put in for. Maybe the FEO had a change of heart and okayed them.

Anyway, just got to wait in the queue now, was told maybe a week or two.   

Happy days. :)