Side by Side Club

AYA117

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

The gun is probably only worth about £100 not worth spending £70 on the chokes 🤣

Yup, that's what both dealers said, and regardless of what you spend, it'll always be a £100 gun.

I spend to enjoy my gun and shooting, if I like something and it makes it more fun the cost is almost irrelevant, and taken over the life of the useage probably is. I'll never sell it anyway, it's too much fun.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Centrepin said:

Yup, that's what both dealers said, and regardless of what you spend, it'll always be a £100 gun.

I spend to enjoy my gun and shooting, if I like something and it makes it more fun the cost is almost irrelevant, and taken over the life of the useage probably is. I'll never sell it anyway, it's too much fun.

Way to go. :good:

I feel so sorry for the folk who really like something but won't take a punt because whatever it is is not currently de rigeuer and its resale value is minimal.

22 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Way to go. :good:

I feel so sorry for the folk who really like something but won't take a punt because whatever it is is not currently de rigeuer and its resale value is minimal.

Sod the resale, live for the moment and enjoy what you do to the full.

What's £70 for both barrels, slab and a half of average, or slab of good.

It cost me £72 yesterday just in clays, and I never consider the diesel, food drink, cartridges. No wonder they say good morning Mr when I walk in and text me the opening times over xmas.😁😁

It has been my long held belief , that a mono wad will give the affect of up to a 1/4  choke extra as to the same fiber wad load , so this combined fiber wad with smaller shot will help lessen the affect of that choke  . Using a  mono wad load and heavier shot to increase the striking impact will give the effect that the choke is tighter than it is . Tests on a pattern plate have shown that a mono wad will give the effect of a tighter choke at close range  say 20/25 yards compared to the same load with a fiber wad . Or about 7 paces closer or further away .

1 minute ago, figgy said:

What's the distinction between them, I'd be glad to know. Thought they were the same thing.

Prince of Wales is like a half (semi) pistol grip, but the bottom is not radiused it is finished flat almost like a full pistol grip.

3 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

It’ll probably be having some more work done on the stock 

bit of a project 

what else do you notice about it? 

call it a Xmas party game 🤗😊

Square Greener style cross bolt?