Cartridge Problem.

Been having a problem with Lyalvale Express Sporting 28g 8s fibre of late, after firing have found the cartridge would not eject and was twisted/bent and needed knocking out, this happened when using the ol Russian Purdy so l turned the ejectors off and it still occurred.

Today using the Rizzini it happened again and in one instance the primer also ejected after firing.

Will be knocking on my supplies door on Tuesday for an explanation but am wondering if anyone else has been having problems with this product.

I had the same problem with Lyalvale cartridges a few years ago, have not bought Lyalvale cartridges since and had no problem with other makes of cartridge or my home loads. I just put it down to my chambers being a bit tight, my gunsmith confirm my thinking and said it was not un common even on expensive guns.

There are a lot of poor cases around at the moment with very thin metal on them, a friend has sent his not very old clay gun away to get new ejectors that are tighter fitted as some makes of carts were dropping under it. The gunsmiths said they are hearing of taller brass carts swelling on firing and not ejecting due to poor steel bases.

Cart manufacturers going to far in the cost cutting while charging us all more.

7 hours ago, figgy said:

There are a lot of poor cases around at the moment with very thin metal on them, a friend has sent his not very old clay gun away to get new ejectors that are tighter fitted as some makes of carts were dropping under it. The gunsmiths said they are hearing of taller brass carts swelling on firing and not ejecting due to poor steel bases.

Cart manufacturers going to far in the cost cutting while charging us all more.

There is some poor cases about these days, loading 20s for pigeons many are technicaly gone on the crimp folds from the start you strugle to get even one load, and some fail in the pre crimp before getting near the final crimp, you can often see where they are\  pin holed where the original fold edge was i will dig some out post some pictures of what i mean at some point. I am buying new hulls these days if i find any i think are cheap enough.

I’ve found Lyevale Express rubbish, previously had similar with a primer coming out of the cartridge and jamming the action of my semi auto stopped my shooting, I had to borrow a friends gun to finish the round. 

Also I shot them again recently and it was confetti coming out the end of my barrels, wad breaking up into loads of pieces, which obscured your view of the second clay! 

Now the clay ground states you have to use their cartridges, although I know others who don’t akways so we shall see as id prefer to get some myself that aren’t ****! 

10 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I’ve found Lyevale Express rubbish, previously had similar with a primer coming out of the cartridge and jamming the action of my semi auto stopped my shooting, I had to borrow a friends gun to finish the round. 

Also I shot them again recently and it was confetti coming out the end of my barrels, wad breaking up into loads of pieces, which obscured your view of the second clay! 

Now the clay ground states you have to use their cartridges, although I know others who don’t akways so we shall see as id prefer to get some myself that aren’t ****! 

Which ground is that? I've never suffered from that before and wouldn't shoot there!

27 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Which ground is that? I've never suffered from that before and wouldn't shoot there!

Mendip shooting ground, they have w nice setup and all different types of clay setups, they’ve said it’s in a ‘conservation area’ and that means they apparently have to use ‘approved carteidges’. 

Regardless I've been down and seen lads using their own carts so not sure if it’s just something they have to say? 

Guest cookoff013

Thats really funny. 

its not even April 1st.

How can they inforce that you use there cartridges only? the cartridge police?

13 hours ago, oowee said:

They have a planning permission limit on the volume control. By specifying the shells the noise level is constant rather than up and down so more acceptable? Not sure I believe it too much but it's a nice ground. 

Ah yes something along those lines, although when I went recently with your travelling companion and his relatives they were using white golds and when they paid said “just the carts used our own carts”, so I asked the bloke recently and he told me again that your supposed to use their carts?!

2 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Sounds more like they want you to buy their cartridges.

If they were truly worried about sound, they would insist everyone was on trainer loads, as I find lyavale express one of the louder shells.

I shot them this weekend they were terrible! Like confetti coming form the gun on the first shot, which didn’t help picking up the second clay. 

Might have to start going elsewhere  if I can’t use my own carts.