Sign in to follow this  
lord_seagrave

2019 Chilli Growing thread

I have just got my seeds through. I have a propagator on the kitchen window sill ready to go, But looking and reading through this thread I may be a little late getting them in the dirt. 

I've gone for reapers as I have balls of British steel.....well I don't really never have much above a jalfrezi in an indian heat wise. 

Aparently they are slow growing and may not even fruit but I thought it was worth a rattle, Am I too late to plant?

54 minutes ago, fatchap said:

I have just got my seeds through. I have a propagator on the kitchen window sill ready to go, But looking and reading through this thread I may be a little late getting them in the dirt. 

I've gone for reapers as I have balls of British steel.....well I don't really never have much above a jalfrezi in an indian heat wise. 

Aparently they are slow growing and may not even fruit but I thought it was worth a rattle, Am I too late to plant?

Not too late although i think sooner the better to get them going.

With our weather up here sometimes the seasons beat us before getting the best our of some varieties and as you say some of the hot ones take as age.

Pretty sure you will still get plenty fruit but maybe better choosing a variety small enough that you can have on the sunny cills in the house.

All outside now and hopefully the decent weather carries on and get a crop like last season.

jwG1OHB.jpg

SCOwZUc.jpg

woKvuV2.jpg

Vt2sLlu.jpg

cAROU6O.jpg

Any of you chilli fans tried the Carolina reaper and the dragon's breath chilli grown here in UK? 

A new one the pepper X from USA is now the hottest at 3.18 million scovilles.  Watched some videos of chilli eating contests in the UK. No thanks I couldn't do it.

I can just about manage a nibble as a dare, but that's about it. Insanely hot and not really fit for human consumption, except where very heavily diluted.

After Habanero and maybe Naga there's no real flavour, just heat and it's a willy waving contest

First year Chilli growing virgin - just been downt greenhouse and my Cherry Bomb and Habanero's have flowers growing - well chuffed, nothing yet from my Bell Peppers though.

Big plant with the big fruit came from Lord Seagrove, the other with lots of small flowers and fruit is Twilight.

5C5AF3CC-47B3-47D2-B5B7-B755E04F890C.jpeg

F0C81B35-B611-421E-A5FD-66125D6F7285.jpeg

D164D391-DEE5-4F97-A26A-410689E4235D.jpeg

I planted a few at the end of May! Was away earliner in the year and couldn't start them off. Hopefully will still get a crop this year, and don't need many anyway...

So, Hand's up, might seem a daft question, but when I'm in the Greenhouse (with around 30 Chilli plants growing) my throat starts to burn? Am I imagining it or is it normal? + what do you use to keep bugs off?