Ooops ...Having a break

team tractor

As a few on here know by now , I had a little slip on my staircase at home this week 😞 

i make stairs for a living and work on them 50% off the time. I regularly jump across joists etc as it’s part of the job but I guess I let my guard down on my own house. 

My metatarsal has snapped in the worse part but I’m sure it’ll be ok in a few months. My wedding is in 3 months and I’m already in the bad books.

the lesson I’ve learned is stop rushing to work .  I’ve lost 4 hours in hospital I’ve had to catch up on . 

8D55F6D2-E01E-407A-877F-30655E2CFEFE.jpeg

Edited by team tractor

10 minutes ago, team tractor said:

make stairs for a living and work on them 50% off the time. I regularly jump across joists etc as it’s part of the job but I guess I let my guard down on my own house. 

We shouldn't laugh but..... It's always the same we do different things at home, i was up a big sycamore last two weekends doing some severe pruning, 30-40ft up using a 1 tonne sling to attach myself, wife wasn't happy but its looking good, no chance of me doing something like that at work.

7 minutes ago, figgy said:

You are very accident prone. I do hope your future intended is a paramedic, if not she best enrol in a course.

Sure you be fine for your big day.

I’ve thought about retraining as one to be honest. I like the idea of helping people and think it would be rewarding. 

Told her her I can walk the isle on sticks lol

Don't think you are going to make it through the year without another regular post of whats broke,this is getting more common than one of Ditchys craft making posts,hope you mend soon and good luck for big day.

I lost 4 weeks last year,stepped off a deck I just built and ripped ligaments off my foot to the extent that it moved back and forth,foot up for a month waiting for it to reattach and I lost a stone in weight,just shows how well customers look after me with cake and biscuits 

3 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I’ve thought about retraining as one to be honest. I like the idea of helping people and think it would be rewarding. 

Told her her I can walk the isle on sticks lol

You have broken several parts of your body T T , but don't break your spirit , keep your chin up and put all your mishaps behind you .

GOOD LUCK for the big day .

1 minute ago, vampire said:

Don't think you are going to make it through the year without another regular post of whats broke,this is getting more common than one of Ditchys craft making posts,hope you mend soon and good luck for big day.

I lost 4 weeks last year,stepped off a deck I just built and ripped ligaments off my foot to the extent that it moved back and forth,foot up for a month waiting for it to reattach and I lost a stone in weight,just shows how well customers look after me with cake and biscuits 

I was in 4 hours later and ruined the cast . That’s why I’ve a boot on now as they know what I’m like lol. Maybe I’m pushing my luck but as you’ll know , the banks don’t care. 

Ligaments are a lot worse than bones so I hope it all recovered for you ? 

Any advice how to get cake out of customers lol

1 minute ago, marsh man said:

You have broken several parts of your body T T , but don't break your spirit , keep your chin up and put all your mishaps behind you .

GOOD LUCK for the big day .

As my late friend always used to say  

“ You’ve got to laugh at life “ 

My spirit is high as I’m marrying my best friend, she’s wonderful :) 

cheers 👍

1 minute ago, team tractor said:

I was in 4 hours later and ruined the cast . That’s why I’ve a boot on now as they know what I’m like lol. Maybe I’m pushing my luck but as you’ll know , the banks don’t care. 

Ligaments are a lot worse than bones so I hope it all recovered for you ? 

Any advice how to get cake out of customers lol

I was out the Saturday night after I did it,doctor went nuts on the Monday and said it would not reattach properly and to stay off for 6 weeks,i did 4 weeks,it still is not right and have to take it slow on stairs etc,doc said it might be a year or more before its right.

Cakes/biscuits out of customers is easy,kettle on as soon as I walk in followed by biscuit tin and what ever they baked for me😀

1 minute ago, Dougy said:

TT,

Sell your house and buy a bungalow, and while your at it forget the idea of walking you just havnt managed to grasp it.😉

Chill out and let the lads do the grafting, get yourself a decent wheelchair and travel round in that for a while. 😊

I always cherish your comments dougy ;). The lads are cracking on a treat chucking the bits about but I’m back at the bench marking out . 

Ill never master walking ;) . I’m ok to drive at least tho in my auto so I’m up to see rob tomorrow at the range 

5 minutes ago, vampire said:

I was out the Saturday night after I did it,doctor went nuts on the Monday and said it would not reattach properly and to stay off for 6 weeks,i did 4 weeks,it still is not right and have to take it slow on stairs etc,doc said it might be a year or more before its right.

Cakes/biscuits out of customers is easy,kettle on as soon as I walk in followed by biscuit tin and what ever they baked for me😀

I need to teach mine to bake 😂 

I used to work with a chap who was very accident prone like your good self .

When I first started work on the estate I went and helped someone like you who's living also involved wood , although instead of making stair cases this chap cut down the bare ingredients as a woodman .

When I first met him he had most of the top of his fingers missing and most of the time had some plasters or bandages on his hand and at times other parts of his body .

One of our first jobs was pulling tree trunks out of the woods after another team had felled them and removed the branches , the tractor he had would had been a health and safety nightmare , no roll bars , no guard on the winch and the winching cable looked like it was well due for the scrap yard.

With me being young and willing to have a go at anything he let me have a go a winching a trunk out , everything was going fine until the end of the trunk I was pulling out came in contact with a standing tree , after a bit of croaking and groning the back spades on the tractor went in a bit deeper and the front wheels started to lift off the ground , I didn't have a clue how to stop it or anything else come to that to do with forestry work , anyhow after a slight bit of panic I pushed the lever out of gear while the tractor was by then more than a foot off the ground , all sorted

Another one of his jobs was taking the tractor and saw bench than ran off the p t o arm , this had no guard or any other safety devise and I believe this was how he decreased the size of his fingers over a period of time .

We were out in the sticks and every time you heard a siren from a ambulance you used to say to ever you were working with , I bet it's going to pick up some more pieces of Eric's hands , and nine times out of ten , it was:lol: 

Keep it up Nath and youl be a candidate for robo-Joiner ,left hand by Black n Decker ,right hand by Makita .Slow down youve got  a big day coming up with a lovely lady and she dont want to be pushing you down the aisle in a chair.

Walkings for sissies as Steven Hawking wouldve told you ,a nice electric chair fitted with a cattle prod to jildy your workers along will help you heal a bit quicker and make your day more enjoyable atb and take care

4 hours ago, clakk said:

Keep it up Nath and youl be a candidate for robo-Joiner ,left hand by Black n Decker ,right hand by Makita .Slow down youve got  a big day coming up with a lovely lady and she dont want to be pushing you down the aisle in a chair.

Walkings for sissies as Steven Hawking wouldve told you ,a nice electric chair fitted with a cattle prod to jildy your workers along will help you heal a bit quicker and make your day more enjoyable atb and take care

I guess I could have a trailer on my chair ;) I’d get more done lol. 

Ive tried slowing down but my pocket says no. I wish I had big bills I could cut in half but I’ve just got to keep going mate. 

I’m past excited for my big day and that’s a bit of the problem, I want a week off . 

Hope all is well you end :) and don’t forget I’ve moved towards Ventura if your passing 

4 hours ago, marsh man said:

I used to work with a chap who was very accident prone like your good self .

When I first started work on the estate I went and helped someone like you who's living also involved wood , although instead of making stair cases this chap cut down the bare ingredients as a woodman .

When I first met him he had most of the top of his fingers missing and most of the time had some plasters or bandages on his hand and at times other parts of his body .

One of our first jobs was pulling tree trunks out of the woods after another team had felled them and removed the branches , the tractor he had would had been a health and safety nightmare , no roll bars , no guard on the winch and the winching cable looked like it was well due for the scrap yard.

With me being young and willing to have a go at anything he let me have a go a winching a trunk out , everything was going fine until the end of the trunk I was pulling out came in contact with a standing tree , after a bit of croaking and groning the back spades on the tractor went in a bit deeper and the front wheels started to lift off the ground , I didn't have a clue how to stop it or anything else come to that to do with forestry work , anyhow after a slight bit of panic I pushed the lever out of gear while the tractor was by then more than a foot off the ground , all sorted

Another one of his jobs was taking the tractor and saw bench than ran off the p t o arm , this had no guard or any other safety devise and I believe this was how he decreased the size of his fingers over a period of time .

We were out in the sticks and every time you heard a siren from a ambulance you used to say to ever you were working with , I bet it's going to pick up some more pieces of Eric's hands , and nine times out of ten , it was:lol: 

I’ve met worse than me ;) just about lol. I know about 5 people with fingers missing from our trade so I guess I’m lucky having mine put back together. 

Pto on tractors scare me, theirs some power just there in those things. Wood chippers too :/ 

39 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

When I think of how many times I’ve stood near you I can only count myself lucky to have never been caught up in collateral damage! You are a black cat, riding an albatross, under a ladder, smashing mirrors as you go!

i hope you’re not using all my taxes on your NHS treatments!

I’m just keeping the nhs in practice for you in future. 

I have 2 black cats 😂 maybe that’s the problem dude. You’ve seen the amount of work we have to do each day so I guess it’s going to catch up with me. 

Ps you’re very lucky to stand by me ;) everyone loves a Nath 😀