Carbon and cows

islandgun

I noticed a short piece on the news the other day, about the benefits of spreading manure.. a bit of research later revealed the following...... "Manure and compost increases soil productivity and the formation of stable carbon that can remain in the soil for decades. One application of compost increased the soil carbon content continually, at a rate comparable to removing 1.5 metric tons of carbon from the atmosphere each year " .. my interest is in response to claims being made by vegans blaming livestock for global warming.. further [if your still reading] The production of soy is responsible for huge areas of rainforest removal, notably in Brazil. Two more reasons for removing vegans if we want to save the planet..😉

Since there isn't one single shred of real scientific proof that the fractional increase in the miniscule amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is responsible for climate change, the whole thing is a waste of effort.

Instead of making a public nuisance of themselves, prancing around wailing about CO2 or cow exhaust gases, the climate hysterics should be working out what if anything we need to be doing to cope with the entirely natural cyclical change in the climate. Reducing the birthrate would be a good starting point.

Buckle up folks, our home planet is going to get a good bit warmer over the next 200 years as it follows the repeating pattern of warming & cooling of the last 10,000 years. (The cyclical nature of the climate doesn't fit the agenda of left wing front loaded organisations like the IPCC or the IEA GHG project so is deliberately kept concealed from the public)

15 hours ago, McSpredder said:

Ask any pseudo-environmentalist whether it would be beneficial to reduce numbers of bovines.    If they say yes there ought to be a cull, tell them you had in mind the wildebeest of the Serengeti, and see whether they suddenly have a change of heart.

👍

Couped up on a plane with that ....... i,d rather set light to my own nose hairs ,odious cretin .Happy to vastly increase his own carbon footprint and damage the ozone for a 5 figure sum.A prime example of a hypocrite 

Thought some might be interested in Packams views concerning veganism and why he is going to be one [soon] 

https://www.bigissue.com/latest/food/chris-packham-heres-why-im-going-vegan/

I still dont get why, as animal lovers, vegans would sign the death penalty on all farm animals from hens to cows, do they really assume that farmers will carry on tending to livestock without receiving financial reward, or that the animals will be set free to roam happily amongst us, Or that the essential role that livestock plays in bird conservation/land management,  i.e grazing the sward to the correct height for waders to nest [some waders nest in the hoof prints left by cattle] will be undertaken by a hoard of volunteers,  Perhaps they are happy that we will have vast tracts of monoculture bean growing to feed the multitude of gas emitting vegans

The agricultural/ countryside orgs should be all over this..:mad: