Guess what I pick up on Saturday?!

Wookie

Well, I'll tell you...

It's a brand new Beretta Urika 2 courtesy of those nice folks at Sporting Shooter and the other nice folks at GMK!

I entered the July competition (as I do every month) and got a call the other week saying I had won the Urika 2. To say I am chuffed is a bit of an understatement. I am thrilled! Not only do I get to own a Beretta, but it's a hardcore beast of a shotgun and perfect for everything I want to do with a 12b.

Pictures will be going up as soon as I have it in my sticky mitts, but until then, I'm going to just go dream of it!

I can confirm he's been on about it non stop for the last week, and rightly so tbh :lol: i would as well if someone had given me a grands worth of gun for nothing :good:

Obviously I'll reserve judgement until I'm allowed a play with it ;-)

Si

Heh! And play with it you shall. Now, should I bother with a name, or simply call it "my precious"?

All I need now is my written permission to shoot to arrive on my doorstep and the tiling to be magically complete. need to mention now that tiling is now the second thing of my list of things I am **** at. Right there after plastering...

congrats! you have obtain a really fine piece of equipment. i am sure that you will enjoy it. as you probably know it comes with shims for adjusting the drop and two recoil pads. you can use these to get your gun to custom fit you better. they are useful. i dropped my stock on my urika synthetic and my shooting improved markedly.

anyhow, in my humble opinion, you have the best semi available on the market today.

Calamity! They have no stock at GMK and it looks like I will have to wait until November to get one unless I can find one somewhere else. A good point though... If I have to go for something of equivilent value, what shjould I go for?

Total ****** and, whilst it is not anyone's fault, I'm feeling miffed.

All sorted! Emma at GMK made some calls and located one for me within lunchtime driving distance. I get to collect it today!!!

Now for the Oscar-style roll of honour: Thanks to Sporting Shooter for pulling my name out of the hat, Emma and GMK for sorting things out, Cambridgeshire police for granting me my SGC and the guys at work and PW for being so supportive in my time of crisis.

Decroyffe. That's a bit worrying. Do you know a fit chick called Emma that has Beretta-fixation or something?

Anyway, back to the gun... It's ace. Even more lovely in the flesh than on a picture. Can't wait to get home now. Shame I blew an hour and a half of flexi driving to get it!

• 4 weeks later...
Well, I'll tell you...

It's a brand new Beretta Urika 2 courtesy of those nice folks at Sporting Shooter and the other nice folks at GMK!

I entered the July competition (as I do every month) and got a call the other week saying I had won the Urika 2. To say I am chuffed is a bit of an understatement. I am thrilled! Not only do I get to own a Beretta, but it's a hardcore beast of a shotgun and perfect for everything I want to do with a 12b.

Pictures will be going up as soon as I have it in my sticky mitts, but until then, I'm going to just go dream of it!

As they say on Monty Python!!

You Lucky *******!!!