scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Tory sycophants living the tory country dream. Little do they know, but their sleepy valley (nicknamed the valley of death by ambulance crews as it's beyond help) is breeding an undercurrent of anti moggyness. 

Not just high tech but all high skill industries most of which rely upon seamless skill transfer across borders with schooling and health care. Spain is now offering tax incentives for returning high skilled workers. A lack of border porosity is a huge issue for the UK. 

Out of the more than 3 million who turned up here, how many were highly skilled?  As a percentage? 

45 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Agreed, we had two Spaniards leave, one went home another elsewhere.

Pizza delivery guys?

gauke1.jpg?resize=540%2C308&ssl=1

Guido has had sight of the petition with the requisite 50 members of the South West Hertfordshire Conservative Association amassed to force a confidence vote in David Gauke. The group’s leaders met with Gauke over the weekend, hoping to change his mind on ruling out No Deal, instead they came away resigned to the conclusion that Gauke “will never be in favour of anything other than a Customs Union.” They are reluctantly proceeding with their deselection push…

268Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)268

Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)

Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)

Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)

Click to print (Opens in new window)

The third in 10days.....the dominoes are starting to fall.

Source Guido Fawkes

2 hours ago, oowee said:

:good:Kick out Moggy. Not going to happen here. I was next to his place this morning, everyone loves him 😞. Lib Dems are my only hope 🙂 Just waiting for my postal vote for the locals. 

I think your right. 

It's miserable weather here so can't get out and I have to spend some time on the pension planning so my day is carp all round. Not much happening full stop hoping for a weather window towards 1900 and I can try for some deer. 

losing.jpg?resize=540%2C308&ssl=1A new ComRes poll for the Telegraph has revealed that support for both major parties has collapsed down to Cameron/Miliband levels, at 32% apiece, a whole ten points below what the Tories achieved in the General Election. It’s not just bad news for the Tories and Labour, the Lib Dems have slipped down to fifth place, polling behind both Gerard Batten’s UKIP and Chuka Umunna’s ‘Change UK’. There aren’t any winners here…

Looks like the Limp/Dumbs will really need your support !

Source Guido Fawkes

13 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Is this the truth? 

Fine with this until the "it's time we taught them a lesson" - the usual heckling and rhetoric which set the scene for tarnishing our reputation with our European brethren way before the referendum.

PS - what's with the pint of beer 😛 

8 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Thanks for this, your highly reasoned and enlightening contributions had been sorely missed.

I,m sure they were!

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Fine with this until the "it's time we taught them a lesson" - the usual heckling and rhetoric which set the scene for tarnishing our reputation with our European brethren way before the referendum.

PS - what's with the pint of beer 😛 

In the EU Parliament, he gave as good as he got! Please don,t infer it was a one way traffic. Anyone who has watched the televised debates know this is not the case!

10 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Thanks for this, your highly reasoned and enlightening contributions had been sorely missed.

What percentage of "highly skilled" workers  amongst the 3 million people who turned up here?

4 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

In the EU Parliament, he gave as good as he got! Please don,t infer it was a one way traffic. Anyone who has watched the televised debates know this is not the case!

Yes, I vividly remember him stating that Belgian is "a non country".

What percentage of "highly skilled" workers  amongst the 3 million people who turned up here?

Dunno, do your own homework - if the answer you find doesn't suit your agenda then you can just dismiss it (as per usual). I was referring to an experience in my work environment and was not implying anything else either directly or indirectly. Don't really understand why you are asking me the question TBH...

22 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

🙄:lol: You would never get any of the head honchos in the EU using that kind of language would you ?  
You know like 'Place in hell' 'You will suffer' or 'You will be punished'

26 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

PS - what's with the pint of beer

I believe, like his pig tie, he is having a light hearted dig at his haters. People like you.

Just now, Rewulf said:

🙄:lol: You would never get any of the head honchos in the EU using that kind of language would you ?  
You know like 'Place in hell' 'You will suffer' or 'You will be punished'

Two wrongs and all that. They don't represent me, he supposedly does. 

I believe, like his pig tie, he is having a light hearted dig at his haters. People like you.

Obviously lost on me. I dislike him for what he says and, since the referendum, what he hasn't done - nothing personal.

15 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Two wrongs and all that.

Weak argument.

15 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

They don't represent me, he supposedly does. 

Weak again, they do represent you, you are a proud EU citizen ? Those 3 quotes came from the president, the head of council and head of parliament.
I could give you a multitude of quotes with derogatory language from the EU.

18 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Obviously lost on me. I dislike him for what he says and, since the referendum, what he hasn't done - nothing personal.

What was he supposed to do ?

He did his job of getting us a vote, he probably believed, like the majority of the people of the UK , and as told to us by our government, that whatever transpired with that vote, would happen.
Well it didnt , because we have a majority of MPs who dont think thats what we really want !
So hes come back to try and salvage whats left of our democracy , and pride.
Im pretty sure he didnt want to have to do that, but he is.

And yes ,they do need teaching a lesson, and they will get one, at the earliest opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Weak argument.

I'm not looking for an argument.

Weak again, they do represent you, you are a proud EU citizen ? Those 3 quotes came from the president, the head of council and head of parliament.
I could give you a multitude of quotes with derogatory language from the EU.

I don't consider myself European even on a global scale, English within the UK and British any wider afield. I think Tusk said it about right with the special place in hell comment (if I believed in hell). It's not the same thing though is it, Farage is an MEP representing us in the EU. The heads of the EU are surely only representing me / us when engaged in the wider context outside of the EU, which I suspect is not very often if at all.

What was he supposed to do ?

He did his job of getting us a vote, he probably believed, like the majority of the people of the UK , and as told to us by our government, that whatever transpired with that vote, would happen.
Well it didnt , because we have a majority of MPs who dont think thats what we really want !
So hes come back to try and salvage whats left of our democracy , and pride.
Im pretty sure he didnt want to have to do that, but he is.

Let's see what he does / achieves, happy to be proved wrong about him.

And yes ,they do need teaching a lesson, and they will get one, at the earliest opportunity.

Bit deluded if you were to ask me. I'd be quite happy to see him blocked from taking his MEP seat and frankly wouldn't care if that's seen as undemocratic or not.

Well our national humiliation continues unabated, who would have thought the head of our Government, the prime minister of the United Kingdom would accept the indignity of going cap in hand to the EU to beg them (for a second time) to give our politicians more time to make a decision! Of course they will give us nothing that does not 100% favour the EU! And I suspect any delay they are prepared to give us will cost us plenty!................ From the start the EU have given us nothing, rather they have told us the terms of Brexit, and we could, take it or leave it!, they have even told us the final cost they demand we pay, on our leaving the EU.....and only if we comply with all their demands ........they might talk to us about a trade agreement!

How more times will May and Westminster rub the U.K. Populations nose in the fact they have, on our behalf, capitulated to the will of the EU and surrendered our countries interests to them?.......Mays fine words such as "Brexit means Brexit" and "no deal is better than a bad deal" proved to be lies, now all we are getting from Westminster is stalling, illusion, distraction and prevarication!....in the process of consigning Brexit (and democracy) to the dustbin of history.

The only way we were going to get the Brexit people voted for was to just walk away....we didn't because our politicians wouldn't let us! as soon as a pro EU Westminster became involved, Brexit in an acceptable form (acceptable to the people) was never going to happen! 

Robin Tillbrook a solicitor from Essex and the leader of the English democrats party has filed legal action against the govt in the high court.

The govt have been served and solicitors are awaiting the govt response.

Sir Richard Aikens an ex court of appeal Judge read the evidence and stated the court should test this case against the govt as the extension may well be illegal.

There is also an impending critical skills shortage as high tech industry relies heavily on resources from Europe - even if we say we'll keep the borders open to these people they have interpreted Brexit to mean they are not really welcome here.

I presume the many millions of potential workers have given you their opinion or is this just another "fact" plucked from thin air?

28 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Bit deluded if you were to ask me. I'd be quite happy to see him blocked from taking his MEP seat and frankly wouldn't care if that's seen as undemocratic or not.

Im sure if they can find a way, this will happen, the EU arent best known for democracy are they ?

32 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I presume the many millions of potential workers have given you their opinion or is this just another "fact" plucked from thin air?

Says the "entity" who previously accused me of being a troll on this thread, you know if we were playing by bloomsbury rules the ref would have called an end to this long ago through technical knock out (which as you know does not even involve a standing count). Give it a rest man.

3 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

He has a point though, we're always told how the UK economy needs these 'highly skilled workers', but the reality is that most appear to be sub standard tradesman, cleaners, coffee baristas and delivery drivers with a questionable approach to personal property (as in, they nick stuff off the van). That and, of course, the ubiquitous Romanian beggars on the underground. So, it's a valid question; how many of these were actually 'highly skilled'?

(I need to caveat this, else I'll get tagged with lazy stereotyping when, in fact, it just observations: my mother is half Polish/ half French my father German, neither arrived during the reign of the mighty EU, but both were skilled in their own fields).

Edited by mick miller

Just now, mick miller said:

He has a point though, we're always told how the UK economy needs these 'highly skilled workers', but the reality is that most appear to be sub standard tradesman, cleaners, coffee baristas and delivery drivers with a questionable approach to personal property (as in, they nick stuff off the van). That and, of course, the ubiquitous Romanian beggars on the underground. So, it's a valid question; how many of these were actually 'highly skilled'?

(I need to caveat this, else I'll get tagged with lazy stereotyping when, in fact, it just observations: my mother is half Polish/ half French my father German, neither arrived during the reign of the mighty EU, but both were skilled in their own fields).

All of the people I was referring to are skilled systems or software engineering professionals educated to at least the equivalent of BEng, a good mix with Masters and a handful with PhDs. They originate from various EU countries as well as a number on Tier 2 visas from India / Pakistan and oddly enough Egypt.

Good call on the caveat, the original post did come across a bit stereotypical. 

He has a point though, we're always told how the UK economy needs these 'highly skilled workers', but the reality is that most appear to be sub standard tradesman, coffee baristas and delivery drivers with a questionable approach to personal property (as in, they nick stuff off the van). That and, of course, the ubiquitous Romanian beggars on the underground. So, it's a valid question; how many of these were actually 'highly skilled'?

🤣 My dentist is from Latvia, my ENT surgeon is from Italy, I have friends who are Spanish and Slovak Financial Analysts, a Slovak M&A lawyer, a Slovak Accountant and my wife is a Slovak Analyst, my daughters friends are Polish and French and are both doctors, my future son in law has friends from Italy, Poland and Czech who are Dr's of research, not a representative sample, i know. Its and likely that the vast majority employed in lower skilled work even though they are probably far from low skilled. Typically they start there and move on. 

My point being that the countries wealth relies upon many advanced companies that regularly trade labour back and forth together with family. If there is any sort of friction then this all starts to slow down and puts us at a disadvantage. Don't believe what you hear re points systems and allowing skilled workers that's not the point. 

Just now, Raja Clavata said:

All of the people I was referring to are skilled systems or software engineering professionals educated to at least the equivalent of BEng, a good mix with Masters and a handful with PhDs. They originate from various EU countries as well as a number on Tier 2 visas from India / Pakistan and oddly enough Egypt.

Good call on the caveat, the original post did come across a bit stereotypical. 

I put it there to underline one key fact, that if business needs skills from other countries there is no block to employing them, regardless of their country of origin. We don't actually need to be a member of the EU, to be signed up to any of it's treaties or legislation to be able to successfully attract and employ skilled people from other countries. Although, I will admit, getting skilled labour from the EU is easier with such arrangements in place, however it appears that such arrangements disproportionately disadvantages those from countries outside of the bloc.

I seriously doubt the highly skilled rhetoric.

I put it there to underline one key fact, that if business needs skills from other countries there is no block to employing them, regardless of their country of origin. We don't actually need to be a member of the EU, to be signed up to any of it's treaties or legislation to be able to successfully attract and employ skilled people from other countries. Although, I will admit, getting skilled labour from the EU is easier with such arrangements in place, however it appears that such arrangements disproportionately disadvantages those from countries outside of the bloc.

Agreed.

I seriously doubt the highly skilled rhetoric.

Highly skilled rhetoric from where?