BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

So Parliment rushes to reconvene, the first thing they will probably do is call a vote of no confidence in the government, which they should win, the government collapses, but more importantly a general election will have to be called, it will be in the hands of the people.

One great big circle to arrive back at the point we all started from a few weeks ago.

let's your right and the polls are right, Cons get a big majority and Brexit can finally be dealt with.

What could possibly go wrong?

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

let's your right and the polls are right, Cons get a big majority and Brexit can finally be dealt with.

What could possibly go wrong?

Not much I can see, besides some of the tory MPs doing what they did in 2017, getting elected on a leave ticket, then turning tail and supporting remain.

Make no mistake, labour fear an election very much, their ridiculous offers at the conference of 32 hr weeks at the same money, free tuition fees (again) and millions of free houses for everyone, payed for by ,errr who knows ?
Are the desperate attempts of a dying party.

12 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Does it ?

He asked the queen to prorogue , giving reasons that she obviously was agreeable to.
Did he lie ? How does the court know what those reasons were  ?

Why was she obviously agreeable to them, there is a difference between acceptance and agreement.

Come on now - "did he lie"...

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

unless they are shown to be remainers of course because all the media are complicit in the treasonous conspiracy to thwart Brexit 😛 

Not ALL the media.
Im sure you have realised that news reporting these days doesnt need to have big money behind it to be influential.
This leads o more choice and a more level playing field.

27 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Exactly.
Prorogation affected Brexit how , anyway ? Te snipped 4 days off the start, and about 10 days off the end, which now wont happen.
What exactly was he going to do with it ?

I think hes played a blinder.
By showing the remain side for what it is.

I don’t think he has, it’s nothing to do with remain or leave it is to do with Boris was found out by the supreme court to have acted unlawfully as either constitutionally feckless or lying to the Queen for his own political gain, the supreme court doesn’t say which but neither is good.  

If he leaves without a deal then that’s court case number 2 because of the Ben act, he is going to face so much political pressure if he tries to break the law twice now.

God knows what happens next but he is in a worse position now that’s for sure, trying to ignore the Ben the act is so much harder now.

19 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I do not think they will call a Confidence Vote in any haste!

They have painted themselves into a corner, if they don't call a no confidence vote they make themselves look totally incompetent and will be saying they still support the government

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

Why was she obviously agreeable to them,

Umm, because she agreed to them ?
We have been TOLD that the prorogation was unusual, so the queen must have given it some scrutiny, or does she just rubber stamp anything put before her, I think not.

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Come on now - "did he lie"...

About what ?
The reason for the prorogation ?
What if he said to HM , 'its in the nations interest to get this sorted , will you help me ' and she agreed, did he lie to her ?
Did he lie to parliament in that case, or was he simply vague about the content of the forthcoming Queens speech content ?

I keep asking what the 'master plan' of an extra 2 weeks of MP holiday was going to achieve.
All its done as far as I can see, is expose Bercow as being completely biased to remain, and remain MPs as being capable of almost anything to stop Brexit.

3 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Are we saying it is acceptable for  judges to pass judgement on a hunch, without any evidence!!!

No one seems to want to question that though !

10 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

And a general lowering of standards...

We are talking about the media, standards are not their strong point.

Phone hacking ? Sensationalist ? Lies and half truths.
They are a business, and a ruthless one at that.
I would rather trust a non profit blogger that anything that carries adverts.

Always makes me laugh when people use full fact as a way of checking the media 'facts' , well known for left wing bias , and the occasional 'gift' from soro's open society fund.

9 minutes ago, timps said:

I don’t think he has, it’s nothing to do with remain or leave

At this moment in time , it has everything to do with remain or leave.
We are standing at a cliff edge, its the cliff edge of whether or not voting means anything anymore.

The judges only decided it was unlawful after the fact and it will be interesting to see hiw much blow back this generates but importantly, this does not prevent parliment being porogued again but with written reasons this time.

Edited by Stonepark

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

At this moment in time , it has everything to do with remain or leave.
We are standing at a cliff edge, its the cliff edge of whether or not voting means anything anymore.

With that stance then you have a prime minister that actively lied to the Queen proven in a court of law.  

15 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Umm, because she agreed to them ?
We have been TOLD that the prorogation was unusual, so the queen must have given it some scrutiny, or does she just rubber stamp anything put before her, I think not.

This prorogation was unusual, we were told that the queen does not normally get involved and normally takes the advice of her PM. I think you are using poetic licence here...

About what ?
The reason for the prorogation ?
What if he said to HM , 'its in the nations interest to get this sorted , will you help me ' and she agreed, did he lie to her ?
Did he lie to parliament in that case, or was he simply vague about the content of the forthcoming Queens speech content ?

Too many what it's and conjecture.

I keep asking what the 'master plan' of an extra 2 weeks of MP holiday was going to achieve.
All its done as far as I can see, is expose Bercow as being completely biased to remain, and remain MPs as being capable of almost anything to stop Brexit.

No one seems to want to question that though !

We will see.

It's frankly incredible to suggest that all 11 justices passed the same judgement based on a hunch, in fact it's bordering on mentalist.