BREXIT

JohnfromUK

28 minutes ago, oowee said:

:good:However a few years after no deal when the economy has collapsed we could join the EU and qualify for the Euro and Direct aid from the EU. Our citizens would emigrate to Poland and Hungary. Land Rover could come back to where it belongs and all would be well 🙂 

Landrover moved out to Slovakia with an EU grant paid for however it was disguised in part by UK Taxpayers like many others, you must be a multi millionaire with that crystal ball of yours you must make a fortune on the markets.  As you fail to acknkowledge on every occasion you spout your doom and gloom Brexit is nothing to do with the economy.

Edited by JRDS

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

BoJo should be flying back and taking up residence in the Tower of London - misleading the Monarch is not something trivial.  Would love to hear the next conversation they have together.

You’re right, it isn’t trivial. Shame he’s the first to have been caught out.👍 Daft lad. 

9 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

BoJo should be flying back and taking up residence in the Tower of London - misleading the Monarch is not something trivial.  Would love to hear the next conversation they have together.

I very much doubt he did, I am sure the Queen is as disdainful and appalled of Parliament as the vast majority of the Public.  If they are so self righteous in their beliefs they will give the country a GE.

7 hours ago, Retsdon said:

In the meantime, away from the Punch and Judy show of British domestic politics, Barnier has nixed Boris's half-baked rehash of May's Lancaster House ideas - as anyone with half a brain knew he inevitably would.

You'd have thought that it would be obvious by now after all this time that EU isn't going to tear up its own rule book to accommodate a 3rd party country.  And that would suggests that Boris and friends are either a) thick as posts, or b) don't want a deal of any kind and are just pretending to negotiate while running down the clock.

My guess is b), and that Britain will be out of the EU on Halloween. 

Like I've said, I wish you'd stop teasing. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

The worst Labour government could not be worse than no deal. 

Totally disagree. For a start what do you base that statement on? It can't be experience as you've never experienced the latter, therefore has to be merely opinion. Again. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

:good:However a few years after no deal when the economy has collapsed we could join the EU and qualify for the Euro and Direct aid from the EU. 

How come we couldn't apply for any of this the last time the economy collapsed? As I recall, we were members of the EU during the last two recessions. 🤔

53 minutes ago, Scully said:

Totally disagree. For a start what do you base that statement on? It can't be experience as you've never experienced the latter, therefore has to be merely opinion. Again.

Come on man, the Abbotcus did the calculations back in the summer of 69, when her and jezza were riding round Russia on a motorbike. 

She guesstimated that it would cost every man and his dogs sister twelvety seven and sixpence to the pound, if we ever left the USSR. 

And everyone knows we get at least 33.3 ' roubles for every pound we put into the bloc, whatever bloc that it is. 

Dianne said so, so its definitely so.. So.. 

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Come on man, the Abbotcus did the calculations back in the summer of 69, when her and jezza were riding round Russia on a motorbike. 

She guesstimated that it would cost every man and his dogs sister twelvety seven and sixpence to the pound, if we ever left the USSR. 

And everyone knows we get at least 33.3 ' roubles for every pound we put into the bloc, whatever bloc that it is. 

Dianne said so, so its definitely so.. So.. 

Ah....my mistake. 

I'm loving all this "Rebel alliance" talk, am i the only one thinking Star Wars?

3 hours ago, oowee said:

The worst Labour government could not be worse than no deal. 

Didn't the last Labour government leave no money and massive debt, then sit back and moan while others tried to fix the country, while being a completely ineffective opposition.

Who are now possibly neutral on brexit, just the biggest political event of my lifetime. 

3 hours ago, JRDS said:

Landrover moved out to Slovakia with an EU grant paid for however it was disguised in part by UK Taxpayers like many others, you must be a multi millionaire with that crystal ball of yours you must make a fortune on the markets.  As you fail to acknkowledge on every occasion you spout your doom and gloom Brexit is nothing to do with the economy. ???

The money was from the Slovak government not the EU. The EU evaluated it to ensure that it did not breach state aid rules. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

How come we couldn't apply for any of this the last time the economy collapsed? As I recall, we were members of the EU during the last two recessions. 🤔

The Labour Goverment would be a shambles. This government has done zilch for three years I cant see labour doing anything either. 

We used to be able to apply for grant aid. I personally secured  +£50m for the Black country under tier 2 (land reclamation) and much more went to more deprived tier 3 areas of the UK. 

2 hours ago, Stonepark said:

No matter what the judges said, he did not mislead the queen as this would have all been discussed with her before consent to porouge was granted.

I think the truth would be that he was misled to believe he could do it and then in turn he misled the Queen. All this stuff is new with no precedent.

His bare faced lies to the public as to why he was closing parliament should be enough for his party to sack him. 

22 minutes ago, oowee said:

The money was from the Slovak government not the EU. The EU evaluated it to ensure that it did not breach state aid rules. 

The Labour Goverment would be a shambles. This government has done zilch for three years I cant see labour doing anything either. 

We used to be able to apply for grant aid. I personally secured  +£50m for the Black country under tier 2 (land reclamation) and much more went to more deprived tier 3 areas of the UK. 

Like I said disguised, where did the Slovak Govt get the money from oh yes silly me taxation. Do us all a favour!

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I'm loving all this "Rebel alliance" talk, am i the only one thinking Star Wars?

Didn't the last Labour government leave no money and massive debt, then sit back and moan while others tried to fix the country, while being a completely ineffective opposition.

Who are now possibly neutral on brexit, just the biggest political event of my lifetime. 

Corbyn could play the emperor, all he needs is a Cape, no hair and make-up needed.. 

And yes the borrowed and sucked the pool dry, then blamed the next govt fur it.. And if they get in again it will happen again.. 

4 hours ago, Retsdon said:

And it keeps getting better. This is a document entitled "United States - United Kingdom Negotiations"  'Summary Of Specific Negotiating Objectives' from the US Office of the President, a document that specifies what the Americans will be looking for in any future trade relationship.

Read it and weep.

Any clues as to which bits I should cry at. Cheaper food and the mitigation of solid waste released into the marine environment; what’s not to like?

1 hour ago, oowee said:

We've been over this before.

The money you secured was ours in the first place. We sent it to the EU and they sent some back (this time in the form of your secured grant), and told us how to spend it, via the terms of the grant.

Yet to get one vote through parliament and found to be unlawful in suspending parliament and misleading the monarch. He’s going down in history all right...

9 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Roll on a General Election...that's if they would allow one and we can drain the septic tank never mind the swamp.  I have a feeling that Cummings had a lot to do with this and the sooner he goes the better.  You can bet he will slither away under his stone Scott Free and pockets full of our dosh.

I concur.

9 hours ago, oowee said:

I think the truth would be that he was misled to believe he could do it and then in turn he misled the Queen. All this stuff is new with no precedent.

His bare faced lies to the public as to why he was closing parliament should be enough for his party to sack him. 

Who would they replace Boris with?

9 hours ago, oowee said:

£68 million in total, from a budget we had already contributed to the EU; in other words, our money. 

Have you been to Wolves lately?