BREXIT

JohnfromUK

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Its widely accepted that bercow broke convention, as , no vote had been held, so it wasnt a re run without changes or circumstance.
Bercow is obviously now acting without control ,and his bias is made clear, thats why the guns are being leveled at him.

The man is an utter hypocrite, with his own agenda starting to become apparent , he will do very well in his new role in the EU.

He's already said he will bear the burden of his apparent wrongs and face the consequences if required. Show me anyone who is totally impartial on Brexit? 

Brace yourself for him frustrating Boris even more today.

Still waiting on answere related to clarity and why BoJo pulled the vote on Saturday...

Just now, Rewulf said:

I don't consider them a viable option, given their policies and past history. 

If you want a protest vote, vote Green, at least they don't change with the wind. 

Don't the polls show them ahead of the BP?

Thanks for the tip 😜 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Raja Clavata said:

. Show me anyone who is totally impartial on Brexit

So it's OK to have a biased speaker? 

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

Still waiting on answere related to clarity and why BoJo pulled the vote on Saturday

The clarity remark was sarcastic. 

The vote, after the letwin farce was passed, like a 2nd ref, pointless. 

And would have given bercow every reason to not let it be heard again... But he just did that anyway 😅

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

Fits right in, in the EU with corruption being second nature.

Meh, we aren`t so shiny. Cameron`s govt (2013) took £24B of RM pension assets, Portugal (2011) took the pension assets of its largest banks, Hungary (2010) E14B of private pensions, Ireland (2009) banks were bailed out by 4.4B, France 33B from its national reserve pension fund.

More testicles used to tarnish someone.

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

So it's OK to have a biased speaker? 

I didn't say that, name someone capable of doing the role and who isn't biased?

The clarity remark was sarcastic. 

The vote, after the letwin farce was passed, like a 2nd ref, pointless. 

But the vote could and probably would have come out in favour of the government!?

And would have given bercow every reason to not let it be heard again... But he just did that anyway 😅

Just now, Raja Clavata said:

I didn't say that, name someone capable of doing the role and who isn't biased?

Arew you saying that there is no one capable of acting as speaker without SHOWING bias ?
The role needs examining then .

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

But the vote could and probably would have come out in favour of the government!?

After a majority has just voted to delay it anyway , whatever the result ??

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

I think there is an echo in here, I said, I think ther..... 😛 

Which is why I said it 🤣

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Arew you saying that there is no one capable of acting as speaker without SHOWING bias ?
The role needs examining then .

Not necessarily, but you've not answered my question - you go first.

After a majority has just voted to delay it anyway , whatever the result ??

But in hindsight. You call it delay, I call it subject it to due scrutiny and process. There is only this manic rush for 31st October because Boris nailed himself to that mast, and he never goes back on his word.

Which is why I said it 🤣

14 minutes ago, henry d said:

If  the cap fits...?

https://www.ft.com/content/7b1d5084-da9c-33f0-aaa6-504f0c26f847

The main bit is this went on all under the noses of the EU , and the likes of 'anti corruption' companies, like the delightful Ms swinsons husbands.
At least 4 bn a year disappears  into the ether of the EUs un auditable accounts, but hey , what 4 bn ?:lol:

.   ....Wear it 🙄

21 minutes ago, henry d said:

Meh, we aren`t so shiny. Cameron`s govt (2013) took £24B of RM pension assets, Portugal (2011) took the pension assets of its largest banks, Hungary (2010) E14B of private pensions, Ireland (2009) banks were bailed out by 4.4B, France 33B from its national reserve pension fund.

And all under the watchful eye of the EU, which some would say are needed to stop all the corruption in the nation governments. In my opinion all governments are corrupt to some extent or another, so we are far better off only having one corrupt government and civil service, than two.

Edited by Newbie to this

10 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

And all under the watchful eye of the EU, which some would say are needed to stop all the corruption in the nation governments. In my opinion all governments are corrupt to some extent or another, so we are far better off only having one corrupt government and civil service, than two.

Economic fiscal sense. In the middle of an economic financial trough, do you rob the bairns piggy bank or borrow even more?

Not necessarily, but you've not answered my question - you go first.

My level of interest doesnt care for examining the characters of the proposed candidates, or any other theoretical applicants.
But I will quote this.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7593047/Speaker-John-Bercow-strayed-rule-law-Brexit-says-deputy-Dame-Eleanor-Laing.html

6 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

But in hindsight. You call it delay, I call it subject it to due scrutiny and process. There is only this manic rush for 31st October because Boris nailed himself to that mast, and he never goes back on his word.

Im sorry, do they not say its Mays deal with added manure ?
Mays deal has been scrutinised for quite some time has it not, and the opposition had plenty to say how bad it was.
Your line of argument on this holds no water, the scrutiny is not necessary, the document could be read and dismantled within 24 hours , just like Mays was.

The manic rush ?
But its not, its been coming since the last 'mad rush ' in March, and will go on till January at this rate, for what ? More scrutiny ? :lol:
Another 3 bn quid of tax payers money squandered, another 3 months of uncertainty for business , with associated costs, admin ??
Im just waiting for the opposition benches to start accusing the government of wasting time and money on the Brexit process , when they could have spent the money better 🤣

2 minutes ago, henry d said:

Economic fiscal sense. In the middle of an economic financial trough, do you rob the bairns piggy bank or borrow even more?

:lol: Really rather depends if youre going to put it back doesnt it ?
Or tell the poor kid THEY spent it , so its gone 🙄

49 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

at least they don't change with the wind.

If you eat their vegan diet you get accustomed to the wind

51 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Still waiting on answere related to clarity and why BoJo pulled the vote on Saturday..

Because the motion that was to have been voted on had been amended and so was no longer what he had tabled

https://politicaluk.co.uk/2019/10/nicola-sturgeon-caught-sending-brexit-letter-to-eu-president-donald-tusk/?fbclid=IwAR25E8GWJ1bNmdTOkxL7OaRDoscV1EZGzUAQYx7-ibxHmW5xAUF0kUSYzdo

“While clearly it is a matter for the council to consider how long such an extension should be, we would favour one which is long enough to enable a referendum with remain on the ballot paper to be held in the UK.

“Both of our Governments and legislatures are in favour of such a referendum and of the UK remaining in the EU.”

So, she wants delay, thats long enough to hold ANOTHER referendum, knowing we are talking at least a years delay for this.
And she wants this because the Scottish and Welsh GOVERNMENTS want one, no mention of what the electorate want ?

And if she doesnt get her way, she will continue to block any form of Brexit to the best of her and the Nasty parties ability.
Democracy , EU style, coming to a devolved assembly near you soon.

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Democracy , EU style, coming to a devolved assembly near you soon.

Just as when the Scottish independence referendum (which had been promised as a "once in a generation" event) was lost by the SNP - they are now campaigning for another referendum after only 5 years.

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Just as when the Scottish independence referendum (which had been promised as a "once in a generation" event) was lost by the SNP - they are now campaigning for another referendum after only 5 years.

Image result for braveheart freedom

Unless of course , you join the EU right afterwards 

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/10/21/a-parliamentary-dictatorship/

50 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

My level of interest doesnt care for examining the characters of the proposed candidates, or any other theoretical applicants.
But I will quote this.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7593047/Speaker-John-Bercow-strayed-rule-law-Brexit-says-deputy-Dame-Eleanor-Laing.html

You're not a typical Brexiteer, but disinterest in the details is a typical Brexiteer position .

Im sorry, do they not say its Mays deal with added manure ?
Mays deal has been scrutinised for quite some time has it not, and the opposition had plenty to say how bad it was.
Your line of argument on this holds no water, the scrutiny is not necessary, the document could be read and dismantled within 24 hours , just like Mays was.

See above, it needs scrutiny, if the shoe was on the other foot you'd be demanding it. It's a bit like the Speaker of the house argument. You won the referendum, it doesn't mean everything else goes your way forever more.

The manic rush ?
But its not, its been coming since the last 'mad rush ' in March, and will go on till January at this rate, for what ? More scrutiny ? :lol:
Another 3 bn quid of tax payers money squandered, another 3 months of uncertainty for business , with associated costs, admin ??
Im just waiting for the opposition benches to start accusing the government of wasting time and money on the Brexit process , when they could have spent the money better 🤣

Small beer in the big scheme of things, I'm sure you can do the math on what 5% of our GDP represents!

52 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Because the motion that was to have been voted on had been amended and so was no longer what he had tabled

But like I stated earlier, in hindsight...

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Not quite, we agree what the polls say. polls are always right, right?

I'd vote lib dem (you didn't even include them as an option, lol)

Right, the Liberal Democrats, who are so democratic they have stated that if a second vote was to leave they would ignore it. You really do have problems with democracy don't you.

David.

1 minute ago, Kalahari said:

Right, the Liberal Democrats, who are so democratic they have stated that if a second vote was to leave they would ignore it. You really do have problems with democracy don't you.

David.

No, just a problem with people who inanely bang on about it without any acceptance of the realities of the mess we are in. It doesn't solve and will not solve anything.

You're not a typical Brexiteer, but disinterest in the details is a typical Brexiteer position .

The details of the speaker , who has 10 days left in his job , and is now under investigation ?
Its not going to affect Brexit in the long run, so I dont think my disinterest is relevant.

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

See above, it needs scrutiny, if the shoe was on the other foot you'd be demanding it. It's a bit like the Speaker of the house argument. You won the referendum, it doesn't mean everything else goes your way forever more.

Its had scrutiny now , how long does it need ? They have teams of legal experts, seriously , its just a delay tactic, just like a 2nd ref, bereft of valid reason.
To say that nothing ELSE goes our way would be fairly accurate, because since the ref was won, NOTHING has gone our way.

7 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Small beer in the big scheme of things, I'm sure you can do the math on what 5% of our GDP represents!

Again , glad you think so, as, if the economy dipped by half of that after Brexit , the howls from remainers would make some believe werewolves had taken over.

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

No, just a problem with people who inanely bang on about it without any acceptance of the realities of the mess we are in. It doesn't solve and will not solve anything.

Whos banging on about it ?

And how does that answer the question of the lib dems , idea of democracy ?

26 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The details of the speaker , who has 10 days left in his job , and is now under investigation ?
Its not going to affect Brexit in the long run, so I dont think my disinterest is relevant.

Its had scrutiny now , how long does it need ? They have teams of legal experts, seriously , its just a delay tactic, just like a 2nd ref, bereft of valid reason.
To say that nothing ELSE goes our way would be fairly accurate, because since the ref was won, NOTHING has gone our way.

Again , glad you think so, as, if the economy dipped by half of that after Brexit , the howls from remainers would make some believe werewolves had taken over.

Whos banging on about it ?

And how does that answer the question of the lib dems , idea of democracy ?

What was the Lib Dem question?

57 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Similar position to the PM then. Is it a criminal investigation too? 

IDS in debate on the deal today. There are a lot of things in this that I don't like but we must do it. 

We will never accept a border down the Irish sea and now we have one proposed. 

The government has lost it's mind. 

Edited by oowee

While IRA terrorists were murdering Brits, John McDonnell joked about knee-capping those who opposed Sinn Fein and later said "it's about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle", celebrating "the bombs and bullets" that killed so many. Despicable... 

FB_IMG_1571753717398.jpg.bbed35fa68f6d23f8a4c8737e96b86bd.jpg

Another Remainer's hero

(Taken from Leave.eu's Facebook page)

54 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

What was the Lib Dem question?

1 hour ago, Kalahari said:
3 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Not quite, we agree what the polls say. polls are always right, right?

I'd vote lib dem (you didn't even include them as an option, lol)

24 minutes ago, oowee said:

Similar position to the PM then. Is it a criminal investigation too? 

Boris isnt under criminal investigation,  but bercow might well be soon.