Franchi

sam triple

Like scully says Franchi make good guns traditionaly. the 48 autos were bombb prof and the old trap guns, my brother had a O/U a model 2000 about 20 years ago he traded it in for a rifle, and it was to my way of seeing it an exellent shotgun.

A maate in scotland had a Franchi 912  auto again looked plasticy but was reliable he loved it .  At some point last few years perhaps 8 or 10 years Franch became part of beretta empire aqnd not sure on quality now, i saw an o/u can not remember the model number brand new in a shop in N lincs it seemed a bit cheap some how and just not like the older guns franchi made, not seen a modern auto but sure some on here will have them, could give an idea of what they are like as a brand today with Berettas input.

2 hours ago, sam triple said:

this one appealed because of both sets of interchangeable barrels

Chap i used to shoot with years ago had a franchi falconet, i think it had an alloy action, he loved it. it did seem to swing nice to me, but alloy frame always put me off, but no idea why we all use alloy recievers on autos etc and never bat an eye lid. . Is this gun on an alloy action Sam3/.?

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

Chap i used to shoot with years ago had a franchi falconet, i think it had an alloy action, he loved it. it did seem to swing nice to me, but alloy frame always put me off, but no idea why we all use alloy recievers on autos etc and never bat an eye lid. . Is this gun on an alloy action Sam3/.?

It’s  a steel action 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

The auto below it is one of the best I’ve ever owned, should never have got rid! 

I have the auto below as well, main reason for keeping the brochure picture extract was as a reminder what way to flip the gas regulator for light and heavy loads. As long as run wet, i never have had any issue with operation.