Travellers on the steal.

starlight32

Mate of mine was doing me a favour yesterday evening, came over to blade off my back garden with his mini digger.

We offloaded his machine, and left his Ivor williams plant trailer parked down the road at the end of the cul-de-sac.

Couple of hours later, my missus came home, saying we are all done then cos the trailer is being hitched up ready to go.........

Well I looked at my mate and he looked at me and we both said -what you on about?

So we ran up the back lane only to see a white transit backed up to the trailer with two lads behind. My pal quickly jumped into his Hilux, roared up the road blocking the road and the van in the cul-de-sac.

Sure enough it was two lads of no more than 20 years old a piece trying to get the trailer lock off the hitch. Well may pal instantly went berserk at them while they were trying to tell us they were only looking at the trailer lock cos they wanted one like it themselves............. A likely story seeing as they had crowbar lying on the floor beside it.

Well considering these boys were travellers- they were'nt ready for my mate and were .....ing themselves

And the next minute somehow all the rear of their van was smashed in, Lights, doors,windows the whole lot was trashed - It was definately a freak of nature, we just don't know how it happened

We then called the police who said they would be there shortly........

In the end we were fed up waiting and the two lads were so startled by the amazing phenomenum of the damage to their van so we let them go.

They finally turned up four hours later in darkness. The number plate was false so no trace so there is nothing they can do.

If anyone has any further information on white transit vans amazingly breaking up in small suburban cul-de-sacs I would be pleased to know.

But at least they didi'nt get the trailer.....................

I've heard tales of how things like this has escalated. Started with a minor bit of theiving, then went to broken fingers, a hospitalisation, then a caravan burning or two, followed by another caravan burning or two.

Just be warned and be aware.

If its your house its not the best move, ****** have this horrible habbit of seeking revenge in the middle of the night. Its what everyone would like to do to them but you have show real psycotic tendancies before they don't come back.

Correct, about the only thing you could do to make them scared enough not to come back is repeatedly glass yourself in front of them whilst screaming random tribal sayings with your eyes rolled back in your head :rolleyes:

They might not come back and break all your windows then.

They are only what they are in number.........

Ten years ago, my uncle who owed a Heavy plant business at the time had a bunch of them pull onto his farm.

Usual old rubbish, had to go to court cost a load of money to get them moved, and the system would take ages. Police could do nothing.

Then had the council turn up only to tell him he would also have to safeguard their safety due to all the heavy machinery moving about cos if anyone was injured he would be liable.

Well the thieving and vandalism had started by then and the traveller honcho head came and to see my uncle, saying they would move on if he paid their moving costs which happened to come to 2000 quid.

Well upon heeding the advice from the council officer, and to ensure safety of these travellers my uncle

drove sheet piles in close around all the vans when they were out- to a depth of 6 feet and a height of 10 feet.

Quite a spectacular job it was too, nothing could get in and nothing out- handy thing having a piling rig at your disposal.

Well anyway after a another two weeks the invaders admitted defeat, and despite threats of death,mutilation and so on, my uncle stood fast.

They went, and nothing further happened.

Edited by starlight32

suspect they where off the Whitten Estate starlight your area is a bit posh for ****** to be crusing

Who know's where they were from, lets face it they are about everywhere.

It was all bit hectic last night, and even I was a bit taken back when my mate kicked off. God knows what the neighbours thought.

Anyway as I said before, a freak of nature was to blame.....

Meteorites?:rolleyes:?:(?B)?

On the farm I live on, where the ****** were trying to course hares literally as the combines finished the wheat on each field, the policy is to take a nominal annual rent from one group of three uber-****** for the coursing 'rights' on the land, on the understanding that they and only they course the land, and that they keep all of the other ****** off the farm. As expected, this trio are fiercely protective of their permission, and the rest all keep a bloody wide berth.

Honestly, having a semi-tame ***** can be quite rewarding.....

The piling rig anecdote is hilarious though.

Starlight... I know trying to recognise a single knackered transit round Whitton is night on impossible, but you could go for a cruise round the site near Asda... I think that's a bit posh for trailer knicking though.

How many sites do they have round Ipswich these days? The only one I know of is that Asda one. I seem to remember the council putting up pilings to keep them off the bit of grass by the slip off the A14 a few years ago.

we had problems with them when i lived in somerset, they let their dogs into our partridge and pheasent pens :( only found out when i went to feed them the next day. they were parked about 800yards up the road from my house, so the farm manager and staff decided to partake in a little revenge, which consisted of slitting all their tyres and firing blanks into the air at 2am ^^ they left after that :rolleyes:

Starlight, best crack is give Tony Martin a shout,

BJ.

Yes I agree, that case was one of the greatest miscarriages of justice I have ever seen.

Trouble was the outcome of that case would have cut a hole right through the whole British judicial system over the right to defend yourself if he was found not guilty.

I am quite honestly sick of all this thieving and crime in our society, you just cannot own anything.