BASC end concessions.

rapid .25

47 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

Probably because you you spend most of your time disputing whatever facts are given to you and ranting and raving about how you have been lied to. I thought you were cancelling your membership of BASC, so I dont see why David or BASC owes you anything. If he did produce the `proof` you seem to think you are owed, what exactly, other than dispute it are you going to do with it ?

lying is lying not matter who or what your part of and nothing is going to make me drop it so the sooner basc pony up the better you are free to live in denial but i’m not going to 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, David BASC said:

Under 21 and over 65 still get discounts, always have.

Analysis of Medicals ,  GLs and lead pretty well spot on.

Believe it or not there were very few claiming the additional concession which is why it is being withdrawn. 

Details 're lead and cartridge manufacturing on the . BASC website clangerman if you look. But regardless of what I say you will not believe it, so there is little point in you keep asking me

if your sticking with that version basc lied end of story 

1 hour ago, JJsDad said:

Probably because you you spend most of your time disputing whatever facts are given to you and ranting and raving about how you have been lied to. I thought you were cancelling your membership of BASC, so I dont see why David or BASC owes you anything. If he did produce the `proof` you seem to think you are owed, what exactly, other than dispute it are you going to do with it ?

totally agree,how do you expect to get anything out of BASC when you are not a member?,even members dont expect anything from them any more:good:

David BASC what is going on at the BASC.The last couple or three years the BASC seems to be making some strangely unpopular decisions, and poorly judged policies, are the elected council not true shooting conservationist, just corporate people who are only really there to run a Organization, that to me is going away from it’s original values.

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Just because it's not being claimed by some is no reason to withdraw it for those that do claim it. 

Are you discriminating against me for being disabled?

Are you positively stating as a disabled person I'm not as worthy to shoot as you are? Oh dear, you're opening another can of worms.

BASC descrimates against disability and disabled shooters, is this really your next step and your next public statement?

I really look forward to your reply!

While I agree that not many using it is no reason to withdraw it, more thenoppoaite I would have thought, the rest is a bit odd.

how would it be discriminating asking you to pay the same as other members? And how would paying the same mean you are any less worthy to shoot? You don’t even need to be a member to shoot, full paying or otherwise..? Sounds like you’re trying to fit a square peg in a round hole... reminds me a bit of Ali G, is it cos i is black....

8 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

While I agree that not many using it is no reason to withdraw it, more thenoppoaite I would have thought, the rest is a bit odd.

how would it be discriminating asking you to pay the same as other members? And how would paying the same mean you are any less worthy to shoot? You don’t even need to be a member to shoot, full paying or otherwise..? Sounds like you’re trying to fit a square peg in a round hole... reminds me a bit of Ali G, is it cos i is black....

Fair point, at the local hospital disabled get a concessions on parking charges, yet a family member who makes very frequent visits to the hospital due a medical condition but is not disabled does not enjoy such concessions. Reserving parking close to the hospital entrance for the disabled is logical but why is it assumed because somebody is disabled they cannot afford to pay the same as other visitors to the hospital.

tin hat on!

7 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Ring them, ask if they are discriminating against the disabled. That's what I plan on doing.

Hope it goes well for you.

They would only be discriminating against the disabled if they charge them more. As it is/was they are/were being subsidised. 

5 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Just because it's not being claimed by some is no reason to withdraw it for those that do claim it. 

Are you positively stating as a disabled person I'm not as worthy to shoot as you are? Oh dear, you're opening another can of worms.

BASC descrimates against disability and disabled shooters, is this really your next step and your next public statement?

It's up to basic who they give a concession too.

No they are not. They are treating you the same as other members.

No they aren't. That's down to your licensing authority. BASC don't make that distinction.

No they don't.

So do I.

And before I get accused of being s BASC fan boy I'm as peeved as many others are at the moment. But removal of a concession is not discriminating. It's treating "you" the same.

3 hours ago, rbrowning2 said:

Fair point, at the local hospital disabled get a concessions on parking charges, yet a family member who makes very frequent visits to the hospital due a medical condition but is not disabled does not enjoy such concessions. Reserving parking close to the hospital entrance for the disabled is logical but why is it assumed because somebody is disabled they cannot afford to pay the same as other visitors to the hospital.

tin hat on!

Stafford hospital disabled bays are close to the entrance, but are pay and display. Wife's a fully paid up member of the blue badge club and we go more than most.

23 minutes ago, David BASC said:

Correct, it is not discrimination to treat people equally. 

Yes I know I work for BASC so there is no point in stating the obvious. We do not publish confidential minutes of meetings, no one does. 

The important thing is for the cartridge manufacturers to engage in the process

Why are they confidential? What is necessary to hide? So don’t publish the minutes but tell us the date and time the meeting/s took place and then that can be verified.  So far you are the ministry of miss information.

like the pretence that water soluble wads are new, they are not they were being used by Armusa a Spanish cartridge company back in 2013.  

The cartridge manufactures have stated they had no prior knowledge of the announcement so who is it who is not telling the truth?

12 hours ago, David BASC said:

Under 21 and over 65 still get discounts, always have.

Analysis of Medicals ,  GLs and lead pretty well spot on.

Believe it or not there were very few claiming the additional concession which is why it is being withdrawn. 

Details 're lead and cartridge manufacturing on the . BASC website clangerman if you look. But regardless of what I say you will not believe it, so there is little point in you keep asking me

It doesn't matter how few were claiming the additional concession the ones that were needed it, and the main reason so few were claiming it is that BASC didn't inform people it was available, I only found out through word of mouth!.

13 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Ring them, ask if they are discriminating against the disabled. That's what I plan on doing.

Hope it goes well for you.

and for you bud, 👍

11 hours ago, Centrepin said:

As do I and the so called "" few""!

11 hours ago, Centrepin said:

As do I and the so called "" few""!

9 hours ago, rbrowning2 said:

tin hat on!

You obviously don't need the concession "" financially"", not being able to work and having to rely on benefits is not a pleasant way to live, we rely on people like BASC to put concessions in place to help us enjoy our sport without having to over worry about the financial cost, I sincerely hope you never end up disabled I don't imagine you'll enjoy the walk from the back of a car park to where your going.

4 hours ago, David BASC said:

Correct, it is not discrimination to treat people equally. 

Yes I know I work for BASC so there is no point in stating the obvious. We do not publish confidential minutes of meetings, no one does. 

The important thing is for the cartridge manufacturers to engage in the process

David, Is BASC still employing the Chatham House rule for council and other meetings?.......if so why?

13 hours ago, southeastpete said:

I totally agree. It isn't discrimination at all!

5 minutes ago, motty said:

I totally agree. It isn't discrimination at all!

This original post did NOT mention discrimination, it was simply a heads up to BASC members that pay the concession rate, it is meant to inform them of the cancellation of the concession so they can be ready for it when there renewal is due, it also gives them time to look at alternative associations, ( it is NOT for discussing blue badge parking, steel shot,,or anything else, all those topics have there own posts so please take this post in the context it was meant to be taken.

4 hours ago, rapid .25 said:

It doesn't matter how few were claiming the additional concession the ones that were needed it

Really, you are aware of everyone who used the concession and their financial situations?

not everyone who is disabled is unable to work.

im ‘able bodied’ but I earn very little, self employed with a guy who does fencing. I have to work around my daughters school hours and can’t work in very bad weather. Nowhere offers discounts for me or others like me. I don’t complain about discrimination.

when I can’t afford to do things I enjoy, I don’t get to do them. I’ve had to sell my hobby equipment before just to get by.

hope you enjoy your benefits paid for by our taxes, because you ‘can’t’ work. Even though you can use the internet, get about, and shoot.......

11 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

Really, you are aware of everyone who used the concession and their financial situations?

not everyone who is disabled is unable to work.

im ‘able bodied’ but I earn very little, self employed with a guy who does fencing. I have to work around my daughters school hours and can’t work in very bad weather. Nowhere offers discounts for me or others like me. I don’t complain about discrimination.

when I can’t afford to do things I enjoy, I don’t get to do them. I’ve had to sell my hobby equipment before just to get by.

hope you enjoy your benefits paid for by our taxes, because you ‘can’t’ work. Even though you can use the internet, get about, and shoot.......

I have worked hard all my life pal, I am now a pensioner who has paid more than his fair share in taxes, and what's more a LOT of people on benefits would love to work and earn a wage no matter how little, if you have a disability that prevents you from working and your living hand to mouth day by day the last thing you need are comments like yours, I also had to sell most of my shooting equipment several years back but it wasn't to GET BY it was to pay for a loved ones funeral, so stop being so damned ignorant to other people's needs.

4 minutes ago, rapid .25 said:

I have worked hard all my life pal, I am now a pensioner who has paid more than his fair share in taxes, and what's more a LOT of people on benefits would love to work and earn a wage no matter how little, if you have a disability that prevents you from working and your living hand to mouth day by day the last thing you need are comments like yours, I also had to sell most of my shooting equipment several years back but it wasn't to GET BY it was to pay for a loved ones funeral, so stop being so damned ignorant to other people's needs.

I’m not ignorant to others needs. You were the one who opted to speak for those who used the concession when you have no idea who they are or their situation. 

In your below quote you make it sound like you are unable to work. I don’t believe you need to rely on basic putting in a disabled concession in order to enjoy your sport. There’s other organisations, if you want one at all, it isn’t mandatory.

4 hours ago, rapid .25 said:

not being able to work and having to rely on benefits is not a pleasant way to live, we rely on people like BASC to put concessions in place to help us enjoy our sport without having to over worry about the financial cost, I sincerely hope you never end up disabled I don't imagine you'll enjoy the walk from the back of a car park to where your going.

Sorry you’ve taken offence, I must admit I was left with the impression from your above post that you were of working age, but considered yourself unable to work but still able to go out shooting.

BASC do not have lower class members, we do our best to treat all member the same, with the same insurance package, same member benefits and same member offers. How this can be interpreted as 'sweet FA' is beyond me, but I am sure you have your own personal agenda / axe to grind Andrew judging by your posts.

Which is a great shame realy, as in this time hwen shooting is probably under more pressure from outside groups we realy should be sticking together and members engaging with their chosen organisation rather than throwing brickbats at the organsations