BASC end concessions.

rapid .25

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the big knobs need to swell the coffers in the pensions funds as the shares markets are going belly up. And I would think they are expecting a massive loss in membership considering there pig headedness on lead. I’ve got until October to renewal if they last that long.

has there always been an excess to pay?

BASC is a trading name of The British Association for Shooting and Conservation and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority ref 311937

The insurance aspect of your membership is a non-advised sale, and includes Insurance Premium Tax

BASC membership includes GBP insurance cover as follows:
Up to £10m liability (public, employer and product)
Up to £50,000 personal accident
Up to £250,000 legal expenses * Exclusions and a £500 policy excess applies, see full policy for further information.

Some categories of membership have restricted insurance , specifically Airgun and Gundog membership

Supporters have no insurance cover

Cover does not apply in North America or Canada

To view the insurance policies, Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) and terms of Business please click here

Hard copies will be sent with your new membership pack

This is fast becoming a bash BASC site.I would sooner be with them than without them and never mind what organisation you support we would be in a sorry state without them.Look at the upcoming fight about pheasant release.Four of our organisations are getting together to fight Wild Justice  in court.Without them we are all lost.Just single fighters in the wilderness.

Just now, greylag said:

This is fast becoming a bash BASC site.I would sooner be with them than without them and never mind what organisation you support we would be in a sorry state without them.Look at the upcoming fight about pheasant release.Four of our organisations are getting together to fight Wild Justice  in court.Without them we are all lost.Just single fighters in the wilderness.

we are in a sorry state with them,quite a few whinging about bashing Basc!,myself i have not seen much that Basc has done good, 

6 hours ago, Brad93 said:

what with the GP letters, then the general licence and now lead.

Surprised you didnt include Brexit & caronavirus as well !

Your one sided rant ignores the following:

The GPs letter fiasco is directly down to some Chief Constables exceeding the Home Office guidelines on medical checks and the BMA failing to come up with guidelines on fee`s for GPs. Some of whom do not view this as NHS core business and refuse to take part in the call for GPs letters. BASC have been taking the Home Office, Chief Constables and the BMA to task over this and are trying to get all stake holders around a table to thrash the mess out. They have in the meantime set up a scheme for members to be put in touch with GPs who will produce the required letter.

The General Licence fiasco was a direct result of a legal challenge by Wild Justice on a weak knee`d Board of Directors at Natural England (NE) who cancelled a selection of GLs at 48 hrs notice. Everyone was caught flat footed, not just BASC. Our represtatives in parliament didnt even know what was going on. Once the poorly worded intial GL became available, BASC fought tooth and nail to get a workable and fit for purpose licence issued; which took a move of the problem from NE to DEFRA and the intervention of Mr Gove before it was sorted out.

Lead - I wont even go there. Pages & pages have been devoted to this already. All I will say is that single use plastic is in the public eye. Many if not most game shoots stipulate fibre wad only; that should tell you something.  If you were unaware of the constant drive to get rid of lead, you must have your head firmly planted in the sand and were obviously waiting until goverment legislation brought an end to its use. I suppose you would then throw a tantrum that BASC failed to warn you.

Edited by JJsDad

12 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

The GPs letter fiasco is directly down to some Chief Constables exceeding the Home Office guidelines on medical checks and the BMA failing to come up with guidelines on fee`s for GPs. Some of whom do not view this as NHS core business and refuse to take part in the call for GPs letters. BASC have been taking the Home Office, Chief Constables and the BMA to task over this and are trying to get all stake holders around a table to thrash the mess out. They have in the meantime set up a scheme for members to be put in touch with GPs who will produce the required letter.

The General Licence fiasco was a direct result of a legal challenge by Wild Justice on a weak knee`d Board of Directors at Natural England (NE) who cancelled a selection of GLs at 48 hrs notice. Everyone was caught flat footed, not just BASC. Our represtatives in parliament didnt even know what was going on. Once the poorly worded intial GL became available, BASC fought tooth and nail to get a workable and fit for purpose licence issued; which took a move of the problem from NE to DEFRA and the intervention of Mr Gove before it was sorted out.

Lead - I wont even go there. Pages & pages have been devoted to this already. All I will say is that single use plastic is in the public eye. Many if not most game shoots stipulate fibre wad only; that should tell you someting.  If you were unaware of the constant drive to get rid of lead, you must have your head firmly planted in the sand and were obviously waiting until goverment legislation brought an end to its use. I suppose you would then throw a tantrum that BASC failed to warn you.

Totally agree.Some people will not admit that without the right people fighting our corner we will loose everything we hold dear. All the organisations have their members requirements to heart .

I think you are all missing the point of this post, I was not stating what BASC have done or what BASC have not done or what BASC are about to do, I was giving pensioners on benefits the heads up that BASC have stopped there concessions, if you want to slag them off or praise them then open your own post.

1 hour ago, JJsDad said:

Lead - I wont even go there. Pages & pages have been devoted to this already. All I will say is that single use plastic is in the public eye. Many if not most game shoots stipulate fibre wad only; that should tell you someting.  If you were unaware of the constant drive to get rid of lead, you must have your head firmly planted in the sand and were obviously waiting until goverment legislation brought an end to its use. I suppose you would then throw a tantrum that BASC failed to warn you.

if basc are so wonderful why has david ignored my request to stump up this so called proof they did not lie then completely ignored me when i asked talk about show your guilty 

Under 21 and over 65 still get discounts, always have.

Analysis of Medicals ,  GLs and lead pretty well spot on.

Believe it or not there were very few claiming the additional concession which is why it is being withdrawn. 

Details 're lead and cartridge manufacturing on the . BASC website clangerman if you look. But regardless of what I say you will not believe it, so there is little point in you keep asking me

9 minutes ago, David BASC said:

Under 21 and over 65 still get discounts, always have.

Analysis of Medicals ,  GLs and lead pretty well spot on.

Believe it or not there were very few claiming the additional concession which is why it is being withdrawn. 

Details 're lead and cartridge manufacturing on the . BASC website clangerman if you look. But regardless of what I say you will not believe it, so there is little point in you keep asking me

Sorry David, where is the details re lead and cartridge manufacturing on the basc website cannot see the minutes of the meeting you had with them prior to the announcement, could you post a link please.

9 minutes ago, David BASC said:

Sorry don't have access to the minutes of meetings or minute of the meetings in Westminster etc but all the info on lead is within the the dedicated lead web pages

Well you do work for basc so ask the person at basc who has the minutes to put them on the basc website not hard is it?

honestly David the lack of transparency and honesty to this is such that I will be cancelling my DD to basc any day now you/basc never give a straight answer to a request for information.

Edited by rbrowning2

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

why has david ignored my request to stump up this so called proof they did not lie then completely ignored me when i asked talk about show your guilty 

Probably because you you spend most of your time disputing whatever facts are given to you and ranting and raving about how you have been lied to. I thought you were cancelling your membership of BASC, so I dont see why David or BASC owes you anything. If he did produce the `proof` you seem to think you are owed, what exactly, other than dispute it are you going to do with it ?

1 hour ago, David BASC said:

Just because it's not being claimed by some is no reason to withdraw it for those that do claim it. 

Are you discriminating against me for being disabled?

Are you positively stating as a disabled person I'm not as worthy to shoot as you are? Oh dear, you're opening another can of worms.

BASC descrimates against disability and disabled shooters, is this really your next step and your next public statement?

I really look forward to your reply!