Prince Charles got it!

NatureBoy

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, loriusgarrulus said:

He certainly does not want to take it back to the Queen. Or anyone else he has been seeing in her place as he has taken over a lot of her duties at the moment.

Hope he gets through it Ok. 👍

Well said if it helps stop the spread and saves lives , that's all that matters at the moment . It's not a time for political  or royal bashing , it's about trying to stop the spread .

5 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

On a serious note though. I still don't see anyone giving a sensible explanation as to why his life is worth more than everyone else.

He is the future king.  You're not really that daft or naive.

However if you are going to take that point of view it would be interesting to go back through your post on say the likes of antis, vegans, travelers, immigrants, etc and see if there is the same level of consistency that life is the measure by which equality of provision should be judged or if there might be a wee sneaky element of subjective value that creeps in there too.

Just now, johnphilip said:

Well said if it helps stop the spread and saves lives , that's all that matters at the moment . It's not a time for political  or royal bashing , it's about trying to stop the spread .

It's not royal bashing.

I agree with the point you make

Which is why Charles and all the other celebrities who are displaying minor symptoms should not be tested and priority should be given to doctors and nurses allowing them to get back to work and save further life

1 minute ago, grrclark said:

He is the future king.  You're not really that daft or naive.

However if you are going to take that point of view it would be interesting to go back through your post on say the likes of antis, vegans, travelers, immigrants, etc and see if there is the same level of consistency that life is the measure by which equality of provision should be judged or if there might be a wee sneaky element of subjective value that creeps in there too.

Do it and you'll see I've spoken out several times in support of many of those groups as long as they're not impacting other people's beliefs and lives

I don't really understand why some people hate the Monarchy so much.

OK they can dislike them or disapprove of them but why the hatred?

I have a friend John that I have known for most of my life, I haven't looked yet on social media but I already know the sort of thing he will be saying and it will be pure red hot hatred.

Just now, Lloyd90 said:

That was my point! 

Yes and I agree, I certainly wouldn't wish harm on anyone

Just now, Vince Green said:

I don't really understand why some people hate the Monarchy so much.

OK they can dislike them or disapprove of them but why the hatred?

I have a friend John that I have known for most of my life, I haven't looked yet on social media but I already know the sort of thing he will be saying and it will be pure red hot hatred.

Not saying your refering to me, but I'm just making the point that particularly when it comes to saving life, the rich and powerful should not be getting priority and yet they clearly are.

8 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

There you go. Telephone: 0141 424 1174

I don't think she'll answer and I don't think she'll be explaining herself to me. Thanks for your efforts though. I might well write to my MP over this and not just Charles, but the vast number of celebrities and other rich and powerful people who's lives are being prioritised over everyone else's.

3 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Do it and you'll see I've spoken out several times in support of many of those groups as long as they're not impacting other people's beliefs and lives

It's really not that important to me and I suspect that Charles getting tested is likely not that important to you either, you are clearly smart enough to understand why the future king and one of the most prominent people in the world would get a test.

It is manufactured outrage, nothing more than that.

If folk see Charlie getting covid19 and it makes them reconsider bad attitudes to social distancing, etc then it will save a bucket load more lives than a regular punter getting tested.

As to your caveat, "so long as they are not impacting on other people's beliefs and lives", you make my point for me.  You are entirely content to use a subjective evaluation of someones worth if they have a different belief to you, so what you are saying is that they stop being equal at a human level and should be treated differently?

23 minutes ago, grrclark said:

It's really not that important to me and I suspect that Charles getting tested is likely not that important to you either, you are clearly smart enough to understand why the future king and one of the most prominent people in the world would get a test.

It is manufactured outrage, nothing more than that.

If folk see Charlie getting covid19 and it makes them reconsider bad attitudes to social distancing, etc then it will save a bucket load more lives than a regular punter getting tested.

As to your caveat, "so long as they are not impacting on other people's beliefs and lives", you make my point for me.  You are entirely content to use a subjective evaluation of someones worth if they have a different belief to you, so what you are saying is that they stop being equal at a human level and should be treated differently?

What a load of nonsense.

I am genuinely outraged, if as stated by the government, "by the end of this, everyone will know someone who died from Corona virus" is true and I tend to believe that will not be too far off the mark, then how many lives, could be saved by not giving privilege to those who are in the position of having money and power. If you believe that it is right that those with money and power should be given priority to live over those who don't, that's up to you but it says more about your character than mine.

26 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

GORDON BENNETT, 2 pages already, get a life!!!!!!!!

That's the problem though, there are going to be many people who get the exact opposite, they're going to get death and in a few cases it could well be because someone is being tested who shouldn't be.

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

1) What a load of nonsense.

2) If you believe that it is right that those with money and power should be given priority to live over those who don't, that's up to you but it says more about your character than mine.

Fella, you need to calm down and think about what you say before spouting this first quoted line, which is what I'm reading in your posts on this subject !

So in the paragraph 2), are you insinuating that Prince Charles has been taken to an ICU ahead of people in more need, and his life is in threat ?

From what I'm seeing, he is in isolation,,,, his life isn't in threat [at the moment].

His status is way much higher than everyone except the Queen, so deserves the best treatment available,,,, in my opinion.

Also,,,, didn't see you berating on here about that chump Trump getting tested and shown to be clear ?!

45 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Completely twisting my words to suit your narrative.

Go on then, do as you say, find my posts where I've wished harm to people based on them choosing to live different lives to me, I guarantee you can't because I haven't.

The reason you believe you can is probably because your judging me based on your own morale ideology, like I said, this thread is speaking volumes about your character.

4 minutes ago, JKD said:

Fella, you need to calm down and think about what you say before spouting this first quoted line, which is what I'm reading in your posts on this subject !

So in the paragraph 2), are you insinuating that Prince Charles has been taken to an ICU ahead of people in more need, and his life is in threat ?

From what I'm seeing, he is in isolation,,,, his life isn't in threat [at the moment].

His status is way much higher than everyone except the Queen, so deserves the best treatment available,,,, in my opinion.

Also,,,, didn't see you berating on here about that chump Trump getting tested and shown to be clear ?!

No, I'm saying he has been prioritised for a test ahead of normal people but particularly front line workers, like doctors and nurses who could otherwise return to work and get on with saving lives, but can't because there are not enough tests.

And I agree, it goes for most other rich and powerful people, Idris Elba was one and there are many others as well.

Oh and I'm perfectly calm by the way.

Edited by 12gauge82

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I am genuinely outraged

You're not getting very far with your outrage. 

I am not conversant with the royal healthcare arrangements, but given they use private hospitals to give birth in, it's unlikely one NHS patient was denied anything on the basis of him being tested.

If medics are self-isolating and not being tested, that is a different problem, unrelated to the above.  One of logistics.  Why you insist on conflating the two is truly baffling.

And yes, assuming his symptoms prove mild and he recovers, the net positive effect from more people taking this seriously could well be more lives saved. 

6 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

You're not getting very far with your outrage. 

I am not conversant with the royal healthcare arrangements, but given they use private hospitals to give birth in, it's unlikely one NHS patient was denied anything on the basis of him being tested.

If medics are self-isolating and not being tested, that is a different problem, unrelated to the above.  One of logistics.  Why you insist on conflating the two is truly baffling.

And yes, assuming his symptoms prove mild and he recovers, the net positive effect from more people taking this seriously could well be more lives saved. 

Your right I'm not! Private hospitals shouldn't even be allowed to buy them. There is a world shortage of kits and only the NHS in the UK should be allowed to source them until they have enough. I'm shocked by the number of people on here who are either completely naive or are happy for people to live or die dependent on their wealth.

Edited by 12gauge82

5 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

No, I'm saying he has been prioritised for a test ahead of normal people but particularly front line workers, like doctors and nurses who could otherwise return to work and get on with saving lives, but can't because there are not enough tests.

And I agree, it goes for most other rich and powerful people, Idris Elba was one and there are many others as well.

I'm no royalist, but think it is correct to 'test' the 1st in line for the throne. Would you have complained if it was the Queen in the same circumstances ? I'm guessing that'll be a no 😉

I do agree with you regarding the testing of the 'front line' workers, as you put it,,,,, but you've answered that one in the same sentence,,,, not enough testing kits available,,,, something which is being worked on drastically, according to the MP on TV earlier.

As for other 'rich and powerful' people getting tested,,,, can't answer that, except to say, were/are kits available to purchase ? I personally don't know.

Also, I wouldn't class Idris Elba to be "rich and powerful",,,, rich and famous perhaps 😏

Just now, JKD said:

I'm no royalist, but think it is correct to 'test' the 1st in line for the throne. Would you have complained if it was the Queen in the same circumstances ? I'm guessing that'll be a no 😉

I do agree with you regarding the testing of the 'front line' workers, as you put it,,,,, but you've answered that one in the same sentence,,,, not enough testing kits available,,,, something which is being worked on drastically, according to the MP on TV earlier.

As for other 'rich and powerful' people getting tested,,,, can't answer that, except to say, were/are kits available to purchase ? I personally don't know.

Also, I wouldn't class Idris Elba to be "rich and powerful",,,, rich and famous perhaps 😏

Maybe I should say, rich or powerful, but that's just splitting hairs, they usually go hand in hand anyway.

1 minute ago, JKD said:

And I understand certain functional heads getting tested, but anyone reasonable would want to see a front line doctor getting a test before prince Charles. It should come down to how can we save the most lives? not who can pay the most money?

10 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

What a load of nonsense.

I am genuinely outraged, if as stated by the government, "by the end of this, everyone will know someone who died from Corona virus" is true and I tend to believe that will not be too far off the mark, then how many lives, could be saved by not giving privilege to those who are in the position of having money and power. If you believe that it is right that those with money and power should be given priority to live over those who don't, that's up to you but it says more about your character than mine.

Be happy being angry about some misplaced ideological purity if it suits you, just try hard to recognise when you are being a hypocrite.

I really don't get how you have made the leap from Charles being tested to those with money and power being given priority to live, but all the same a brutal lesson in reality had it slipped your notice.  Life isn't fair and never ever will be, you'll be a long time angry and outraged if you don't get that.

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

Completely twisting my words to suit your narrative.

Go on then, do as you say, find my posts where I've wished harm to people based on them choosing to live different lives to me, I guarantee you can't because I haven't.

The reason you believe you can is probably because your judging me based on your own morale ideology, like I said, this thread is speaking volumes about your character.

I'm not twisting your words at all and I have certainly not suggested that you have wished harm on anyone.  What I said is that you use subjective decision making based on someone's value as you see it, no more no less.

You said that so long as someone's beliefs doesn't impact on anyone else's life then that's OK by you and there is nothing wrong with that, but it is still a subjective evaluation.  If you wish to value people based on their physical existence, i.e. one life being worth the same as another, to determines equality then you need to apply that across the board, it can't be subjective, ergo a child rapist is as equally deserving of getting a test as Charles is or as a nurse or doctor is.

Of course none of us conform to that sort of ideological purity, we all make a subjective choice based on our own value systems. 

You don't think Charles as future king merits a test and you posit that him getting a test is a binary life or death choice over someone else by dint of privilege.

I don't agree is all, I think it is entirely reasonable that if he presented with symptoms that he should be tested, given his status, his public profile, the sheer weight of influence his story will hold, and not just in the UK, but globally.  I reckon that one test was well spent and will be way more impactful than an awful lot of the guidance and advice that we have seen.

I also believe that your outrage is entirely misplaced, but it is your outrage to be placed as however you desire, even if you are being a bit daft :)

40 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'm shocked by the number of people on here who are either completely naive or are happy for people to live or die dependent on their wealth.

Fella,,,, calm down 🙂

If I'm correct, getting tested for this virus isn't a life or death situation in itself. Most of the infected, general public and health workers etc, are only getting tested once their symptoms get so bad they are forced to go to hospital,,,, only then does it become [possibly]  a life or death situation.

This virus doesn't differentiate between those with £ or those without £. 

Also, now I'm only guessing here,,,, perhaps the 'rich and powerful' might have private health set-ups ? Maybe they get tested via this, seeing as they are paying for the service ?

Edited by JKD
Spelling

3 minutes ago, JKD said:

Fella,,,, calm down 🙂

If I'm correct, getting tested for this virus isn't a life or death situation in itself. Most of the infected, general public and health workers etc, are only getting tested once their symptoms get so bed they are forced to go to hospital,,,, only then does it become [possibly]  a life or death situation.

This virus doesn't differentiate between those with £ or those without £. 

Also, now I'm only guessing here,,,, perhaps the 'rich and powerful' might have private health set-ups ? Maybe they get tested via this, seeing as they are paying for the service ?

I really am calm 😂

In the next few weeks, this disease is going to peak, hopefully not as badly as Spain and Italy but there's no reason it shouldn't, we're going to need every doctor and nurse we've got.

So for every person like charles, football players and other celebrity that is getting tested instead of a doctor or other critical worker, many lives could be lost, hopefully not my family or yours, but who knows.

The practice is wrong and I can't see a single good reason for it being posted on here, the closest is yours and your right, without crucial leaders, command and control can not be kept, so certain leaders should be tested, but I don't believe Charles is one of them and certainly not half the others that have payed for it.

11 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Be happy being angry about some misplaced ideological purity if it suits you, just try hard to recognise when you are being a hypocrite.

I really don't get how you have made the leap from Charles being tested to those with money and power being given priority to live, but all the same a brutal lesson in reality had it slipped your notice.  Life isn't fair and never ever will be, you'll be a long time angry and outraged if you don't get that.

I'm not twisting your words at all and I have certainly not suggested that you have wished harm on anyone.  What I said is that you use subjective decision making based on someone's value as you see it, no more no less.

You said that so long as someone's beliefs doesn't impact on anyone else's life then that's OK by you and there is nothing wrong with that, but it is still a subjective evaluation.  If you wish to value people based on their physical existence, i.e. one life being worth the same as another, to determines equality then you need to apply that across the board, it can't be subjective, ergo a child rapist is as equally deserving of getting a test as Charles is or as a nurse or doctor is.

Of course none of us conform to that sort of ideological purity, we all make a subjective choice based on our own value systems. 

You don't think Charles as future king merits a test and you posit that him getting a test is a binary life or death choice over someone else by dint of privilege.

I don't agree is all, I think it is entirely reasonable that if he presented with symptoms that he should be tested, given his status, his public profile, the sheer weight of influence his story will hold, and not just in the UK, but globally.  I reckon that one test was well spent and will be way more impactful than an awful lot of the guidance and advice that we have seen.

I also believe that your outrage is entirely misplaced, but it is your outrage to be placed as however you desire, even if you are being a bit daft :)

Your making this very complicated, when it is very simple.

People with money are being prioritised for testing over those without.

When doctors are sat at home instead of giving life saving care due to not being able to get a test, while those with money can, it is wrong.

It's really simple and unless you have no morale compass, I can't understand why your finding that reasoning so hard to follow.