A few less corvids

B725

I've just been out for three hour's and reduced the corvids by 16, it's been nice out but now getting too hot. I had a hare come within 4 foot of the hide been listening to the bird's and saw an all Orange butterfly never seen one like it. 

Forgot to add picture of the hare. 

20200509_101828_copy_2268x3024.jpg

Edited by B725

Well done mate :) I am tempted to get some Ladder traps up on our shoot, one of the lads in Ireland has about 300+ corvids since the end of the season. I can only see a massive benefit to game birds as well as all other wild life from that :)

There was one crow in particular it had a white streak ( must be related to the Mallon's ) that I wanted to shoot as it had been hassling a pewit, the only chance I had also had the pewit close by trying to get the crow to move away .

Edited by B725

22 hours ago, B725 said:

I've just been out for three hour's and reduced the corvids by 16, it's been nice out but now getting too hot. I had a hare come within 4 foot of the hide been listening to the bird's and saw an all Orange butterfly never seen one like it. 

Forgot to add picture of the hare. 

20200509_101828_copy_2268x3024.jpg

Moroccan orange tip (male) female white, hare shot with a camera 👍

Saw a piece in the Telegraph where the police had been called in to investigate who had hung some crows up in a field.  It did say that this was a normal way of detering any other crows but the police where spending time trying to discover who it was responsible, to " have words" ......no pun, but words fail me.

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Saw a piece in the Telegraph where the police had been called in to investigate who had hung some crows up in a field.  It did say that this was a normal way of detering any other crows but the police where spending time trying to discover who it was responsible, to " have words" ......no pun, but words fail me.

Surely that down to the farmer and he could of simply put them right! Have always done it if farmer asks. It's legal! I have always broke there wings and hung them by the feet  to swing/spin/flap in the wind from a low springy/green stick so as not to interfere with sprayer. Or hang them upside down on stock fence or entrance. If that didn't work i shot em! :lol: . . . . Great bag FH! keep at them. WJ on the war path again on all fronts and fully funded! Lot of jacks about this year!    NB