Cummings in the soup?

Retsdon

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If mr.cummings is odious for “hiding” behind his autistic son (would be ok if not autistic though?), how much worse is it for breakfast television to use weeping relatives unable to touch their dying parents as reason why mr.cummings is a bad man. Even though there is no valid comparison to be made; still it’s all fuel for the faux outrage bonfire.

52 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

but what happens if he goes after people with lower than average IQ next?

Goes after in what way  ?
He'll have plenty of admirers then , a good portion of the populace have lower than average IQs ...the question is irrevelant , thats not his job.*

Just because he was good for Brexit, does not make him a good person and certainly not good for everything.

Is anyone ?
Doe he/they , have to be ?

There is a certain irony in the fact that he has been linked with eugenics yet has an autistic son to whom's genes he himself was a significant contributor.

'Linked with eugenics' ?
He discusses NHS  financing of designer babies in an article , and BOOM ! he becomes the reincarnation of j.mengele !!

So far he openly admitted manipulating the public in the vote Leave campaign and out did Labour in the GE, gee whizz, hardly the making of a legend.

Where did he start his rise to ultimate power* did you say ?
All I can say is , politicos the world over manipulate the 'mob' ..they dont usually tell you they do.

I have always thought that in the long run he was likely to do more bad than good and if he stays in office that becomes even more probable now than previously (much more power).

He can be removed instantly , anytime, that is the difference.
He may be more than the sum of his parts, but he lacks the ambition to be truly dangerous.
I would get to know you 'enemy' before you judge him your enemy.

"

Political views

Cummings has described his political views as "not Tory (Conservative), libertarian, 'populist' or anything else".[68]

In January 2016, five months prior to the 2016 European Union referendum in the United Kingdom, Cummings said:

Extremists are on the rise in Europe and are being fuelled unfortunately by the Euro project and by the centralisation of power in Brussels. It is increasingly important that Britain offers an example of civilised, democratic, liberal self-government.[69]

At an Ogilvy conference in 2017, Cummings stated his belief that the EU, rather than solving issues, was fuelling radicalism and extremism due to a perceived lack of control over issues such as economy and immigration:

For me ... the worst-case scenario for Europe is a return to 1930s-style protectionism and extremism. And to me the EU project, the Eurozone project, are driving the growth of extremism. The single most important reason, really, for why I wanted to get out of the EU is I think that it will drain the poison of a lot of political debates ... UKIP and Nigel Farage would be finished. Once there’s democratic control of immigration policy, immigration will go back to being a second- or third-order issue.[70]

Edited by Rewulf

Just now, Rewulf said:

He can be removed instantly , anytime, that is the difference.

I would get to know you 'enemy' before you judge him your enemy.

I'm not going to engage in the majority of your reply as it's daft but on the two points above...

The events of the past week suggest otherwise, if he stays then he really is in danger of becoming untouchable.

He is not my personal enemy, there is pretty much nothing he can touch me on, as was and remains the case with Brexit.

I think it was Martin Luther King who said "A man dies when he refuses to stand up for that which is right. A man dies when he refuses to stand up for justice. A man dies when he refuses to take a stand for that which is true".

Now, remind me, who was it that said "I see dead people" because that is how I view some of the comments on here blindly defending the indefensible.

Just now, Raja Clavata said:

Funnily enough I read that a few hours ago.

Funnily enough I thought you were a similar mindset to DC.

He wants to make things better..for everyone...some people like the sound of that.

And others dont , cue hatred.

2 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

"With my daNkIsT memes I will vanquish all my FOES !!" :lol:

Just now, Rewulf said:

Funnily enough I thought you were a similar mindset to DC.

He wants to make things better..for everyone...some people like the sound of that.

This is precisely what I alluded to with thin end of the wedge, I do not trust his motives and clearly he needed Brexit done to remove the need for UK to follow the various EU regulations.

Taken at face value it sounds great but I find the prospect of it really quite scary and I really do mean scary.

7 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I do not trust his motives

What are his motives ?
You can listen to the media , who will insinuate he is building the nazi master race in his box room in Islington.

Or, you can look at what he actually DOES , listen to his work, and judge him on that...

9 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Taken at face value it sounds great but I find the prospect of it really quite scary and I really do mean scary.

Its only scary if you follow the media that fears it, he has actually done nothing to justify that fear.
Look at the facts, not the heresay that comes from hatred of change.

31 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

He wants to make things better..for everyone...

So, according to his biography, did Pol Pot. But sometimes people don't get what they want, especially when their method involves tearing everything down first.

Anyway, I'm not bothered anymore. Politically Johnson is a dead man walking, and Cummings has become a figure of national ridicule. What's a little bit sweet though  is that they've done it to themselves. 

* Make that international ridicule.

Edited by Retsdon

Just now, Rewulf said:

What are his motives ?
You can listen to the media , who will insinuate he is building the nazi master race in his box room in Islington.

Or, you can look at what he actually DOES , listen to his work, and judge him on that...

Its only scary if you follow the media that fears it, he has actually done nothing to justify that fear.
Look at the facts, not the heresay that comes from hatred of change.

I formed my opinion on him quite some time ago before he was really known about and certainly had little exposure through MSM. I think you already know this though.

The fact is that there are perfectly good government funded R & I activities already in place within the UK, I have just finished reviewing a proposal for $1.5B funding for innovation around mobility in the UK, some of it is matched funding and the remainder standalone funding from government. This isn't so much blue sky stuff as practical initiatives aimed at creating jobs in the Midlands and the North.

By trying to circumvent regulation around some of the R&I it looks like he is interested in it raises a red flag for me. I can be convinced it's legit and not likely to cause moral and ethical questions but my instinct is one of skepticism when it comes to him.

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I formed my opinion on him quite some time ago before he was really known about and certainly had little exposure through MSM. I think you already know this though.

So , on what basis did you form your opinion of him, if you have any links , or pointers , I would be most interested ?

1 minute ago, Retsdon said:

So, according to his biography, did Pol Pot. But sometimes people don't get what they want, especially when their method involves tearing everything down first.

Anyway, I'm not bothered anymore. Politically Johnson is a dead man walking, and Cummings has become a figure of national ridicule. What's a little bit sweet though  is that they've done it to themselves. 

obviously you worked out joe public far far far out number anyone making excuses almost gave up waiting for someone to spot how pointless it is well done 

11 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Well that escalated quickly ! When does Cummings year zero start , I might need to stock up on ammo :lol:

12 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Anyway, I'm not bothered anymore. Politically Johnson is a dead man walking,

Strangely enough ,  those 2 statements Ive heard before from someone on here, what was his name again Re..ts ..something or other :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, clangerman said:

obviously you worked out joe public far far far out number anyone making excuses almost gave up waiting for someone to spot how pointless it is well done 

Can somebody translate that for me ?

Just now, Rewulf said:

So , on what basis did you form your opinion of him, if you have any links , or pointers , I would be most interested ?

I'll dig some of it out.

Just now, Rewulf said:

Sorry, my enigma machine broke a while back 🤣

32 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

January, with the No Deal Brexit.

Mmmm , pretty sure it was mentioned he would be gone THIS January, and a no dealer is , in my opinion a non happener.
The real European governments will wrestle control away from Brussels , if it looks like the EU are going to kamikaze them into it.

33 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I'll dig some of it out.

Cheers :good:

10 minutes ago, clangerman said:

think it’s pretty clear which part don’t you understand? 

Might be clear to you, a bit of punctuation wouldnt go amiss , but even then Im not sure what you were getting at.

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Might be clear to you, a bit of punctuation wouldnt go amiss , but even then Im not sure what you were getting at.

apologies for the lack of education but working was more important at the time if you don’t get the comment no worries maybe my next one will be more clear 

1 minute ago, clangerman said:

apologies for the lack of education but working was more important at the time if you don’t get the comment no worries maybe my next one will be more clear 

Thank you for the polite reply, have a good afternoon Sir :good:

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Strangely enough ,  those 2 statements Ive heard before from someone on here, what was his name again Re..ts ..something or other 

Yes, strangely familiar. 🙂

Must admit I read it three times; still none the wiser! 

3 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

. You and I will be OK but what happens if he goes after people with lower than average IQ next?

If he does come after people with lower IQ's that are PW members can you help us out with your superior brain power if we promise to doff our caps everytime you waft past us on your cloud of intellectuality, thank ee sir.