This is what we're facing.

Scully

https://www.countryside-alliance.org/news/2020/7/lord-botham-love-island-and-animal-rights-bullying?utm_campaign=1481755_24%2F07%2F20 Newsletter&utm_medium=dotmailer&utm_source=Countryside Alliance&dm_i=44G9,VRBV,1MITIG,3WKKM,1

I find the depth of irrational loathing with which those who oppose shooting and fishing staggering at times. I also find it mind boggling incomprehensible and hilarious.

To compare people who hunt and fish, or in this case someone who simply suggests things may not be as they appear, to the likes of Jimmy Saville, is simply beyond mind boggling! It leaves me in tongue tied incredulity at times, with an overwhelming desire to just punch the idiot for his or hers simply asininely insulting remark. I wouldn't of course.......well not in view of witnesses anyhow! 😀 It's what they want of course, so it's best just to laugh, but it really is tempting at times and I can easily imagine what they would look like with their nose squished over their face. 🙂

I recall the Tory MP David Mellor stating that he regarded all gun owners as perverts, shortly after Dunblane, but at the same time just laughed at a young woman who deliberately barged right into me many years ago and knocked me over as I squatted to look at a magazine on the bottom shelf in WH Smiths. She judged me ( quite rightly of course ) by the clothes I was wearing.  

She was very angry when I just laughed, so this is clearly the way to go.....unless you can get them on their own of course. 😉

Edited by Scully

15 minutes ago, Scully said:

but at the same time just laughed at a young woman who deliberately barged right into me many years ago and knocked me over as I squatted to look at a magazine on the bottom shelf in WH Smiths. She judged me ( quite rightly of course ) by the clothes I was wearing.  

She was very angry when I just laughed, so this is clearly the way to go

You might've to expand on that story a little.  What were you wearing that caused her to judge you?  Borat style mankini?  Tweed?  Both? 😁

What was Mellor wearing?  His Chelsea shorts?  Had he popped in for his copy of "Readers' Wives"?

Very true Scully, I know how you feel mate.

I have said this time and time again that with the aid of social media they will bully us into submission, don’t think there is anything we can do to stop it now, just a matter of time before certain members of our sport say enough is enough, sell up and stop shooting.

Depending on NE new licensing for vermin control in the following years I will look at it and if they are not very similar to what we already have I may review my continued involvement in shooting, I was 70 this year and think I have been lucky to have seen the good years, I just feel so sorry for all the young sports men and women who may not see a long shooting life as I and others have, sad times ahead me thinks.

4 minutes ago, old'un said:

Very true Scully, I know how you feel mate.

I have said this time and time again that with the aid of social media they will bully us into submission, don’t think there is anything we can do to stop it now, just a matter of time before certain members of our sport say enough is enough, sell up and stop shooting.

Depending on NE new licensing for vermin control in the following years I will look at it and if they are not very similar to what we already have I may review my continued involvement in shooting, I was 70 this year and think I have been lucky to have seen the good years, I just feel so sorry for all the young sports men and women who may not see a long shooting life as I and others have, sad times ahead me thinks.

Im the same,  I am getting rid of all but one shotgun and one R/F for rabbit control, I didnt read the link that Scully put up as get too peed off,  the countryside will be a poorer place when this bunch of miss-informed self seeking eco warriors take over..

18 minutes ago, old'un said:

I just feel so sorry for all the young sports men and women who may not see a long shooting life as I and others have, sad times ahead me thinks.

same here didn’t help we paid for the false promise to fight for shooting by some who have sold out the next generation of shooters 

I had a very hoigh profile friend in the huntign scene in the USA and he was harangued by some tree hugging woman at ashow one day and when he did manage to he responded.....

"Lady a day ain't complete till'n I have killed something". She exploded and he walked away smiling.   We will never ever educate these folks, so no use trying.

4 hours ago, islandgun said:

Im the same,  I am getting rid of all but one shotgun and one R/F for rabbit control, I didnt read the link that Scully put up as get too peed off,  the countryside will be a poorer place when this bunch of miss-informed self seeking eco warriors take over..

The saving grace is at the back of this coming miss-informed and overly sensitive generation we will have a generation of pragmatic realists.

It has ever been thus, action and reaction.

12 minutes ago, grrclark said:

The saving grace is at the back of this coming miss-informed and overly sensitive generation we will have a generation of pragmatic realists.

You may well be right, my 3 late teen children are quite outspoken against the current tokenism we have, unfortunately the bam's outnumber the realist's and will likely get their way ! 

12 hours ago, grrclark said:

I think you may be right. At the back of my mind is something which tells me now and then that all this will swing the other way eventually, it is the nature of things. 

On 24/07/2020 at 21:17, islandgun said:

You may well be right, my 3 late teen children are quite outspoken against the current tokenism we have, unfortunately the bam's outnumber the realist's and will likely get their way ! 

You may be right there,but do these idiots really outnumber the sensible people or are they just very vocal and adept at media management??????

I listened to Guy Adams of the Daily Mail and his thoughts on the media on Gunsonpegs ,in which he made some quite astute observations of it all and how it relates to ourselves.

Edited by matone
Add

2 hours ago, matone said:

You may be right there,but do these idiots really outnumber the sensible people or are they just very vocal and adept at media management??????

I listened to Guy Adams of the Daily Mail and his thoughts on the media on Gunsonpegs ,in which he made some quite astute observations of it all and how it relates to ourselves.

Exactly that,  unfortunately its not hard to make a fool believe our purpose is to dress up and shoot endangered wild animals, the same fools  will pay £10 into a fund to stop the cruelty but still consume KFC and burgers without prejudice, I saw an add where two women had daubed red dye on them selves and sheepskins saying "How many sheep must die to make woolly jumpers" 

However Im sure there are a lot of well balanced people out there who would understand and maybe even support a well put argument that points out the benefits of a managed countryside which includes field sports, sadly there doesn't appear to be anyone very vocal and adept at media management enough to put it across.

Edited by islandgun

33 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Exactly that,  unfortunately its not hard to make a fool believe our purpose is to dress up and shoot endangered wild animals, the same fools  will pay £10 into a fund to stop the cruelty but still consume KFC and burgers without prejudice, I saw an add where two women had daubed red dye on them selves and sheepskins saying "How many sheep must die to make woolly jumpers"   

However Im sure there are a lot of well balanced people out there who would understand and maybe even support a well put argument that points out the benefits of a managed countryside which includes field sports, sadly there doesn't appear to be anyone very vocal and adept at media management enough to put it across.

Really?  That is utterly fabulous