Danish Mask Study

treetree

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, treetree said:

You deal with that fact so flippantly. Read it again, and then ask yourself if the response has been a grotesque overreaction.

Rather than cherry pick little bits why not answer everything?

Unfortunately lots of people die every year from normal flu, I had no idea of the numbers involved till I looked into it because of covid, obviously covid is effecting everywhere all over the world.

While you think we shouldn't be wearing masks and the government are suppressing our rights, what else could they do when people can't keep 2mtrs apart, can't not have house parties or mass demonstrations during times of lockdown. 

I've read bits saying Sweden didn't lockdown and are doing well, I haven't looked into it, but maybe the people there can behave and act responsibly,  while here when the pubs shut all those wanting to go out then carry on in the streets.

Have you answered anywhere what you would have done during a once in a lifetime event?

I have enough trying to get idiots at work to understand why its better to wear than not to wear, and if your that stupid to put your face near an open flame then should you really be allowed out on your own. 

The problem that i understand with C19 once it gets a hold is it seems not to follow any pattern as to what organ it ruins 1st. 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

obviously covid is effecting everywhere all over the world.

In a limited sense. Most badly hit have been those western countries with high numbers of very elderly, sedentary lifestyles, chronic diseases and obesity.

Why hasn't Africa been ravaged as you might have imagined it would have been at the start?

23 hours ago, Mice! said:

That's the average age, and many may have died from normal flu this winter, but there are many who are seriously ill in hospitals around the country who will be a lot younger than 82.4 years old.

That's almost 6000 families who have lost someone. 

Tell me @treetree do you actually wear a mask? Has anyone you know had covid? Are you purely anti government thinking this is all made up?

Here you go @treetree I'll try again seeing as you haven't answered any of the above.

Shielding the old and vulnerable sounds great but their not the only ones being effected by this.

And how are you going to shield let's say everyone over 70? House arrest?

I'd say wearing masks is shielding the old and vulnerable,  unless I'm in a pub so bad ventilation with loads of strangers possibly bringing covid in then I wouldn't expect to get it, I'm not generally in close proximity to anyone in work and we are tested weekly.

But if I worked in an office with a dozen or dozens of people then things change.

Young school teachers where my wife works have tested positive this week, I'd imagine the kids are bringing it in then the teachers are catching it because of the close proximity they are all in.

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

@treetree 

Isn't that exactly what we did to a whole nation? I'd also refine your definition of vulnerable, old and comorbid would be better.

I've only know 2 people who've had it ( strange in itself for a global pandemic) one is in her mid thirties had  mild flu symptoms. The other 84, huge number of serious medical issues, spent 1 week in hospital  fine now.

And no, I'm not anti government, I just think they'd do well to remember they serve us and that there are limits to their impositions

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Obviously not because the number of cases and deaths were going up rapidly,  to do nothing wasn't an option. 

Nope,  cases peaked April 11th, too soon for lockdown to have had an effect.

Straw man,  no one said do nothing.

11 minutes ago, Mice! said:

A ten second search

https://www.politico.eu/article/discontent-rises-in-sweden-as-coronavirus-cases-spike/

Screenshot_20201123-223659_Google.jpg.8296eccec0446ac9b3057c9be04ffd9f.jpg

Things aren't rosy in Sweden, bear in mind they only have a population of 10 million 

The vast majority of whom will be very old, underlying health issues etc etc (as per UK figures). Sweden also failed to secure care homes like us too.

And don't forget  they haven't bombed their own economy. 

Are you there yet Mice!, you must feel the story is unravelling bit by bit by now. Don't entrench yourself in your position for the sake of it. Just look at the facts

I honestly really cannot understand such a strong objection to mask wearing. It’s not like the government are saying you have to have your nose amputated. It’s a mask, you have to wear it in some settings, then you can take it off and doing so will reduce the spread of disease that kills people. An increasingly selfish attitude that minor inconvenience is too much to prevent you causing the death of someone’s loved one. 

10 hours ago, treetree said:
10 hours ago, Mice! said:

Isn't that exactly what we did to a whole nation?

No - before you answer go and read the sheilding guidelines as they were (I'm not going to post all 4 pages) - they effectively meant solitary confinement if fully followed, even under lockdown you could go out to exercise, shop, work, and see people.   But it would not effect you so what the heck.

On 23/11/2020 at 22:32, treetree said:

In a limited sense. Most badly hit have been those western countries with high numbers of very elderly, sedentary lifestyles, chronic diseases and obesity.

Why hasn't Africa been ravaged as you might have imagined it would have been at the start?

‘Cos it’s bloody hot there?