Employers forcing employees to have vaccine

AVB

1 minute ago, AVB said:

Pimlico plumbers are going to write it into contracts. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55654229

it will be interesting to see how that pans out for people who can’t have the vaccine for medical reasons. 

If they do not want to comply with the policy, it will be decided on a case-by-case basis whether they are kept on, he said.

7 minutes ago, ClemFandango said:

If they do not want to comply with the policy, it will be decided on a case-by-case basis whether they are kept on, he said.

That becomes very difficult as there will be many accusation of discrimination. Lawyers will be rubbing their hands together. 

4 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Pimlico Plumbers don't employ anybody, its a franchise. His company, his rules

Not true that because it’s his company he can do what he wants. He still has to abide by the law, whether it be minimum pay, health and safety, discrimination etc. 

19 minutes ago, AVB said:

Not true that because it’s his company he can do what he wants. He still has to abide by the law, whether it be minimum pay, health and safety, discrimination etc. 

All his plumbers are self employed sub contractors so actually he can do pretty much what he wants. They don't have jobs, they are not employed. therefore there is no law he has to abide by, welcome to the gig economy 

Edited by Vince Green

23 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

All his plumbers are self employed sub contractors so actually he can do pretty much what he wants. They don't have jobs, they are not employed. therefore there is no law he has to abide by, welcome to the gig economy 

Maybe all the plumbers are but he ‘employs’ a lot more than plumbers. Look at the vacancies on the website. 

3 hours ago, al4x said:

The interesting part will be how he words it.

Definitely !

3 hours ago, al4x said:

These are tradesmen who go into multiple houses per day.... potentially into vulnerable peoples houses so is it better the tradesman had had the jab? 

But,,,, they and many other tradesmen, me included, have been doing this for many months, so even having the jab they/we/me will still have to wear sufficient ppe. Having the jab won't stop you spreading 'it'.

8 hours ago, JKD said:

Having the jab won't stop you spreading 'it'.

This is the crucial bit that is an unknown at the moment.  I guess time will tell as the research is completed.  If it does though you might find the un vaccinated are not that popular

19 minutes ago, al4x said:

This is the crucial bit that is an unknown at the moment.  I guess time will tell as the research is completed.  If it does though you might find the un vaccinated are not that popular

I hear where you're coming from,,,, and testing/research is paramount 😉

28 minutes ago, al4x said:

Yea we could always make them wear something to identify them. Like a yellow star. 

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

But if the airlines say you have to have a jab before you can fly people will be falling over themselves to get one.

But, AFAIA,,,, you have to wait for the invite, nobody can just book in, pay and get the jab 👨‍🔬👩‍🔬🤷‍♂️ So those "falling over themselves" will have to wait like the rest of us 😉

19 minutes ago, Mice! said:

But if the airlines say you have to have a jab before you can fly people will be falling over themselves to get one.

Do you think they will do that? If they do it will be very hard on those that can’t have the vaccine - transplant patients, pregnant women, children etc. And their families who all want to go on holiday together. 

7 minutes ago, AVB said:

Do you think they will do that? If they do it will be very hard on those that can’t have the vaccine - transplant patients, pregnant women, children etc. And their families who all want to go on holiday together. 

Wouldn't surprise me if they did, Ryan air were advertising Jab and fly.

If the Airlines or Government say you can only go to Spain for instance if you've had the jab then the majority won't worry about who can't have it.

Can't see it applying to kids.

28 minutes ago, JKD said:

But, AFAIA,,,, you have to wait for the invite, nobody can just book in, pay and get the jab 👨‍🔬👩‍🔬🤷‍♂️ So those "falling over themselves" will have to wait like the rest of us 😉

Might just be all the old folk going away then🤷‍♂️ but will the jab be available privately,?? Most things normally are. 

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they did, Ryan air were advertising Jab and fly.

If the Airlines or Government say you can only go to Spain for instance if you've had the jab then the majority won't worry about who can't have it.

Can't see it applying to kids.

If you discriminate against people who have a medical condition that prevents them from having the jab then it puts you in very dangerous territory and it’s why the ‘face coverings’ law is proving impossible to enforce. I would worry about what Ryanair say! They said they would charge people to use the loo doesn’t forget. Personally I don’t think it’s down to companies to dictate things like this. Governments may but I think it will prove difficult. 

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Might just be all the old folk going away then🤷‍♂️ but will the jab be available privately,?? Most things normally are. 

I'm sure it was said that nobody can pay for the jabs, but just wait for their invite. That was very early January and from a medical bid [who exactly I don't know] on the news.

I'm sure a Google search will throw up an answer.

Can you imagine the "mess" if you could book it and pay for it ?! It would be worldwide mayhem 😕

12 minutes ago, JKD said:

I'm sure it was said that nobody can pay for the jabs, but just wait for their invite. That was very early January and from a medical bid [who exactly I don't know] on the news.

I'm sure a Google search will throw up an answer.

Can you imagine the "mess" if you could book it and pay for it ?! It would be worldwide mayhem 😕

There are companies that will fly you to Dubai and arrange the vaccine for you. £20,000 apparently.