UKR V ENG

twenty

4 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

That's the England we all knew was there, hiding away amongst the 1-0's and 0-0's! I think we will beat Denmark, we would beat Spain and we can beat Italy - if we try and score and put them under pressure. 

Maybe, just maybe...it's coming h...

Don't say it............yet,🤞 🤞

Great result. Feel bad for Ukraine, their ambassador was on R4 earlier in the week saying that he was torn as he wanted to be respectful to the UK as we have done so much for their country. Michelle Hussien sounded like an idiot in her response but ah well.

Excellent football from the England team, we certainly conceded fewer than the opposition did. Manager did well again. 

Yes, they are one of the four semi finalists so have a very good chance. Italy are the best team left in but have a much harder semi final to overcome. There is a reasonable chance Italy may lose that semi and there is also a reasonable chance that their semi will go to extra time etc giving fatigue for a final. They have the extra rest day compared to our semi final winner. The favourite in the final will be the fresher team, unless Denmark overcome us - then it will be a misbalanced final, but the Danes have history for winning as underdogs. 

Edited by WalkedUp

Possibly the best England performance I've seen, nice to see a young, fresh team playing with confidence. 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Much better game than the one against Germany in my opinion

It was the result that mattered against Germany,  the team keeps improving. 

It was good to watch, really enjoyed it.

If they had beaten Germany only 1-0, then I wouldn’t have been convinced, but at 2-0 I was impressed. 
The only concern I have with meeting Italy is that the Italians will cheat to win. They will dive at every opportunity, especially in the penalty box, where they will be dropping like flies. 
Im sure the England squad are aware of that, and I hope the referees are too. 

25 minutes ago, Scully said:

It was good to watch, really enjoyed it.

If they had beaten Germany only 1-0, then I wouldn’t have been convinced, but at 2-0 I was impressed. 
The only concern I have with meeting Italy is that the Italians will cheat to win. They will dive at every opportunity, especially in the penalty box, where they will be dropping like flies. 
Im sure the England squad are aware of that, and I hope the referees are too. 

Aye there's the rub. Like in cricket, the on-field decision is critical. VAR won't intervene unless they think it's clear cut, anything marginal and they'll go with the ref's first decision, so we need a ref who's prepare to tell the Italians to get up and grow up. The ref from last night, Dr. Felix Brych, would be a good bet. One of the best in the world and, because he's German, I think his nation's already out, isn't it?