Tragic, but......

Vince Green

4 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Rewulf is correct that following solely the msm is not going to give you a balanced view. 

Imagine if the current dumpster fire that is the Afghanistan withdrawal had happened under Trump*.  Do we honestly, for a second, believe the media would've reacted in the same way they have?  No, we would have had day after day of incredulous reaction and tedious micro-analysis of every malformed tweet.

Frankly, imagine if *Anything* Biden has done or said so far had been done by Trump.  Imagine if Trump had checked his watch or fallen asleep meeting foreign leaders...It would be wall-to-wall for days on UK media.  But Biden somehow gets a pass.

So no, the MSM has an obvious bias.  Whether that translates to an actual agenda is debatable, or simply just people living in a media bubble.

*Yes I know, he set events in motion there.  Biden had 6months to change the direction of travel.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

*Yes I know, he set events in motion there.  Biden had 6months to change the direction of travel.

What he wanted was to extract American forces from their occupation there, keep US and western business interests, and let the ANA do the job its paid and equipped to do.
Having a foreign army on your soil is never popular, and particularly in a tribal culture like Afghan.

Biden and his government implemented a rushed pull out that beggars belief in its ineptness !
At first I thought it was some kind of tactical move to draw the taliban out and deliver a mortal blow, but no, it was strategic cluster .... that makes me wonder how it got past the defence staff ?

The only conclusion I can come to , is that they are going to use this as Bidens exit move, hence the very silent Kamala.

20 hours ago, ordnance said:

You think, a payment for what ? 

One of the relevant articles i read but don't know the truth of: https://www.hsj.co.uk/workforce/exclusive-very-low-uptake-of-covid-death-payments-by-families-of-health-and-care-staff/7028744.article

And another: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jul/26/only-19-bereaved-families-approved-for-nhs-staff-coronavirus-compensation-scheme

Edited by Dave-G

12 hours ago, ordnance said:

You seem obsessed with MSM, there are other media outlets.  

Main. Stream. Media. 

Yes there are other media outlets, but you would call them conspiracy theorists. 

Try GB news. 

6 hours ago, Saltings said:

your wright  youve never been hungry  for days when muscles and oysters and kelp was the only food available 

Have you seen the price of mussels and oysters!! 

23 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Biden and his government implemented a rushed pull out that beggars belief in its ineptness !
At first I thought it was some kind of tactical move to draw the taliban out and deliver a mortal blow, but no, it was strategic cluster .... that makes me wonder how it got past the defence staff ?

I'm still expecting who ever takes over from Biden to be able to charge back in saving the day, but its going to cost American lives doing it, so I can't see how its going to pan out.

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I'm still expecting who ever takes over from Biden to be able to charge back in saving the day, but its going to cost American lives doing it, so I can't see how its going to pan out.

I'm thinking the Taliban successfully tricked the US, aided and abetted by the so called afghan government.

13 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'm thinking there was no need, biden is so inept they sat there and let Biden hand it to them on a plate. 

They must have thought all their christmases had come at once.

'We'll withdraw, but you'll have to promise not to be naughty'.
'Yes...we promise' (thought bubble 'yeahhh....or what?)

It turns out there is no 'or what.'

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

They must have thought all their christmases had come at once.

'We'll withdraw, but you'll have to promise not to be naughty'.
'Yes...we promise' (thought bubble 'yeahhh....or what?)

It turns out there is no 'or what.'

Most seem to forgetting it was Trumps surrender deal.  

I'm no Biden fan but he seems to be getting blamed for what looks like a deal with the Afghan army to support Afghanistan - with a massive load of gear left for them, being reneged on like a hot potato.

Sucker punched politics at its best or worst depending on which side its viewed from is my thinking.

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I'm no Biden fan but he seems to be getting blamed for what looks like a deal with the Afghan army to support Afghanistan - with a massive load of gear left for them, being reneged on like a hot potato.

Sucker punched politics at its best or worst depending on which side its viewed from is my thinking.

I take your point, but...he could have looked to change the policy. The CIA had given him a briefing that they'd projected the government to fail within 18 months of the USA pulling out months before the deadline. The speed of the fall might have surprised them, but the fact that it happened shouldn't have done. He'd been made aware that withdrawal meant a Taliban return at some point.

Biden's gone out of his way to be seen as washing away Trump era politics, but has chosen not to with Afghanistan. You can't be blamed for someone else's mistakes. But you can be blamed if you knew the consequences and did nothing to try and prevent them. 

Edited by chrisjpainter

You can't be blamed for someone else's mistakes. But you can be blamed if you knew the consequences and did nothing to try and prevent them. 

Indeed, this dumpster fire happened under Biden, and Biden alone.

The Secretary of Defense has a lot to answer for here, his generals must have been telling him this would be a disaster.

For all his faults, Trump was a delegator, and would've likely listened to the DoD, or at the very least told them to withdraw as they saw fit.

We'll never know of course, but all those people going 'muuuh Trump did this' clearly haven't noticed all the other parts of Trump policy rescinded, stopped or otherwise overturned by Biden through executive order.

Anyone who think still thinks 'thank god the orange man has gone' clearly hasn't been paying attention.  From a UK perspective, certainly not.  I'd almost rather back-of-the-queue-Obama was at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.  And he hated the UK too.

take your point, but...he could have looked to change the policy. The CIA had given him a briefing that they'd projected the government to fail within 18 months of the USA pulling out months before the deadline. The speed of the fall might have surprised them, but the fact that it happened shouldn't have done. He'd been made aware that withdrawal meant a Taliban return at some point.

More like 18 minutes,  imagine telling them when you were leaving unless it was a clever ruse.

Entirely Bidens fault no matter whose idea it was, it still baffles me,  all the time spent there thrown away.

8 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

So you'd have stayed in Afghanistan for ever? Leaving wasn't the issue, the disaterous way in which it was done was. I really can't understand how you seem unable to grasp that. 

I don't think i said NATO troops should have stayed there for ever :hmm: the one sided surrender was the disaster, and that was on Trumps watch.