Modern day zealots, a load of amateurs.

Cranfield

This rash of zealots we are suffering at the moment, whether its Extinction Rebellion, Insulate UK, anti vaxxers, etc., are missing the point.
True zealots would go on to Salisbury Plain with a placard that states their cause and then set themselves alight.
Alternatively, they could stand on Hyde Park corner and flog themselves with brambles and stinging nettles (barbed or razor wire would also be good), whilst chanting their message.
There are no limits to the personal pain, or indignity they could subject themselves to, in order to publicise their thoughts. 

However , these amateur zealots are not to that standard.
Their only means of protest is to subject everyone else to the pain and suffering, whilst they make sure they are safe and well protected.
Its amazing they don't realise how this hurts their protest.
A lot of people do, or might, have sympathy with their cause, but cannot accept the way they are behaving.
They are losing massive public support as a result.

2 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Its amazing they don't realise how this hurts their protest.
A lot of people do, or might, have sympathy with their cause, but cannot accept the way they are behaving.
They are losing massive public support as a result.

I fully agree with that sentiment, although there have always been loonies who disrupted the public with their protests and causes in the mistaken belief that people will give in to their demands just for a quiet life. As for XR, I just wish they'd listen to the facts rather than slavishly accepting the climate nonsense propagated by the IPCC, Attenborough, Thunberg etc and the news media.

I honestly wonder why they are tolerated. They are breaking enough laws, breaking enough injunctions etc to see them bankrupted, losing their homes or facing imprisonment.

Just who exactly is backing off? Cressida the useless apologises for something every other week, but isn't taking the lead on these. What does she do to earn her salary?

Ministers complain about the lack of action, as if governing the country is being done by others, whilst they merely collect good money for nothing.

Edited by Gordon R

5 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I honestly wonder why they are tolerated. They are breaking enough laws, breaking enough injunctions etc to see them bankrupted, losing their homes or facing imprisonment.

Just who exactly is backing off? Cressida the useless apologises for something every other week, but isn't taking the lead on these. What does she do to earn her salary?

Ministers complain about the lack of action, as if governing the country is being done by others, whilst they merely collect good money for nothing.

/\ Sums up how I feel as well.

22 hours ago, Gordon R said:

In this strange upside-down world we are in at the moment it seems quite lucrative to be Nuts (when it suits) as every other pleb (minion) in need of some form of leadership is easy to lead beside the still waters, Bhaaaaa

18 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

/\ Sums up how I feel as well.

Me too.

1 hour ago, steve s×s said:

In this strange upside-down world we are in at the moment it seems quite lucrative to be Nuts (when it suits) as every other pleb (minion) in need of some form of leadership is easy to lead beside the still waters, Bhaaaaa

Diversity in action?