Travelling abroad...

Ricko

3 minutes ago, Ricko said:

What's the score with travel abroad these days, anyone got any recent experience?

I'm looking at going to Spain/Portugal over Xmas for a bit of a getaway.

What are the procedures involved?

Cheers

Check out the FCO website for all the info. 

Just got back from Canada four days late as we were denied boarding as we didn’t have our passenger locator form available at checkin. £1,000 lighter due to an intransigent airline. Get your documents right both ways or it ends in an expensive mess.

Edited by Dave at kelton

11 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Check out the FCO website for all the info. 

FCO website is your friend here.  Or, the destination country in question’s UK embassy site.

Ensure you have the means to print off your passenger locater form at your destination, these can only be completed 48hrs before travel.  Do yourself a favour, however, fill out as much as possible online, in the comfort of your own home, and save it.

Print off a couple of copies of your Vaxpass, you will be producing it on a fairly regular basis in a lot of European countries.

Don’t forget travel/health insurance – EHIC (or whatever it’s called now) was never sufficient.

On 10/11/2021 at 09:02, udderlyoffroad said:

Ensure you have the means to print off your passenger locater form at your destination, these can only be completed 48hrs before travel.  Do yourself a favour, however, fill out as much as possible online, in the comfort of your own home, and save it.

Hmmm, I was hoping to travel around a bit. What format is the passenger locator form in? Do you have to log on to something?

9 hours ago, Ricko said:

Hmmm, I was hoping to travel around a bit. What format is the passenger locator form in? Do you have to log on to something?

I don't ever print it off, always have the option to download to phone as pdf.. you just need to set up an account on the gov website then it's plain sailing from there on..

11 hours ago, roadkill said:

I don't ever print it off, always have the option to download to phone as pdf.. you just need to set up an account on the gov website then it's plain sailing from there on..

Cheers, I wasnt sure if I had to print off a hard copy whilst abroad.

I'm just looking at a few days in Southern Spain, change of scenery etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ricko,

I am out in Spain at the moment. No problem just need proof of double jab and complete your Spanish locator form before you arrive. I suggest you print it off . They will be checked on arrival. At Alicante and Batcelona, they are checked after passport control.

On return you need to book and pay for a lateral flow test and fill in your UK form 2 days before leaving. When you fo this you will need to include your lateral flow booking reference number. It's all extra faffing but not too bad. 

On 09/11/2021 at 20:58, Ricko said:

What's the score with travel abroad these days, anyone got any recent experience?

I'm looking at going to Spain/Portugal over Xmas for a bit of a getaway.

What are the procedures involved?

Cheers

Hi Ricko

Having just posted a couple of hours ago and then switched on TV. This omicron situation could rapidly develop. I would hang fire if I were you because it looks as if travel restrictions could be one much more difficult 

2 hours ago, TRINITY said:

Hi Ricko

Having just posted a couple of hours ago and then switched on TV. This omicron situation could rapidly develop. I would hang fire if I were you because it looks as if travel restrictions could be one much more difficult 

I think I will do, looks like it's all going a bit crazy again!

Holidays can wait.

13 minutes ago, roadkill said:

**** law, I'm off France on Monday for a week then back out for the 13th.. so far it looks like a pcr on arrival into the UK and self isolate until I have the results.. 

Dont be too hasty. France is not too much of an issue, free channel  crossings and UK government will meet you on beach with fish and chips, pay for your PCR and put you up in 4star hotel till negative, sorted 👍👍👍😁

21 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Dont be too hasty. France is not too much of an issue, free channel  crossings and UK government will meet you on beach with fish and chips, pay for your PCR and put you up in 4star hotel till negative, sorted 👍👍👍😁

I will dig out my old lilo 😆 

I am supposed to be going to Madrid in 3 weeks time, however the new rule of having to self isolate until the PCR results come back are putting my trip in jeopardy as Mrs H is due back to work the day after we return. What happens if the results take 3 days or more to come back? I think this will put a lot of travellers off going abroad unless they can allow time for a period of isolation.

haven't seen mother in Galway in four  years          haven't been anywhere      maybe next year  i can go home      as she is getting on     she cant live forever      shielding me  and shielding her        other members of the family all about their jolly    turn up on her doorstep   in an irish lockdown        who gives a ****      selfish  ********           she feeds them and they leave           not one takes here out for a meal        i dont know the right words               i have a hard time with this                    she's 80   odd     in the past my mrs and i have cooked for all  sat on their *****   wouldnt wash a dish               im the oldest   the rest owed a living               i will see mother   when i can  hopefully  in the new year           for the right reasons  not a jolly free digs