Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

49 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

What's weird is some on here's perception of what a bot is 😂

Seems to be a catch all name to call anyone who disagrees with the official narrative. 

You disagreed with the official narrative on covid, did that make you a 'bot'.? 

No one here works for the Russians, as exciting that may sound in a Hollywood voice, it's just a bunch of blokes with opinions that differ, that I personally find interesting. No ones mind is going to be changed, and no governments are going to be undermined by PW. 

The sweepstake on voter turnout and result percentages definitely needs doing though. 😏

Just a bit of tounge in cheek banter, I respect others rights to have a different opinion (although I'm not sure some Ukrainians would feel that way). My view is that it's blindingly obvious whos in the wrong in this war and the fact Russia invaded its neighbour for no good reason is the end, that's without all the atrocities and war crimes they have committed. 

I also hold some pretty unpopular views, like I said in the beginning, I feel nato should have moved into Ukraine, declared they are no threat to any Russian soil, but kicked them out of Ukraine and called putin the despots bluff of pressing his red button. All these dictators are the same, there's nothing they fear more than loosing power and above that, their own safety, Putin knows if he fired a single nuke at any nato country, that would be the end of him. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I feel nato should have moved into Ukraine, declared they are no threat to any Russian soil, but kicked them out of Ukraine and called putin the despots bluff of pressing his red button

Declaring you're no threat, whilst pointing thousands of nukes at them, and training and equipping an army to fight them? 

15 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Putin knows if he fired a single nuke at any nato country, that would be the end of him

Would be the end of life as we know it I'm afraid. 

Deterrence requires balance, that's why both Russia and the US have similar numbers of warheads, when the balance becomes skewed, it causes issues within the concept of deterrence. 

A good example of this is when the US/NATO decided it was going to place SM3 anti ballistic missiles in Poland, on the pretext of defending against Iranian ICBMs {that didn't exist}, the Russians were having none of it, on one hand these SM3s could be fitted with nuclear warheads for attacking ground targets, or they could be used for a missile shield to stop a Russian missile attack, upsetting the balance of deterrence. 

It ended up with the plan being dropped when Russia said it would station missiles in Kaliningrad in response. 

The fear in Moscow is, if Ukraine became a NATO member, missiles could be stationed there that would be a couple of minutes away from them. 

Putin seemed OK with the Donbas situation until something happened earlier this year, that changed everything. 

I won't speculate, but for some reason, he went all in. 

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The sweepstake on voter turnout and result percentages definitely needs doing though. 😏

Why, have your handlers from the Kremlin already sent you the results? 😆

I’m joking of course - your handler isn’t from the Kremlin, he’s from Oz according to his profile 😆😆

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Just a bit of tounge in cheek banter, I respect others rights to have a different opinion (although I'm not sure some Ukrainians would feel that way). My view is that it's blindingly obvious whos in the wrong in this war and the fact Russia invaded its neighbour for no good reason is the end, that's without all the atrocities and war crimes they have committed. 

I also hold some pretty unpopular views, like I said in the beginning, I feel nato should have moved into Ukraine, declared they are no threat to any Russian soil, but kicked them out of Ukraine and called putin the despots bluff of pressing his red button. All these dictators are the same, there's nothing they fear more than loosing power and above that, their own safety, Putin knows if he fired a single nuke at any nato country, that would be the end of him. 

Para 1 : Agree entirely 

Para 2 : I fear you could be right 

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

Why, have your handlers from the Kremlin already sent you the results? 😆

I’m joking of course - your handler isn’t from the Kremlin, he’s from Oz according to his profile

Because its entertaining, a bit like your jolly attempts to paint people who disagree with you as Russian spies 😂

The only handler I have is sat beside me on this rather pleasant beach, getting me to buy her very expensive cocktails. 

All paid for by the Kremlin obviously 🙊

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Declaring you're no threat, whilst pointing thousands of nukes at them, and training and equipping an army to fight them? 

Would be the end of life as we know it I'm afraid. 

Deterrence requires balance, that's why both Russia and the US have similar numbers of warheads, when the balance becomes skewed, it causes issues within the concept of deterrence. 

A good example of this is when the US/NATO decided it was going to place SM3 anti ballistic missiles in Poland, on the pretext of defending against Iranian ICBMs {that didn't exist}, the Russians were having none of it, on one hand these SM3s could be fitted with nuclear warheads for attacking ground targets, or they could be used for a missile shield to stop a Russian missile attack, upsetting the balance of deterrence. 

It ended up with the plan being dropped when Russia said it would station missiles in Kaliningrad in response. 

The fear in Moscow is, if Ukraine became a NATO member, missiles could be stationed there that would be a couple of minutes away from them. 

Putin seemed OK with the Donbas situation until something happened earlier this year, that changed everything. 

I won't speculate, but for some reason, he went all in. 

We in the west aren't whiter than white either, but compared to Putin we are saints. Let's be honest would any Nato country launch an unprovoked attack, much less nuclear against Russia, the idea is preposterous, we might well be trying to tip the balance of any war into our favour, but nato is never going to start one with Russia, could the same be said for Putin with his USSR aspirations? 

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

😂

The only handler I have is sat beside me on this rather pleasant beach, getting me to buy her very expensive cocktails. 

🙊

If shes anything like mine, you'll be getting a slap in a minute and being told to stop keyboard warrioring with strangers on the Internet 😂

11 hours ago, ordnance said:

Obviously there are plenty of men in Russia that can be forced into he army, as for equipment i doubt you know what equipment and how good it is they are receiving. 

Probably something  like first man you take the rifle second you take the bullets.

30 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

we might well be trying to tip the balance of any war into our favour, but nato is never going to start one with Russia, could the same be said for Putin with his USSR aspirations?

The problem is, this is {with some justification} what Russia thinks is already happening, western money and weapons, in the hands of Ukrainians, fighting Russia. 

Or we can say, putin is mad , wants the USSR back, so invaded Ukraine because he fancied it? 

The truth might very well be somewhere in between, but I doubt we'll ever know it. 

The reality is clear though, bodies, rubble and debt. 

30 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

If shes anything like mine, you'll be getting a slap in a minute and being told to stop keyboard warrioring with strangers on the Internet 😂

I'm getting the eye now 😂

21 hours ago, Mungler said:

Errrr show me a proper referendum where the voters are verified and the procedure witnessed and checked as democratic, fair and independent - oh hang on, that’s never going to happen. Let’s have a sham one now anyway eh?
😆

EDIT

I can’t wait until they announce the postal votes on this referendum 😆😆

Interestingly here is an interview with a supervisor of external international observers, checking the procedures, checking its as fair as possible. Chain of custody and all that. They aren't the UN but so be it. Just fast forward to 29:05.

8 minutes ago, mchughcb said:

Interestingly here is an interview with a supervisor of external international observers, checking the procedures, checking its as fair as possible. Chain of custody and all that. They aren't the UN but so be it. Just fast forward to 29:05.

Patrick Lancaster is the biggest and best known Russian shill on the planet right now. To try and punt anything with his finger prints on as objective or truthful is the most bizarre thing yet. Everything he does is straight from the Kremlin.

And as for that interview - blimey, where to start. How about the credentials of everyone involved including the interviewee. 

You are lost. Absolutely bonkerooney if you actually believe half the nonsense you scrape off the bowels of the internet.

27 minutes ago, mchughcb said:

You can believe what you want to believe. 

Patrick Lancaster is a fully paid up card carrying platinum member of the Putin fan club and that’s a fact. He’s not made an objective report about anything to do with this war. Indeed, like you, find me where he’s said anything negative, critical or potentially balanced against Putin.

Just now, mchughcb said:

I find most of the time he interviews people and let's them talk. 

To punt a video / any video of Lancaster on here to try and suggest that the referendum is ‘legit’ - that’s just beyond mental. 

Again, find me any clip or snippet of him (or you) saying anything critical or negative of Putin.

An interesting glimpse at your view of balanced or impartial reporting.  Amazing that with all we now know and what we can see going on, Putin still escapes any critical review from a dwindling few. 

Beyond mental? Pure Bedlam.

There are some strange videos where he's conducting an interview at the mariupol steel factory while a poor woman's body is burning in the background killed by a sniper from the steel works. Later he's handing out bread rolls to long suffering residents. He's out there but I don't mind it.

But it’s a random guy on YouTube so must be true.🤔😀

Just type in “Patrick Lancaster fact check”  in google gives you all you need to know, he’s  been involved with staged propaganda, family move to Russia and wild conspiracy theories rather than independent reporting.

I think he is the modern day Lord Haw Haw.

I’m no fan of the Main Stream Media but pretty much everything no matter what side by random people on YouTube sell to a specific audience.

This model of journalism needs subscribers and/or crowdfunding to make money.  The only way is to set your channel up is with confirmation bias in mind for either side pro or against Putin.   

If you upset your core subscribers with independent balanced thoughts then watch your channel tank.

People who don’t need it as their primary income can be more independent but their channels don’t get the publicity. 

Edited by timps

8 minutes ago, timps said:

This model of journalism needs subscribers and/or crowdfunding to make money.  The only way is to set your channel up is with confirmation bias in mind for either side

/\ This - which is why you are wasting your time looking to media like You Tube for unbiased reporting.  I have largely kept out of this thread since the early days because it is fundamentally about a pack of lies - confirmed by using Patrick Lancaster as 'evidence' of 'external international observers'.

Just look at the title of the thread; the 'military operation' was nothing short of a brutal land grabbing invasion.

The silent majority slowly step forward and back into the thread having had enough of 100+ pages of Russian aggression loving nonsense 😆

Patrick Lancaster as the final straw - that fella is the modern day equivalent of Lord Haw Haw and anyone who punts him as factual or objective needs their bumps felt.

4 hours ago, mchughcb said:

Oh come on , if you trhink this is unbiased news then you are off your rocker, if you follow and agree with this person then you are nothing but a russian supporter.

"Lancaster's videos have frequently been described as Russian propaganda and disinformation, and he has also often unwittingly exposed information of Russian war crimes, even revealing the identities of their perpetrators, and knowingly filmed staged events"

6 minutes ago, canthitathing said:

It’s Yearrrrrrs since I’ve been on this site and I’m utterly thrilled to find nothing has changed😂😂

Oh ****** you are back do we need to find you a good coach and make sure you get a gun that  fits and is Peter’s website still up 😂😂😂 welcome back 

Edited by timps

11 minutes ago, timps said:

Oh ****** you are back do we need to find you a good coach and make sure you get a gun that  fits and is Peter’s website still up 😂😂😂 welcome back 

it might only be a flying visit, I’m not sure if I have the youthful exuberance I once had for  countering the “enthusiastic” threads on here. Clearly you and Mungler have😂😂
And come on!…Petes the man!!!! 3m lead on a rabbit…priceless 

Here’s a Good(e) coach for you 

BB93A56E-7813-4B04-8F12-DAC559ED74F4.jpeg

Edited by canthitathing

8 hours ago, mchughcb said:

:lol: 😂

Edited by ordnance