Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Which incensed the populace so much, they decided to stage protests, that werent at all paid for by the US government, which ended with a coup, much bloodshed and 8 years of civil war , 15000 dead , and division of the nation that resulted in Russia invading and destroying half the country.

Guess they really wanted to be part of the EU didnt they ?

Until it all breaks down.

Someone needs to tell Krankie that 

Have you seen the chav militia in Grimsby , unchecked they would be in Doncaster within a week 🤪

Are you a Lavrov love child? Just wondering from the pro aggression stance.

Today Putin declares martial law in occupied parts of Ukraine.

As always, a so called army of liberation becomes an army of occupation in very short period of time. Therefore, it seems that all these pro-Russian regions with 99.23% of the population wanting Russian involvement cannot be trusted by Russia.

Who’d have thought  🙄😄.

29 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

My mrs is from Donny! 

Lovely place , had many a pleasant day there for the St Ledger , would be a terrible shame if it were invaded by the Grimsbyists :lol:

1 minute ago, timps said:

Today Putin declares martial law in occupied parts of Ukraine.

Thats terrible ! The mans a tyrant !

Its a good Job good king Zelensky isnt like that...Oh ...wait..

2022 martial law[edit]

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy declared martial law on 24 February 2022, in response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Speaking in a televised address to the nation shortly before 7 a.m., he clarified that all able-bodied men from 18-60 years old were not allowed to leave the country as the country began a general mobilization of all reserve forces.[24][failed verification] According to the official facebook page of the Ukraine State Border Guard Service, as of September 29 2022, this prohibition of border-crossing remains in effect.

On 26 February, Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko declared a curfew from 5pm to 8am every day to expose Russian subversives.[25] The curfew was lifted on 28 February after a two-day search for Russian commando forces.[26]

On 20 March, President Zelenskyy signed a decree that merged all national television channels into one platform due to martial law.[27][28] That same day, he signed a decree suspending the activities of eleven opposition political parties, citing claimed ties to the Russian government, throughout the duration of martial law; the parties included the pro-Russian Opposition Platform — For Life, the second-largest party in the Verkhovna Rada.[29][30] On 22 May the Ukrainian parliament extended martial law for another 90 days, or until 20 August.[31] On 16 August, martial law was again extended until 21 November.[32]

1 hour ago, mchughcb said:

Yes. Fair enough that's too bad because he is interviewed about why he made his choice. I'd rather hear it first hand than read it second hand on wikipedia.

Ah, now we have the Clinton/Lewinski move; "I never had sexual relations..." 

Re wiki; using it as a primary source would be wrong, so many students are told to go to the sources/citations and work from there, compare, contrast and critique. The Internet etc should be used like that so one avoids as much confirmation bias as possible. So now that you know this you can try it out next time you post a video link etc and avoid the banana skin of bias.

18 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Thats terrible ! The mans a tyrant !

Its a good Job good king Zelensky isnt like that...Oh ...wait..

I knew that would get the first response out of you and I knew exactly what the response would be, I’m starting to believe Mungler about your dacha now.😂😜

Anyway, last time I looked Zelenskyy was Ukrainian and their democratically elected president and Putin, well isn’t Ukrainian or democratically elected. Therefore, when the president of an invading superpower instigates martial law in occupied sorry liberated land it’s a bit different than the president of Ukraine doing it.

8 minutes ago, timps said:

I knew that would get the first response out of you and I knew exactly what the response would be, I’m starting to believe Mungler about your dacha now.

You keep believing Mungler , you wont go far wrong, if youre good , he'll show you his lizard  😆
If hes right, I get a dacha, and you two get defender of Ukraine medals, and an evening of wokery at he National Virtue Signalling awards :lol:

11 minutes ago, timps said:

Anyway, last time I looked Zelenskyy was Ukrainian and their democratically elected president and Putin, well isn’t Ukrainian or democratically elected. Therefore, when the president of an invading superpower instigates martial law in occupied sorry liberated land it’s a bit different than the president of Ukraine doing it.

Its an odd one saying big Z has been democratically elected, he did indeed get 75 % of the vote, in a strange election campaign , where he didnt actually have a manifesto.
That said , they didnt include the separatists in the election, but yet they still consider them part of Ukraine, so they dont get any representation in the RADA , is that Ukrainian style democracy ?
Its worth looking at the back story  (preferably an unbiased one) of Mr Zelensky, his links to oligarchs , his rags to (off shore) riches story, and how he vowed to tackle corruption , and then did nothing.
His vow to end the civil war in Donbass is going well though 😆

6 hours ago, Jaymo said:

By that logic. 
Vast areas of Britain with clusters where English is a second language, could declare themselves an independent state. 
Then could they legitimately call upon their home nation to come and defend them? 
Any dissolution of a Nation, need’s agreement from the Nation as a whole? 

But I’m equally happy for Grimsby to declare independence 😂😂

A bit like Wales did?

46 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

If hes right, I get a dacha, and you two get defender of Ukraine medals, and an evening of wokery at he National Virtue Signalling awards 

I’ve never been called woke before, my son’s girlfriend will be pleased as I’ve seemed to have transcended from her opinion of inappropriate sarcastic to woke.  But your response was to attack Zelenskyy rather than defend Putin’s actions.

However, you seem to miss my point which was an army of liberation becomes an army of occupation in very short period of time.

History has taught us throughout the years, that a foreign army on foreign land may well be there at the behest of the majority of the population. However, once you start with martial law and controlling the population like a foreign police force on a day-to-day basis rather than fight the so-called common enemy watch the good will sour.

You then lose the moderates and those indifferent to the Russian presence who were broadly supportive, then ultimately it turns nasty as they all see you as a foreign army of occupation impeding and controlling their life and not as allies.

The same doesn’t happen with the Ukraine troops on Ukraine soil, the anger may one day be directed at Zelenskyy but not Ukrainian presence so all you need is just to change Zelenskyy as Ukrainians will always be present.

46 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Its an odd one saying big Z has been democratically elected, he did indeed get 75 % of the vote,

What would you call someone who gets 75% of the vote, I get you don’t like him and you don’t like what he stood for however the Ukrainians did hence why he’s democratically elected regardless of whether you like him or not, that’s how it works, not odd at all.

Edited by timps

47 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

A bit like Wales did?

Not quite. 

The referendum of 1997 put forward a narrow margin in favour of independence ( similar numbers for Brexit and only 50 odd percent turnout). 
Further devolution powers were granted but still fall under the auspices of Westminster. 
That’s my understanding of the Welsh situation. 

So not really like the Donbass at all, as supposedly the region rejected any input from Kyiv.

29 minutes ago, mchughcb said:

Of all people, Zelensky was named in the Panama Papers. 

For gods sake, if your going to try and strengthen your argument. At least get your linked references right. 
He was included in the Pandora Papers, not the Panama Papers……

1 hour ago, timps said:

However, you seem to miss my point which was an army of liberation becomes an army of occupation in very short period of time.

Now where have I heard that before ?
Hearts and minds, its on the tip of my tongue....

1 hour ago, timps said:

History has taught us throughout the years, that a foreign army on foreign land may well be there at the behest of the majority of the population. However, once you start with martial law and controlling the population like a foreign police force on a day-to-day basis rather than fight the so-called common enemy watch the good will sour.

You then lose the moderates and those indifferent to the Russian presence who were broadly supportive, then ultimately it turns nasty as they all see you as a foreign army of occupation impeding and controlling their life and not as allies.

Thats the one , like the Iraqis and Afghans invited the Americans in to err, help them ? 

1 hour ago, timps said:

What would you call someone who gets 75% of the vote

A fix ?

26 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Thats the one , like the Iraqis and Afghans invited the Americans in to err, help them ? 

A fix ?

More random look over there, look back there at that from decades ago and what about….

Oh, and the percentage of the vote Putin achieved in the democracy that is Russia? I think Putin booked 78% of the vote but he did murder and imprison any significant opposition and the next best candidate he was running against happened to be his god daughter - what are the odds? 😆😆

Edited by Mungler

On 18/10/2022 at 10:57, Stonepark said:

It's looking at the conflict maps available online and where they are getting shot down and by whom.

Even Wikipedia is keeping a running total of reported aircraft losses on both sides.

Try @Rybar on telegram if you want to see what is happening in close to real time.

In other words you make it up.

Hang on this is important.

McHughCB, Stonepark, Rewulf’s reports back to their handlers have lead to this disaster. Turns out the Kremlin wrongly assumed no one liked and wouldn’t follow Zelensky and NATO wouldn’t help.

Blimey, it’s like the Kremlin has been reading this forum thread from the start and filled their own heads with nonsense from their very own stooges 😀

BA390364-4018-491B-BB97-B112F4DDF2FA.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Hang on this is important.

McHughCB, Stonepark, Rewulf’s reports back to their handlers have lead to this disaster. Turns out the Kremlin wrongly assumed no one liked and wouldn’t follow Zelensky and NATO wouldn’t help.

Blimey, it’s like the Kremlin has been reading this forum thread from the start and filled their own heads with nonsense from their very own stooges 😀

BA390364-4018-491B-BB97-B112F4DDF2FA.jpeg

Just one on a long list of miscalculations by Putin / Russia.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

A fix ?

Ahhh so your rebuttal is to just critique the Americans again, it would have only helped you win the debate if I’d have said that it only applied to the Russians. However, as I didn’t you have just made my point for me again.

Therefore, what are you inferring?

Your posts do confuse me, I made a post that Putin made a mistake in declaring martial law and all your subsequent replies regarding that post just criticize the USA or Zelenskyy but not Putin.

Are you now agreeing with me that Putin made a mistake declaring marital law?

Or are you just wanting to criticise the USA and Zelenskyy but not Putin rather than debating the actual point made?

Regarding the 75% being a fix.

In the first round he only got 30.3% and not over the 50% threshold required to become president so a rubbish fix. It then went to the second final round of voting with only two candidates and seeing as he was widely seen as a protest candidate that appeals to younger voters he was likely to pick up votes from other candidates, (the anybody but Poroshenkoso vote) what % would you not consider a fix in this second round?

Edited by timps

2 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Poor old Putin must have got terrible intel.

He probably thought Zelensky would be gone and that there would be a Russian victory by the end of June 😆😄👊

Putin holds the record for the longest 3 day war :lol:

2 hours ago, timps said:

Your posts do confuse me, I made a post that Putin made a mistake in declaring martial law and all your subsequent replies regarding that post just criticize the USA or Zelenskyy but not Putin.

Are you now agreeing with me that Putin made a mistake declaring marital law

Your posts do confuse me too. 

Because this bit where you say Putin made a mistake declaring martial law is where exactly? 

Are you confused about what you've said? 😂