Question, what is pea shot?

I've been asked by a mate who's acquired some 10 bore cartridges and one lot say 3.5mm Pea Shot, neither of us had heard of this but an internet search brings up quite a varied outcome but NOT for the faint hearted (don't ask - needles in bad places). I hope the answer is simple as in its shot the size of a pea, but we'd like to know either way

H

39 minutes ago, thebigH91 said:

I've been asked by a mate who's acquired some 10 bore cartridges and one lot say 3.5mm Pea Shot, neither of us had heard of this but an internet search brings up quite a varied outcome but NOT for the faint hearted (don't ask - needles in bad places). I hope the answer is simple as in its shot the size of a pea, but we'd like to know either way

H

Your thoughts would make sense, pea sized.

19 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Definitely nontoxic.... 🤣

7 hours ago, wymberley said:

When all we have is pea shooters, I've calculated that for a petit pois with a MV of 1350 ft/sec the effective range for pigeon is 3.5 yards. 

Ran the above using recognised ballistic info' except just used S1 (G1) (obviously I'm well bored) See what happens if you put a No 9 shot in the pea and use 1450 MV. Now substitute the pea for something frangible non toxic and the same size and weight - 0.394" and 113/oz.