Lead/CPSA

Wylye

Yes. Being only 86% of the size, I believe if you use the same choke size you’ll get a tighter constriction of shot for the comparable choke and gun. 
I’d also suggest a smaller and lighter gun will have a different level of recoil due to rise and weight making the second shot take a slight different time to get back on target. They may be only 5-10% variances but not like for like. 

comparing 12ga to 28ga will have a higher mathematical variance and also weight and size will adjust recoil etc. 

Are you suggesting 24g in 12ga and 28ga feels and handles the same? If not then we are on the same page. If so then I’d love to learn. 

10 hours ago, HantsRob said:

Are you suggesting 24g in 12ga and 28ga feels and handles the same? If not then we are on the same page. If so then I’d love to learn. 

No, I am saying that 24 gram of shot from either gun will kill the same.

The feel and handling will depend on the gun. My friend has a pair of Guerini 28 bores which weigh nearly 3/4 lb more than my 12.

11 hours ago, HantsRob said:

Yes. Being only 86% of the size, I believe if you use the same choke size you’ll get a tighter constriction of shot for the comparable choke and gun. 
I’d also suggest a smaller and lighter gun will have a different level of recoil due to rise and weight making the second shot take a slight different time to get back on target. They may be only 5-10% variances but not like for like. 

comparing 12ga to 28ga will have a higher mathematical variance and also weight and size will adjust recoil etc. 

Totally depends on the gun 

24 gram is a lot for a 28 bore 🙄

im looking at a Winchester set at the moment 

1 action 12 bore + 3 sets of barrels and forends all weighing the same when assembled 

4.10 28 20 and 12 used for a skeet discipline 

1 hour ago, London Best said:

No, I am saying that 24 gram of shot from either gun will kill the same.

Oh, yes. That I completely agree with.

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

Totally depends on the gun 

24 gram is a lot for a 28 bore 🙄

im looking at a Winchester set at the moment 

1 action 12 bore + 3 sets of barrels and forends all weighing the same when assembled 

4.10 28 20 and 12 used for a skeet discipline 

I'd love to see more actions that can take multiple bores. That would save money potentially, that could then mean a nicer action and flexibility! 

That sounds really good though..... pics if you buy it? :D

9 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

I'd love to see more actions that can take multiple bores. That would save money potentially, that could then mean a nicer action and flexibility! 

That sounds really good though..... pics if you buy it? :D

Not going to buy it no skeet range here and virtually obsolete with the pending legislation 

its not uncommon to find different caliber barrels for one action or different length/choke barrels for the same gun 

we will be seeing a lot of change in the gun and cartridge industry in the next few years 

5 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Not going to buy it no skeet range here and virtually obsolete with the pending legislation 

its not uncommon to find different caliber barrels for one action or different length/choke barrels for the same gun 

we will be seeing a lot of change in the gun and cartridge industry in the next few years 

Indeed, a friend has one action with a pair of 8 and 4 bore double tubes.

11 hours ago, HantsRob said:

That sounds really good though..... pics if you buy it?

I have. Guerini Maxum with 20 and 28 gauge barrels/forends. Just a few ounces difference in weight so handles essentially the same in both.. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/11/2022 at 16:00, TOPGUN749 said:

When I started clay shooting in 1977 the standard load was 32 grams in a 12 bore for all disciplines I think,and this only changed in 1989-90.,while game cartridges were usually 30 grams,some 28 or 32 though.

Wish they would leave out changes,32 grams was ok 45 years ago and could be now.

I'm guessing that you were using winchester AA100's as most of us did.