Stew weather

harrycatcat1

Tonight's winter warmer / can't be ***** tea is beef minced meat & gravey with carrots & pea's & big dollop of homemade mash. Was going to be chilli con carne but turns out I didn't have all the stuff in for that so went back to a firm favourite childhood food my mum used to make us all as kids.

All the usual suspects onions , carrots , pea's , bay leaf , pinch of thyme , Worcestershire sauce & beef stock let it bubble away & bisto gravey browning to thicken just missing the slices of buttered white bread to mop it up with! 

20221127_171211.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I note a two bottle of red tea ?

just about the same hear but presented as cottage pie .

all the same but no bay leaf but half a bottle of dark ale to give some body oh and sapped worstishire sauce for Henderson’s!

Agriv8 

Ps doubled up so further cottage pie later in the week! 

2 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Do I note a two bottle of red tea ?

just about the same hear but presented as cottage pie .

all the same but no bay leaf but half a bottle of dark ale to give some body oh and sapped worstishire sauce for Henderson’s!

Agriv8 

Ps doubled up so further cottage pie later in the week! 

Red wine always! In the tea or with it as company pairs well with a nice wood burner to heat the room while you tuck in! Cheese & Crackers to follow i think 

10 hours ago, Gameking said:

100 % BEEF cottage pie, gravy and cabbage. For the none fish lovers 😁😍

IMG_20221127_191700_resized_20221128_082822582 cottage pie 2 nov 22.jpg

IMG_20221127_191802_resized_20221128_082822267 cottage pie nov 22.jpg

I've just done a cottage pie today to eat tomorrow but you've reminded me to get cabbage to have with it 😉👍

edited to say yours looks lovely 😋😋

Edited by harrycatcat1

A cheat (well sort of cheat) today.  When placing my Ocado order - the 'half price flash sales' included both partridge breasts and venison meatballs. - so having missed out this year on any partridges, I ordered.

The game was supplied (to Ocado) by Hampshire game and was very nicely done and presented.

I made a stew/casserole with them all with stock, onions, carrots, mushrooms and celery seasoned with bay leaf, thyme and Worcester sauce and made plenty of tasty gravy.  A quarter of it made a generous dinner with cabbage, mashed swede, chilli fried leeks, sprouts and mashed potato.

IMG_3576.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...