Boots online

old'un

Don't know if its the same with other businesses but be aware of Boots the Chemists policy on non delivery of items ordered online.

Ordered a number of things for the wife for Christmas, gets an email saying its on its way with a tracking number, couple of days later another one saying the parcel had been delivered, no it hadn't, contacts Boots with difficulty, was told they would contact Royal mail, couple of days later I get an email from Boots saying their investigation and photo evidence from the Royal mail says the parcel was delivered to my address, I asked for a copy of this photo, which they sent, only to see the parcel on the doorstep of a completely different house, I contacted them again telling them so and was told the investigation had concluded and that the order was delivered and there would be nothing further they could do, I asked about a refund but as far as they were concerned the parcel had been delivered and the case was now closed, no refund and no parcel.

There is a happy ending to this, :yahoo: a knock on the door and a young lady standing there with a parcel, the Royal mail had delivered it half a mile away to a completely different address and post code, I was lucky that the lady was honest enough to find my house and deliver it

Edited by old'un

21 hours ago, old'un said:

Don't know if its the same with other businesses but be aware of Boots the Chemists policy on non delivery of items ordered online.

Ordered a number of things for the wife for Christmas, gets an email saying its on its way with a tracking number, couple of days later another one saying the parcel had been delivered, no it hadn't, contacts Boots with difficulty, was told they would contact Royal mail, couple of days later I get an email from Boots saying their investigation and photo evidence from the Royal mail says the parcel was delivered to my address, I asked for a copy of this photo, which they sent, only to see the parcel on the doorstep of a completely different house, I contacted them again telling them so and was told the investigation had concluded and that the order was delivered and there would be nothing further they could do, I asked about a refund but as far as they were concerned the parcel had been delivered and the case was now closed, no refund and no parcel.

There is a happy ending to this, :yahoo: a knock on the door and a young lady standing there with a parcel, the Royal mail had delivered it half a mile away to a completely different address and post code, I was lucky that the lady was honest enough to find my house and deliver it

The ending makes the experience worthwhile, seasons wasnames old-un

I have had similar problems getting stuff delivered to our address.

We live a 4  xxxxx Court, the lady who lived a 4 xxxxx Way used to get a lot of our stuff delivered to her but she always brought it round.

Then she died and the people in there now keep everything and won't even answer the door to us.

So now, whenever possible we get stuff delivered to a pick up point or a local convenience store. That seems to work.

14 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I have had similar problems getting stuff delivered to our address.

We live a 4  xxxxx Court, the lady who lived a 4 xxxxx Way used to get a lot of our stuff delivered to her but she always brought it round.

Then she died and the people in there now keep everything and won't even answer the door to us.

So now, whenever possible we get stuff delivered to a pick up point or a local convenience store. That seems to work.

So they are like those ones of the advert - always makes my wife laugh