Televised Fox Hunting On The Evening News

marsh man

53 minutes ago, Westley said:

Dress it up however you like, a pigeon shooter, game shooter or wildfowler, we shoot because we ENJOY it  ! ( with one possible exception, who deserves a medal.........for entertaining the rest of us ! )

You will be telling us next that you kill and retrieve EVERYTHING you shoot at too  ?    

25 minutes ago, Scully said:

Not true at all! It carries as much weight as a big massive weighty thing! 
Whilst it’s true vermin control is needed, there isn’t one person in the land who is shooting live quarry because they dislike it. Not one. 
If you’re not enjoying yourself then stop doing it, it’s as simple as that. 
I used to shoot a lot of foxes and roe, but I don’t enjoy it any longer so have stopped doing it, to the extent I sold my CF rifle sometime ago….px’d it for a self loader so I can shoot more bolting bunnies, which I thoroughly enjoy. 
I’d make a lousy keeper though because I like mustelids, and refuse to trap or kill them. 
It’s simple; not enjoying yourself? Then stop doing it? 

I'm glad a few of you aren't kidding yourselves 👍

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Whilst it’s true vermin control is needed, there isn’t one person in the land who is shooting live quarry because they dislike it. Not one. 
I used to shoot a lot of foxes and roe, but I don’t enjoy it any longer so have stopped doing it, to the extent I sold my CF rifle sometime ago….px’d it for a self loader so I can shoot more bolting bunnies, which I thoroughly enjoy. 
I’d make a lousy keeper though because I like mustelids, and refuse to trap or kill them. 

Sorry I don't think I explained my point very well. 

What I was trying to say is that it doesn't matter if if you enjoy it or not, what matters is that it hunting with hounds is now illegal because society finds it abhorrent and barbaric and I don't believe that will change anytime soon. 

To sum it up, hunting fox with hounds is finished and anyone who continues to do so is nothing more than a criminal. 

30 minutes ago, London Best said:

This has all been a new experience for me.

Never before have I ever encountered anti-shooting shooters!

Got to be honest, I'm certainly not anti shooting but I am against the hunt for the reasons I've posted about earlier and I'm not the only one who shoots that has found the same, just read some of the experiences on here, other country folk who take the morality issue aside l, are simply fed up with many of the hunts behaviour. 

3 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Got to be honest, I'm certainly not anti shooting but I am against the hunt for the reasons I've posted about earlier and I'm not the only one who shoots that has found the same, just read some of the experiences on here, other country folk who take the morality issue aside l, are simply fed up with many of the hunts behaviour. 

nobody here is anti shooting prob just sour grapes police have now arrested three of them and rightly so 

45 minutes ago, London Best said:

This has all been a new experience for me.

Never before have I ever encountered anti-shooting shooters!

I'm sure you can of failed to notice that one part of the shooting community is only to willing to throw other shooters under the bus if they think it will help take the heat off of their branch of shooting!

9 minutes ago, bluesj said:

I'm sure you can of failed to notice that one part of the shooting community is only to willing to throw other shooters under the bus if they think it will help take the heat off of their branch of shooting!

I don't think that's true in the vast majority of cases. That said, imo many hunts have bought the demise of their sport on their own head, risking shootings future in the process, while expecting us to rally to their defence. 

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

if that’s anti shooting understanding it is beyond you but don’t let that stop your trolling 

Ok, if you’re not anti shooting, would you care to explain all the anti game shooting comments you’ve made on here? There’s plenty of them and easy to find. 
Or are you just a hypocrite? 

Edited by Scully

2 hours ago, Scully said:

There must be loads of landowners/ farmers  who shoot  , but  don't enjoy it .

They do it because  they have  to , to protect  there crops or live stock .

They don't find it entertaining  , it just another  job protecting  stock .

This original  post  was about  the wrong doing  of that particular  hunt . 

Not about fellow shooters falling out. 

18 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

There must be loads of landowners/ farmers  who shoot  , but  don't enjoy it .

They do it because  they have  to , to protect  there crops or live stock .

They don't find it entertaining  , it just another  job protecting  stock .

This original  post  was about  the wrong doing  of that particular  hunt . 

Not about fellow shooters falling out. 

Quite possibly, but I don’t know any. 🤷‍♂️

I know a lot of farmers however, who don’t shoot,( possibly because they don’t enjoy it, who knows? )  but who are quite happy to allow others who do enjoy it, on their land to do so. 

Another showing on the I T N news tonight of a Fox going into someones back garden and the pack of dogs following it before killing it , one of the members of the hunt then climbed over the fence and hid it in his jacket , the police are investigating and I believe it was the West Norfolk Hunt , no doubt another one will find it hard to continue after the fore coming  public outburst .