Wales greyhound racing

captainhastings

“Look at all them farm animals - they are being used - we must stop it”

ten years later

”do you remember when this used to be fields with lovely animals on them? Now there is just Solar panels, wind turbines and batteries. I wonder what happened”

”what happened? You got your way, that’s what happened. They replaced agriculture and they are milking you - you have become the new cattle”

1 hour ago, discobob said:

ten years later

”do you remember when this used to be fields with lovely animals on them? Now there is just Solar panels, wind turbines and batteries. I wonder what happened”

”what happened? You got your way, that’s what happened. They replaced agriculture and they are milking you - you have become the new cattle”

Spot on, that looks like the new future with the ruling few % raking in the fat profits from their monopolised import companies. 

On 29/02/2024 at 06:32, Rim Fire said:

The last thing you need on a family beach is a dog 💩 on it where children are playing even  if you are a responsible owner and pick up the mess behind you 

A family beach! What's one of them then?

37 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

A family beach! What's one of them then?

It's where a family goes and no dogs allowed 🤣

At least i didn't sign a petition to ban hunting on hunting and shooting forum talk about hypocrisy   

Edited by Rim Fire

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

It's where a family goes and no dogs allowed 🤣

At least i didn't sign a petition to ban hunting on hunting and shooting forum talk about hypocrisy   

So what beaches do single people go to, single beaches?

Someone's a little upset, funny how you agree with the hunts who trample all over others private land, yet want dogs banned from public beaches. Before we derail a thread, if you'd like to discuss it further, feel free to pm me or start a new thread.

25 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

So what beaches do single people go to, single beaches?

Someone's a little upset, funny how you agree with the hunts who trample all over others private land, yet want dogs banned from public beaches. Before we derail a thread, if you'd like to discuss it further, feel free to pm me or start a new thread.

🤣🤣🤣 was it something i said they say the truth always hurts you signed it not me and told me about my hypocrisy    

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

🤣🤣🤣 was it something i said they say the truth always hurts you signed it not me and told me about my hypocrisy    

The truth in this case really doesn't hurt, we'll at least not me anyway! You I'm not so sure. And your right I did, but the hunts were already banned and the countryside is a better place for it. Perhaps if they hadn't gone around damaging people's property and abusing land owners, they would still be able to do it.

Y

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

The truth in this case really doesn't hurt, we'll at least not me anyway! You I'm not so sure. And your right I did, but the hunts were already banned and the countryside is a better place for it. Perhaps if they hadn't gone around damaging people's property and abusing land owners, they would still be able to do it.

You may be right we won't know but you attacked  me with my hipocrisy in my eyes there was no need for it when you was more  hypocritical than I was I won't reply  to anymore  comments  you make and I dare say over 80 percent of this forum would say the same about dogs crapping on a beach where family's play with children

Edited by Rim Fire

7 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Y

You may be right we won't know but you attacked  me with my hipocrisy in my eyes there was no need for it when you was more  hypocritical than I was I won't reply  to anymore  comments  you make and I dare say over 80 percent of this forum would say the same about dogs crapping on a beach where family's play with children

No worries, like I said, if you want to discuss it further, feel free to start a new topic or pm me 👍

On 29/02/2024 at 15:14, discobob said:

ten years later

Exactly this - was reading about a grouse moor owner who is now stopping grouse shooting and the management and filling the moor with wind turbines

All the moaners are crying about this now - i said be careful for what you wish as the grouse moor management brings the vista and so much life

Its like how they moan about hunting - if we had not had it we would have so many fewer habitats 

As an ex dog Racer myself, I really don't know why they are bothering with this. The sport is dying naturally anyway. As far as I am aware there is only one track left in Wales and that a small flapping track.

The UK used to have well over an hundred tracks and at the last count there are only about 23 left and some of those are barely hanging on.

10 hours ago, TRINITY said:

As an ex dog Racer myself, I really don't know why they are bothering with this. The sport is dying naturally anyway. As far as I am aware there is only one track left in Wales and that a small flapping track.

The UK used to have well over an hundred tracks and at the last count there are only about 23 left and some of those are barely hanging on.

To be frank, most so called country pursuits are slowly fading away?

A combination of subtle hidden pressure from those of influence coupled with a public who seem offended by everything, sets the scene?

56 minutes ago, old man said:

To be frank, most so called country pursuits are slowly fading away

Can’t say I’ve noticed shooting fading away at all. 
There are so many wanting to do it that there are not enough permissions to go round and everyone is stabbing each other in the back to get one.

58 minutes ago, clangerman said:

was time you could take a man’s woman but his dog car and perms were of limits lol 

Once was invited to one of those parties where you chuck your car keys into a hat and draw some out. Didn’t go. Didn’t want some idiot driving my car!

3 hours ago, London Best said:

Can’t say I’ve noticed shooting fading away at all. 
There are so many wanting to do it that there are not enough permissions to go round and everyone is stabbing each other in the back to get one.

Maybe i'm a bit jaded?

Less perms to go around equals a fade to me, your location possibly has more locations than here? Certainly some have far more than can effectively be managed from a proper perspective but possession rules.

An over populated, less tolerant and very diverse society certainly doesn't help keep country persuits alive, as it has led to many new laws and less space and tolerance to go around.

I also think as times naturally change, the traditions of some of these sports don't keep up, as I discussed with another member on this thread earlier, hunting fox with hounds was certainly one that is no longer necessary, outdated, deemed cruel by the wider public and in my opinion im glad it is no longer legal, as all it did was tarnish the sport of shooting and its reputation.