Car Battery recommendation , Sons old Vauxhall Mariva

oldypigeonpopper

10 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, as above just want a cheap and cheerful to my wallet battery πŸ™„πŸ˜, local tyre shop, Β£136 πŸ€”πŸ€” cheers

Last January the 13 year old original battery on my diesel Defender was giving notice. I went to County Batteries and asked for the best battery money could buy and it was over Β£30 cheaper than your quote.

1 hour ago, Stephen-H said:

Varta & bosch are the best battery makes wouldn't buy cheap car battery tbh. If your car has stop start technology this will drive the price up massively on the price for a batteryΒ 

Hello, the Mariva is not worth paying top money as it's old and nearly worn out, bit like me πŸ€”πŸ™„πŸ˜

1 hour ago, Ferretlurcher1970 said:

Scrap yard ?

Yes we have one quite near so will give them a call, Β£136 πŸ€”πŸ™„, there is the same tyre shop company here so I will see if they over priced,Β 

13 hours ago, Stephen-H said:

Varta & bosch are the best battery makes wouldn't buy cheap car battery tbh. If your car has stop start technology this will drive the price up massively on the price for a batteryΒ 

My Range Rover eats batteries, if you get 2 years you're lucky. Had both the above and both failed, the Bosh within a year - they offer a 5 year gaurantee but dont replace the battery if it gives up the ghost, you simply get a cut of the time remaining. I feed mine cheap Lion batteries now (Euro Car Parts)- Β£40 cheaper and last just as long.PS, the dearest Lion for a Meriva is just over Β£80 as far as I can see.

Edited by bruno22rf