Leveling up Secretary ?

derbyduck

It's all nonsense anyway. Levelling can't be applied from above no matter how much money they waste trying. It has to come from the hearts and minds of the people who live in those areas and no one's ever worked out how to fix the problem of those who think education is a waste of time.

You can't build a house from the top down. It's that simple.

33 minutes ago, Westward said:

It's all nonsense anyway. Levelling can't be applied from above no matter how much money they waste trying. It has to come from the hearts and minds of the people who live in those areas and no one's ever worked out how to fix the problem of those who think education is a waste of time.

You can't build a house from the top down. It's that simple.

I would strongly disagree with that.

20 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

No he has to ensure that they tell the same amount of lies as the opposition front bench.

Thank you , does Liebour Party have a Shadow Leveling up Secretary also ? if so its a good way to keep the jobs for the boys and use up government funds !

On 18/06/2023 at 18:20, 12gauge82 said:

I would strongly disagree with that.

We all have opinions. Mine is that higher education is the only reliable foundation stone for self improvement but, sadly, a very large percentage of the population in "disadvantaged" areas think further education is a waste of time and money.

I know plenty of very capable working class locals who have good brains and a good work ethic but who were never encouraged or supported by their parents to aspire to anything more than unskilled or semi skilled work. Building shopping malls, toddlers playgrounds, multiplex cinemas, sports centres and skateboard parks isn't going to change that.

1 hour ago, Westward said:

We all have opinions. Mine is that higher education is the only reliable foundation stone for self improvement but, sadly, a very large percentage of the population in "disadvantaged" areas think further education is a waste of time and money.

I know plenty of very capable working class locals who have good brains and a good work ethic but who were never encouraged or supported by their parents to aspire to anything more than unskilled or semi skilled work. Building shopping malls, toddlers playgrounds, multiplex cinemas, sports centres and skateboard parks isn't going to change that.

I have to agree that it takes people to want to better themselves. But the hard facts are money makes money, the vast majority of people with great wealth and land belong to the same familys from history who also had great wealth.

The only way of 'leveling up' would be to remove vast wealth at death and make it impossible to pass on to family. The ethics of that I'm not going to go into as it a very devisive subject and is all a bit communistic.

14 hours ago, Westward said:

The trouble with higher education now, is that it's a indoctrination service for 'progressive'(?) ideologies. Look at what is happening in a school at Rye in Sussex. A girls is insistent that she can identify as cat, other students are dismissing the idea and have been vocal about it.

The teacher has called those that dismiss the idea as despicable people and questioned whether they should be at that school.

The teacher will have been to University, where these ideologies are actively promoted.

16 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

the vast majority of people with great wealth and land belong to the same familys from history who also had great wealth.

The only way of 'leveling up' would be to remove vast wealth at death and make it impossible to pass on to family. The ethics of that I'm not going to go into as it a very devisive subject and is all a bit communistic.

Perhaps, but it's not really levelling up. I firmly believe that you don't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

1 hour ago, Westward said:

Perhaps, but it's not really levelling up. I firmly believe that you don't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

I agree with that to, but the reality is accept for very rare cases, the poor are simply never going to be wealthy without taking from the very top of society. With great wealth comes great advantage to make money from those with less.