Virgin galatic..........

ditchman

They are due to launch their first commercial trips to space flight today.................i wish them good luck in light of what just happened with the Titanic debarcle...........

if i was a fee paying passenger on their space ship ...with its previous history ...i would be asking myself some serious questions before launch.......

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

They are due to launch their first commercial trips to space flight today.................i wish them good luck in light of what just happened with the Titanic debarcle...........

if i was a fee paying passenger on their space ship ...with its previous history ...i would be asking myself some serious questions before launch.......

Very poor timing, both out respect for what has just happened with the sub and possibly getting any uptake, for the same reason.

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I do wonder why people pay vast sums of money for these escapades 🤔

As a species, we've always pushed the envelope. It how we have got to where we are now. Someone always wants to see what's over the next hill or around the next river bend.

Think the "launch" is at 4 o.clock GMT..........

i am risk adverse.....i have been in situations where there has been risk....but it has been calculated by myself........my problem with deep sea trips and space trips.....is there is no plan "B".............its not like a bomber coming back from Germany during the war full of holes and flying on 2 engines...and surviving ..........

space jollies just need one tiddly problem ...one of a thousand electrical problems...on re-entry ...or one little crack in the hull in the deep ocean where it is 16,000 P/SI"..

you are TOAST..........there is no plan "B".........when something fails it is all over in a Nano second....

so i wish them well.........its not a risk i would take....particulary for so little gain

7 hours ago, Penelope said:

Very poor timing, both out respect for what has just happened with the sub and possibly getting any uptake, for the same reason.

Todays launch has been on the cards for many months and is a scientific endeavour not open to the paying public….. that is happening later in the year and the first public accessible flight already sold out. 

as a shareholder I’m glad todays launch and flight where a success. 

8 hours ago, ditchman said:

Think the "launch" is at 4 o.clock GMT..........

i am risk adverse.....i have been in situations where there has been risk....but it has been calculated by myself........my problem with deep sea trips and space trips.....is there is no plan "B".............its not like a bomber coming back from Germany during the war full of holes and flying on 2 engines...and surviving ..........

space jollies just need one tiddly problem ...one of a thousand electrical problems...on re-entry ...or one little crack in the hull in the deep ocean where it is 16,000 P/SI"..

you are TOAST..........there is no plan "B".........when something fails it is all over in a Nano second....

so i wish them well.........its not a risk i would take....particulary for so little gain

My thoughts too.

On 29/06/2023 at 09:43, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I do wonder why people pay vast sums of money for these escapades 🤔

Because they have too much of it. 

a bit like the 5 that went down on Titan. When billionaires have nothing else to spend cash on, they look for the “next thrill”. 

if I was a billionaire I’d 100% keep my feet on terrafirma, but a flight in a P51 would definitely be on the list! 

50 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

Because they have too much of it. 

a bit like the 5 that went down on Titan. When billionaires have nothing else to spend cash on, they look for the “next thrill”. 

if I was a billionaire I’d 100% keep my feet on terrafirma, but a flight in a P51 would definitely be on the list! 

yeah...............thats sensible..............reason.....'cause you have a plan B & C..........engine failure ...glide down.......total failure.....parachute...

space and deeeeep sea......................there aint no plan b&c...........

Just now, ditchman said:

yeah...............thats sensible..............reason.....'cause you have a plan B & C..........engine failure ...glide down.......total failure.....parachute...

space and deeeeep sea......................there aint no plan b&c...........

They probably thought that with a £200k ish price tag, that nothing would go wrong. But it did. It was doomed to fail. There is a YouTube video of a lad that was on the previous “mission” out there and they were having huge comms and control problems. 

id have said “turn this **** around and take me home”

lifes to valuable to risk loosing it at about 2000 metres underwater. 

On 29/06/2023 at 19:19, manthing said:

I thought they'd shut the virgin space program down.

That was virgin orbit - totally different company, virgin orbit was satellites (the launching of) and yes was shut down/ no longer operational. The space port in Cornwall was used by virgin orbit but not owned by them and is very much still operational. 

On 29/06/2023 at 23:53, shaun4860 said:

Said on the news that there was 3 paying passengers on it 🤷🏻‍♂️

not sure which new outlet you saw that on, quite interesting though as the flight was a commissioned flight (by the Italians) and had Italian airforce and scientists onboard. :- “The flight from Spaceport America in New Mexico was not full of wealthy thrill-seekers but rather was commissioned by the Italian government for a pair of Italian air force officers and an Italian engineer who used the mission as a training exercise and to conduct science experiments.”