Steak n chips with no gravy.

harrycatcat1

Good job you lot weren't eating it 😉😉👍👍👍 it melted in my mouth it was so tender.

What did you have for your tea 🤔 bread and pullit  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

looka a bit dehydrated to me....

you should chuck a bit of red wine and sugar and black pepper into the pan after the steak and reduce it and pour over the steak at least

it looks as dry as a Greek cricket pitch

Nooooooooooo I need to taste the steak. I can assure you that it wasn't dry.

31 minutes ago, ninjaferret said:

Wouldn't fill a tooth !!!!!!!!!!!!

🤣🤣🤣

40 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Did you eat half the steak before taking the picture?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

looks as if a rat has gnawed away at it............

it is also lacking fried onions......

im surprised that a man of supreme culinary talents would post such a lack lustre pic of food...........instead of competing in the food programme "Cook off".........you should more be on "**** off"

SCORE

3/10

Edited by ditchman

27 minutes ago, ditchman said:

looks as if a rat has gnawed away at it............

it is also lacking fried onions......

im surprised that a man of supreme culinary talents would post such a lack lustre pic of food...........instead of competing in the food programme "Cook off".........you should more be on "**** off"

SCORE

3/10

It was fillet steak not braising steak 😋

Onions with braising steak 👍 not with fillet you heathen,  I want to taste the fillet not lathered in pepper, wine or any other nonsense 😜 

The only rat that gnawed at it was me 👍👍👍👍 did you enjoy your bread and buppy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They look lovely chips (almost roastie size), and the steak looks good.  I much prefer a thick 'lump' like that rather than a thin slice as it's usually more tender and can be both nicely cooked outside, and nicely rare inside - which always seems to give more flavour.  I would also add some veggies and gravy, with some horseradish on the side.

I found this piece of steak particularly tasty 😋 and the chips were as always devine. In my younger days I would have had extras on the plate and also 4 slices of green Warburton bread with thick butter 🧈 on.

However, nowadays I have to try and limit the amount of snap that I have in one sitting and spread it out during the day otherwise I feel ill. Probably age has something to do with it 🙄🙄🙄🙄

25 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Probably age has something to do with it 🙄🙄🙄🙄

I am much the same, but find that keeping the meat and any fried/roasted bits (i.e. high in fats) a bit stingy and 'bulking out' with veggies can help!

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I am much the same, but find that keeping the meat and any fried/roasted bits (i.e. high in fats) a bit stingy and 'bulking out' with veggies can help!

I like vegetables on my roast dinner 👍👍👍

edited to say I couldn't have had any vegetables on with the steak and chips as it would have been too much for me. 

Edited by harrycatcat1

6 hours ago, Robden said:

Fillet is top for tenderness but bottom for taste.  Rump is top for taste but bottom for tenderness.

totally agree...............i only buy rump when i see it hagin' on the butchers hook and it is blue/black......which is not often

53 minutes ago, ditchman said:

totally agree...............i only buy rump when i see it hagin' on the butchers hook and it is blue/black......which is not often

I like my venison like that … hung for 21 days then skinned and hung for 2 more then cut 

31 minutes ago, Fargo said:

I like my venison like that … hung for 21 days then skinned and hung for 2 more then cut 

aaahhh ...a man that knows his stuff...i dont shoot and hunt anymore....but when i did i wrapped my venison in beef fat before roasting

Edited by ditchman