Land and police

ladyjack

That would depend upon weather rifle or shotgun 

shotgun no need 

rifles depending upon what you have on your license and weather the ground has been approved for the caliber of rifle that you are using if you have a open ticket your ok although a curtesy call to your local licensing department wouldn’t be out of the way to check it’s approved for your caliber of choice or to have the land added if you have a closed license 

hopefully this is a help to you 

all the best 

of 

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

That would depend upon weather rifle or shotgun 

shotgun no need 

rifles depending upon what you have on your license and weather the ground has been approved for the caliber of rifle that you are using if you have a open ticket your ok although a curtesy call to your local licensing department wouldn’t be out of the way to check it’s approved for your caliber of choice or to have the land added if you have a closed license 

hopefully this is a help to you 

all the best 

of 

Thanks for your advice, will call f o and see what happens 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Open ticket you’re good to go, and you’re also good to go if you have a closed ticket but both farms constitute part of that closed ticket. 

I’m assuming that since you asked, you don’t have authorisation from licensing for the second farm. 

Abit of a long story but briefly i used to shoot this farm before covid, had a phone call from f o he said I don't have permission to shoot there,I said I do but can you stop calling the farmer as he is really not well and bedridden you are stressing his wife,and I will sort it later on,well he took no notice a nd kept calling, he then told me that the wife said no to anyone shooting on the farm, so I did not go back to farm, untill I heard the farmer had passed away, I called in to give his wife my condolences and she said how is the shooting going on the farm, I told her what happened with the f o,she says no one has been in touch with her, so this is were iam at the moment, thanks again Dave PS I originally went and handed to the f o a map outlining the land,20,000 acres and exact area were it was,which i had shot for about 18 months before this f o decided differently, 

Edited by ladyjack

Inform them you need an open ticket; you’ve certainly been shooting long enough to qualify. Don’t accept the old ‘we’ll review it when you renew’ rubbish; the incompetence of many licensing authorities means you could be too old to shoot before you get a renewal. 
The entire closed/open ticket is farcical and totally illogical; you’re either safe enough to shoot ( the fact you have been issued a ticket testifies to this ) or you’re not…in which case you shouldn’t have a ticket! 

4 hours ago, Scully said:

Inform them you need an open ticket; you’ve certainly been shooting long enough to qualify. Don’t accept the old ‘we’ll review it when you renew’ rubbish; the incompetence of many licensing authorities means you could be too old to shoot before you get a renewal. 
The entire closed/open ticket is farcical and totally illogical; you’re either safe enough to shoot ( the fact you have been issued a ticket testifies to this ) or you’re not…in which case you shouldn’t have a ticket! 

Thanks scully I will ask for an open ticket and see what happens 

On 23/08/2023 at 20:32, Scully said:

I have this with mine, RF open cf closed, stating I've not shot for long enough blah blah. Evenmade me do the awareness course to get CF. so as you say I should be seen as safe as I got the ticket off the back of doing training!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/08/2023 at 20:32, Scully said:

Hello, I had to wait until after my first renewal to get an open ticket 

On 23/08/2023 at 20:16, ladyjack said:

Abit of a long story but briefly i used to shoot this farm before covid, had a phone call from f o he said I don't have permission to shoot there,I said I do but can you stop calling the farmer as he is really not well and bedridden you are stressing his wife,and I will sort it later on,well he took no notice a nd kept calling, he then told me that the wife said no to anyone shooting on the farm, so I did not go back to farm, untill I heard the farmer had passed away, I called in to give his wife my condolences and she said how is the shooting going on the farm, I told her what happened with the f o,she says no one has been in touch with her, so this is were iam at the moment, thanks again Dave PS I originally went and handed to the f o a map outlining the land,20,000 acres and exact area were it was,which i had shot for about 18 months before this f o decided differently, 

I had a similar incident with a trainee FLO that didn't like non-agricultural people having rifles, he was obstructive and challenged some of my land owners about their need for rabbit control. A more experienced sporting shooter FLO stepped in and over ruled some of his incorrect decisions. He was a retired CID officer - he left that department soon after.

northumbria police do this aparently.   My first ticket was a closed ticked asked for it to be opened as i was getting offers and requests all over the place. they said it automatically gets made an open ticked upon your first renewal and that your first 5 years is seen as a probation of sorts and any new permission will be added upon request, my renewal ticket came back open.

so far touch wood northumbria have been excelent with me, never got much push back at all on variations, ammunition quantity or turn around times.

Edited by Sweet11-87

4 hours ago, Sweet11-87 said:

northumbria police do this aparently.   My first ticket was a closed ticked asked for it to be opened as i was getting offers and requests all over the place. they said it automatically gets made an open ticked upon your first renewal and that your first 5 years is seen as a probation of sorts and any new permission will be added upon request, my renewal ticket came back open.

so far touch wood northumbria have been excelent with me, never got much push back at all on variations, ammunition quantity or turn around times.

Not having a pop at you, but as I mentioned to the OP, I just don’t get the ‘probation’ excuse at all, and it shouldn’t be accepted, especially currently with the amount of time it takes licensing to issue! 
You’re deemed fit to own guns and shoot over land the moment that ticket is signed. 
I mean, what does the ‘probation’ period consist of? If you don’t send a round into the next county within five years we’ll open up your ticket? If it doesn’t hit anything or anyone, who’s to know? If you don’t kill anyone within that time we’ll open up your ticket? Bit late then isn’t it? 
You’re either safe or you’re not. 
It’s totally ridiculous and illogical. 

Prior to getting my “open” licence all I did when being asked to shoot on another farm was to ask FEO  in that area, what  calibre that land was passed for. If the land was already passed for the calibre I was using I was good to go.

Problem would only occur if the land had never been assessed but that did not happen prior to getting my open ticket.

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Not having a pop at you, but as I mentioned to the OP, I just don’t get the ‘probation’ excuse at all, and it shouldn’t be accepted, especially currently with the amount of time it takes licensing to issue! 
You’re deemed fit to own guns and shoot over land the moment that ticket is signed. 
I mean, what does the ‘probation’ period consist of? If you don’t send a round into the next county within five years we’ll open up your ticket? If it doesn’t hit anything or anyone, who’s to know? If you don’t kill anyone within that time we’ll open up your ticket? Bit late then isn’t it? 
You’re either safe or you’re not. 
It’s totally ridiculous and illogical. 

couldnt agree more mate, but i noticed the OP was in newcaste and will more than likley fall under the same police force as me and basicaly say if its his first ticket thats the deal if its not then it should have already been changed and to read the print on his ticket.

mine used to say over land cleared by the chief of police now it says that i have permission over or somthing to that effect.

Edited by Sweet11-87