Gamebore Pigeon Extreme

I would certainly  never use a cartridge  like that over decoys for pigeons  but I can see how it could be useful for fighting or roosting birds .

I would hope such a load would pattern well /better at long range than a standard  pigeon cartridge  or even the  type of cart I use which is usually  a 28 gram  no 7 .

I've got some rc sipe 30 grm no 5 and never use them as I find 28 grm no 7 kill better over the 40 yd distance I tend to decoy .

Pigeon have about 1\3 target area of a pheasant, whilst Mr Digweed can use PE with circa 260 pellets (with to kill pigeons with his specially choke regulated OU out to silly distances (think 75 yards), for us mere mortals, 1oz no 7 (340 pellets) and IC will drop every pigeon with 40 yards if you are on target.

im not sure what gamebores angle on these are tbh, theyre in the same price bracket  as  blackgold, zeneth or highpheasent extreme which are the "flagship premium loads" of the same weight and shot size. like the rest of you its way overkill for pigeon maybe it was just a crack at putting digweeds face on somtething.  ive never seen a box on a shelf with the new gamebore logo on it so i cant imagine theyve done many re-runs in recent times.