Wimpey

ditchman

on the way back from wildfowling ...me and me mate used to drop off and have an "Olympic Breakfast".....fried egg Burger ....beans...mushrooms(button)...backon....2 fried frankfurters..fried bread...and hash browns...........toast and coffee

being out in the creeks on Wolverton marshes since 3 oclock in the morning...waiting for the pinks to lift.......you were cold and bloody starving

that really hit the spot.......

i miss wimpey.....

As a child, my pater used to take myself and my brother for a Wimpy treat occasionally,,,, about three or four times if I recall 🥴 🤣

Burger and fries with tomato sauce out of those tomato shaped sauce bottles 😆

Will always remember the smell,,,, and those sauce bottles 🍅

my last time at a little chef was on the road to ipswich......i was served with an enormous plate ful of double stuff i ordered....by some tarty strumpet....(nice enuff tho)....chatting away with her and her chewing gum fell out of her mouth ....bounced on the table and landed on me extra mushrooms........

i looked at it....then looked at her...and motioned for her to pick it out of my mushrooms....she took a blue biro out of her greasy looking hair and flicked it off me mushrooms onto the table....picked it up and popped it back in her gob....i looked at her and she ...very red faced looked at me ...NOT A WORD WAS SAID......

i finished my meal went to pay...and was given a note saying NO CHARGE and given 3 certificates for 3 steak meals (valid for 1 year)

I used to enjoy Little Chef fry ups, their Big 7 burgers, and their maple & syrup pancakes! There was one very close to my home so if we were to lazy to cook we'd go there.  There was one in North Wales which was a pit stop for a fry up on the way to some fishing competitions. 

9 minutes ago, Aled said:

I used to enjoy Little Chef fry ups

I used to look forward to a Little Chef breakfast in the LC just east of Chipping Norton if I was working on a weekend.  It was a consistently 'reasonable' breakfast.  You knew what you would get, and that you would get it promptly.

On 02/09/2023 at 13:33, ditchman said:

on the way back from wildfowling ...me and me mate used to drop off and have an "Olympic Breakfast".....fried egg Burger ....beans...mushrooms(button)...backon....2 fried frankfurters..fried bread...and hash browns...........toast and coffee

being out in the creeks on Wolverton marshes since 3 oclock in the morning...waiting for the pinks to lift.......you were cold and bloody starving

that really hit the spot.......

i miss wimpey.....

Yep Wimpey was the best by a mile.