Gamebore carts exported to Belgium

Fargo

3 hours ago, HantsRob said:

Any thoughts of why no fibre wads in Belgium? Is it they are "behind the times" (I'd think not as they have bio), or just don't think they perform? Or just like a cup for better patterning?

No lead in a lot of Belgium but one part you still can.

Every European country I hunted in they won’t use fibre. Down to cost and availability. Even in Hungary I was buying plastic black gold 5’s for ducks cheaper than here.

The world outside of the UK has (mostly) used plastic since it was available. It’s only our precious little sceptered isle where fibre is so prevalent in the countryside - as we don’t like flinging plastic across our fields. This is often seen as a quirky Brit’ thing abroad - and there is often a view that fibre cart’s are ballistically hopeless…….?!

52 minutes ago, Fellside said:

and there is often a view that fibre cart’s are ballistically hopeless…….?!

I wonder where that daft idea came from? 
I never use anything else and they work just fine all the time. 
I don’t like plastic because I don’t like plastic streaks in my barrels. I find it a swine to remove. Quite apart from the litter.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

I don’t like plastic because I don’t like plastic streaks in my barrels. I find it a swine to remove. Quite apart from the litter.

I use fibre cos I hate seeing little plastic wads all over and don't wish to contribute to the mess, that includes clay grounds.

Ballistically hopeless? I think not.

French won’t use fibre

Spanish 95% wont

Hungary trying find a fibre is very hard unless someone imported Hull game loads 

Just now, Fargo said:

French won’t use fibre

Spanish 95% wont

Hungary trying find a fibre is very hard unless someone imported Hull game loads 

Pic is loads used on a game day in Hungary I was on

1E490CF8-9FDA-4095-A108-2AA1C607965F.jpeg

1 minute ago, Fargo said:

French won’t use fibre

Spanish 95% wont

Pic is loads used on a game day in Hungary I was on

1E490CF8-9FDA-4095-A108-2AA1C607965F.jpeg

Big shot sizes , big payloads and plastic only

They like 2/3/4/5 for pheasant there!

2 hours ago, London Best said:

Couldn’t agree more. If they were to observe a typical UK game shooting day - it would leave them in no doubt as to the efficiency of fibre. 

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Ballistically hopeless? I think not.

Not my view BTW. It’s just what the general opinion is outside the UK. Beyond our shores there doesn’t seem to be a perceived need for fibre…. which I have always found odd. 
Like so many here, I use nothing but fibre these days, for clays also. 

2 hours ago, Fellside said:

It’s just what the general opinion is outside the UK

People are idiots. We once had a large American corporation book a pheasant day as part of a week’s shooting across the U.K. The boss man brought his own gun but gave detailed instructions about what “shells” he needed. He insisted on 1 1/4 ounce loads of American No.4 or equivalent. When my friend, the booking agent and shoot captain, told him he didn’t need such stuff and that he always used 15/16 ounce loads of English No.6 from a 16 bore with improved cylinder bores the American laughed and said, “you can’t shoot very many”. Little did he know.

4 hours ago, shotmaker said:

Kent cartridges are made in West Virginia, USA, they're not exported from the UK.

the diamand shot is still dropped in hull unless im mistaken. so the lead is still going over the atlantic. and im sure some of the loads were made in the uk

"Kent manufactures a wide range of shotgun shells, loaded at our factory in West Virginia. We also have a sales and distribution office located in Ontario, Canada, servicing our friends to the North. In addition to the two North American locations, we also have a sister company in the U.K., the Gamebore Cartridge Company, that manufactures our proprietary shot such as Bismuth®, Tungsten Matrix®, and our premium lead shot, commonly known as Diamond Shot®."

ripped directly off the kent website.

Edited by Sweet11-87