Packham

Velocette

Yellow stone has an active hunt licence / policy for all sorts of animals within its boundaries to ensure the balance is kept balanced.

the problem we have is that the few with very defined views in the uk are now calling the shots with those of our main stream media too scared to actually stand up to them and give a balanced view !

Another point he chooses to ignore for instance a lot of upper moorland peatland in Yorkshire was not drained for grouse  shooting but to graze sheep to feed us through the Second World War.

Agriv8

I keep saying over and over again, we are easily outnumbered 1000 - 1, we dont stick together, all country sports are still divided by class and i dont see any alteration in that from 40 years. 

Packem has more followers than there are members of all of the shooting organisation put together. 

Why dont all the shooting organisation combine forces get their heads together and fight as one for ALL country sports from farm yard rat shooting to Red stags in the Highlands and pigeon shooting on stubble to Grouse shooting on the moors.  

7 minutes ago, Dougy said:

I keep saying over and over again, we are easily outnumbered 1000 - 1, we dont stick together, all country sports are still divided by class and i dont see any alteration in that from 40 years. 

Packem has more followers than there are members of all of the shooting organisation put together. 

Why dont all the shooting organisation combine forces get their heads together and fight as one for ALL country sports from farm yard rat shooting to Red stags in the Highlands and pigeon shooting on stubble to Grouse shooting on the moors.  

I fully agree on what you are saying , you only have to look on P W to see how many knocks B A S C get and they are one of the biggest , we used to have British Field Sports Society but they changed names and it was never the same , some of the others , if there is many others seem to keep a low profile .

I can well remember some of the first game shoots we went on where the guns were light years away from the beaters and helpers and then over the years as game shooting got more affordable the gap closed a lot and we all got on well together , now it is slowly going backwards again as it is getting to expensive for the ones on low income , this was the same with the hunting fraternity , they sat up high on there horses and looked down to anyone who wasn't in there ( family ) , not the nicest people to mix with .

Anything we lose , we will lose for ever and how things are going I believe it will only be a mater of time .    MM

I joined the march in London where there was over 500,000 people, standing up for what they believed in. I like many others tried to get more to join in, i asked my local angling club Burton Mutual, but the response was as i just mentioned above "we are not part of the ban, they wont touch us" They could not see further than their nose. 

I fear its far too late and the jaws are locked well into the jugular of all country sports, even though we see a slight sprinkling of defence from  few of the organisations it too late and been far too little. 

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

good post Dougy, 👍

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

Our organisations won’t amalgamate into one for many reasons, one of which would mean job losses; think about it.
Secondly it wouldn’t make one iota of difference because we would still be a minority group within the population. 
What WOULD make a difference would be if we had a tradition of shooting/hunting in Gt. Britain, but we’ve never had that ( and never will ) due to being a monarchy. 

Thirdly, and here is a perfect example of our shooting orgs NOT setting an example……BASC representatives fell out amongst themselves regarding driven live quarry shooting ( if I recall it started regarding differences about raised beds/rearing pheasants? ) so some of the gamekeepers within BASC decided they would start their own organisation and out of that dispute was born the National Gamekeepers Organisation!  You really couldn’t make it up! 😀

Shifty Swifty told them they ‘wouldn’t last a year’! 

19 minutes ago, Scully said:

Our organisations won’t amalgamate into one for many reasons, one of which would mean job losses; think about it.
Secondly it wouldn’t make one iota of difference because we would still be a minority group within the population. 
What WOULD make a difference would be if we had a tradition of shooting/hunting in Gt. Britain, but we’ve never had that ( and never will ) due to being a monarchy. 

Thirdly, and here is a perfect example of our shooting orgs NOT setting an example……BASC representatives fell out amongst themselves regarding driven live quarry shooting ( if I recall it started regarding differences about raised beds/rearing pheasants? ) so some of the gamekeepers within BASC decided they would start their own organisation and out of that dispute was born the National Gamekeepers Organisation!  You really couldn’t make it up! 😀

Shifty Swifty told them they ‘wouldn’t last a year’! 

That has been the issue for years, factions and political shenanigans which is pretty much par for the course in so many societies and organisations in general. I'm an early member of the NGO having left BASC over something or other that irked me enough to drew me to the AGM and hear what JS had to say that year ["chemo brain"my memory is often dire but pretty sure it was pre the raised cages thing ]. 

4 minutes ago, Miserableolgit said:

That has been the issue for years, factions and political shenanigans which is pretty much par for the course in so many societies and organisations in general. I'm an early member of the NGO having left BASC over something or other that irked me enough to drew me to the AGM and hear what JS had to say that year ["chemo brain"my memory is often dire but pretty sure it was pre the raised cages thing ]. 

Indeed. There’s also the fact the CPSA tried a name change to distance itself from live quarry shooters also, and the now defunct SRA came about due to BASC’s indifference regarding the fate of handgunners following Dunblane. 

CP has the huge benefit of now being a household name thanks to his presence on television over quite a few years [I recall catching him on a tv programme while visiting someone in the mid 80's when CP came across as a rather awkward young chap]. Gone are the days when characters the likes of Jack Hargreaves, Phil Drabble, Robin Page, Clarissa Dickson Wright, Johnny Scott, David Bellamy, Jack Charlton etc etc got a look in on mainstream media instead Joe Public is served up pap for the masses type "country" programmes where it seems every animal is given a cute name and the audience swaddled against the red in tooth and claw & fieldsports are shunned in favour of an endless commentary on climate change.

Rant over. 

Edited by Miserableolgit

12 hours ago, Miserableolgit said:

CP has the huge benefit of now being a household name thanks to his presence on television over quite a few years [I recall catching him on a tv programme while visiting someone in the mid 80's when CP came across as a rather awkward young chap]. Gone are the days when characters the likes of Jack Hargreaves, Phil Drabble, Robin Page, Clarissa Dickson Wright, Johnny Scott, David Bellamy, Jack Charlton etc etc got a look in on mainstream media instead Joe Public is served up pap for the masses type "country" programmes where it seems every animal is given a cute name and the audience swaddled against the red in tooth and claw & fieldsports are shunned in favour of an endless commentary on climate change.

Rant over. 

Not a rant. The truth always hurts someone?

The bbc bears a lot of the blame imho as it's able to tailor the presenters and information to suit it's agenda. 

As you say all animals are given names to feed the sheeple need for conscience easing?

How many more times they are able to reinvent  brock is a master class in deception? 

Everyone with common sense knows where we are heading at speed?