farmers protest france

armsid

Reading about the farmers protesting in France it seems that the EU is determined to ruin everyone in Europe by importing from South America rather than home grown just to meet net zero and force more regulations on farmers and we know regulations means more none jobs at great expense all to go green interesting times ahead for the EU and Europe

1 hour ago, armsid said:

Reading about the farmers protesting in France it seems that the EU is determined to ruin everyone in Europe by importing from South America rather than home grown just to meet net zero and force more regulations on farmers and we know regulations means more none jobs at great expense all to go green interesting times ahead for the EU and Europe

I wouldn't call them interesting in any shape or form, just pure insanity like we have here.  The lunatics are running the asylum and will totally wreck our standard of living and food and energy security for absolutely nothing.

7 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

I wouldn't call them interesting in any shape or form, just pure insanity like we have here.  The lunatics are running the asylum and will totally wreck our standard of living and food and energy security for absolutely nothing.

exactly this!

unless every country is singing from the same hymn sheet what's the point.

as an example the UK is a miniscule contributor to the (so called) causes of climate change (1% ish) but is on a pointless crusade down the path to nett zero to make "zero" difference.

Don't worry when we (won't) get to net zero and produce nothing we can blame every other country for polluting. 

Then they'll stop making and growing stuff for us to cut there emissions. 

We're doomed. 

That is what net zero is all about.  For the UK to meet its legally binding NET ZERO obligations ( although I thought they’d been put ‘on hold’ as it were ) they will have to rely on importing its energy needs from countries such as China for example. This in turn ramps up the emissions of those countries doing the supplying, therefore making absolutely no difference to emissions on a global scale, but the UK will have met its obligations! Clever eh! 😀

10 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

They will and not give a flying fig for the little people. 

This green cobblers is so barmy that maybe it will fall over big time in a much shorter time span than the goons imagine?

2 hours ago, mellors said:

Don't worry when we (won't) get to net zero and produce nothing we can blame every other country for polluting. 

Then they'll stop making and growing stuff for us to cut there emissions. 

We're doomed. 

Mm, we have been pushed down that path for years.

The UK media seems to have a general blackout on the situation in Europe - there have been extensive protests in France, Belgium, Holland, Romania, to name a few and now beginning also in Ireland. If I go on BBC World news online- nothing. Why is this? You would think a major convoy of tractors decending on Brussels would be newsworthy

2 minutes ago, Acerforestry said:

The UK media seems to have a general blackout on the situation in Europe - there have been extensive protests in France, Belgium, Holland, Romania, to name a few and now beginning also in Ireland. If I go on BBC World news online- nothing. Why is this? You would think a major convoy of tractors decending on Brussels would be newsworthy

We don't want the populace  to get excited, the bbc is only interested in over paying mindless presenters to push out meaningless stuff to further their own agenda?

1 hour ago, Acerforestry said:

you're watching the wrong channels bud.

it's on GB NEWS daily

Just as a heads up - I heard that there was a large collection of Welsh farmers that met at Welshpool last week (in the order of 1000) - and while reffing a Skeet comp yesterday I asked two guys who are involved in Welsh farming if it was true - it was - and they hinted there was more to come…

it isn’t only happening across the channel 

On 03/02/2024 at 22:16, armsid said:

Happening Europe wide.

23 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

How big does one’s ego have to be, to think we can control mother nature, or understand her for that matter.

It is not about, nor has it every been about about controlling nature, but controlling humans.

9 hours ago, discobob said:

Just as a heads up - I heard that there was a large collection of Welsh farmers that met at Welshpool last week (in the order of 1000) - and while reffing a Skeet comp yesterday I asked two guys who are involved in Welsh farming if it was true - it was - and they hinted there was more to come…

Yes, I was sent some info on that, too.

10 hours ago, discobob said:

Does that mean that the Men of Harlech will be joining the Eaters of Garlic?

I'll get my coat