CWD & Hares with Golden Eagles

Fargo

7 hours ago, Bobba said:

I see no difference between this and hare coursing which is illegal under the Hunting Act 2004. It should be banned.

I get where you are coming from, but coursing and hunting with hounds should be legal.

8 hours ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

i'm of the same opinion tbh but then again it's only what happens in the wild.

nature is cruel.

But this is not in the wild, those birds are not hunting to feed themselves - they are hunting for the pleasure of the owners.

12 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

But this is not in the wild, those birds are not hunting to feed themselves - they are hunting for the pleasure of the owners.

I flicked through the film,,,,, lots of whooping and hollering of great excitement and jollity. I thought it was OTT with the 'pleasure of the owners' !!! If it was one bloke, sorry, person, with one eagle being filmed by one camera person, it would have been better, IMHO. Without all the whooping and hollering of course. More of an insight type of video ?

On 20/02/2024 at 20:38, bruno22rf said:

The same as driven days on the pheasants or partridge not wild birds 

I have done this with Goshawks at a few different meets we done one meet at Garlands shooting ground with the Welsh Hawking Club many years go lots of Hares on there ground it was a great weekend Hawking 

7 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

The same as driven days on the pheasants or partridge not wild birds 

I have done this with Goshawks at a few different meets we done one meet at Garlands shooting ground with the Welsh Hawking Club many years go lots of Hares on there ground it was a great weekend Hawking 

So the Hares are not wild? If you enjoy this kind of thing then crack on, personally I find it cruel and totally unnecessary.

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

So the Hares are not wild? If you enjoy this kind of thing then crack on, personally I find it cruel and totally unnecessary.

You must be about as close to being an anti as it is possible to be without actually being one.

What are you doing participating on a field sports forum?

On 20/02/2024 at 20:38, bruno22rf said:

But this is not in the wild, those birds are not hunting to feed themselves - they are hunting for the pleasure of the owners

So is pheasant shooting and most other shooting we do it for our pleasure 

11 hours ago, London Best said:

You must be about as close to being an anti as it is possible to be without actually being one.

9 of the 18 posts on here by 14 contributors contain negative feedback regarding the subject matter.

so by your reasoning more than 60% of the forum are closet antis'🙄

OR,60 plus % have some hunting ethics👍

if the Hares had 32 grams of number 5 shot at them and the Deer 50 grains of .224 (other calibres are available) no-one would have said a word to knock it.

Edited by Zoli 12 guage

43 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

9 of the 18 posts on here by 14 contributors contain negative feedback regarding the subject matter.

so by your reasoning more than 60% of the forum are closet antis'🙄

OR,60 plus % have some hunting ethics👍

if the Hares had 32 grams of number 5 shot at them and the Deer 50 grains of .224 (other calibres are available) no-one would have said a word to knock it.

To be fair, each to their own, my gripe is why film it and put it on social media, some things (like this) best kept under the radar in my opinion

12 hours ago, London Best said:

I'm doing the same as you - exercising my right to voice my opinion on this subject. If I feel the need to question another members loyalty to field sports I will start another thread and not troll this one.

Edited by bruno22rf

4 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

I'm doing the same as you - exercising my right to voice my opinion on this subject. If I feel the need to question another members loyalty to field sports I will start another thread and not troll this one.

👍

4 hours ago, Charliedog said:

To be fair, each to their own, my gripe is why film it and put it on social media, some things (like this) best kept under the radar in my opinion

You can say that about  any shooting  video someone  won't like  it